Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 . LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    For three years this fan base called for Levi to be benched and for a couple of them it was in favor of playing those they are now being called to be benched. How many games did we lose with Levi at the helm? I’m talking about this fan base . . .
    We talking the RPCA?

2. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Zeon is clearly the future, in my opinion. I get why Dez went with Chandler heading into FSU after Ben went down, and staying the course into TXST. But Zeon put everyone on notice in the 4th quarter last night. That kid can ball!
    He had one series against a very bad team who had already lost their last game of the season. I suspect if he could really ball, he would have had substantial playing time this year.

3. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    We talking the RPCA?
    TOP to bottom . . .

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

He had one series against a very bad team who had already lost their last game of the season. I suspect if he could really ball, he would have had substantial playing time this year.
    This was the first time, that I can remember, they really opened things up for him. I don’t care who was across the ball from him, he passed the test with flying colors.

I can only imagine the lack of playing time had more to do with trust early on and the red shirt down the stretch. I don’t think you make his first collegiate start on the road in Tallahassee.

5. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

This was the first time, that I can remember, they really opened things up for him. I don’t care who was across the ball from him, he passed the test with flying colors.

I can only imagine the lack of playing time had more to do with trust early on and the red shirt down the stretch. I don’t think you make his first collegiate start on the road in Tallahassee.
    What he did yesterday only served not to disqualify him. It was certainly not enough to qualify him if he was not otherwise qualified to start this year.

To be fair many said the same type of stuff about Fields last year when he would come in late for Lewis. Pretty hilarious now when we look back on it.

7. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    My expectation for this year wasn't very high, it was more of a grit my teeth and take it in the gut because of my disappointment in the offseason. Going forward, there is obvious improvement needed on offense, and not just the players. I will say I am pleased in some aspects. I am surprised that the defense overall was as good as it turned out. There were some pretty bad breakdowns, but taking those away, we were aggressive and I like that.
    My expectations for the future though, are high. I expect Des to recruit well, and get this team back to the top of G5. I expect this staff to improve this offense, both the run game and also develop a QB that can give the Cajuns a high caliber passing game. Can he do it, I don't know, but I sure hope he can.
    …well in recruiting I expect Tulane especially along with Miss South, USA, Houston and Rice to improve…I know we were very excited by our early commits (like in the past some not publicly) but I think we have maybe gotten back on the plus side……If they stay, and I certainly hope so, Chris, Perry, LL2 that kinda gave us a look, will be huge!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    To be fair many said the same about Fields last year when he would come in late for Lewis. Pretty hilarious now when we look back on it.
    RPCA logic is always a laugh fest.

9. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    RPCA logic is always a laugh fest.
    One sure thing about them, the RPCA is consistent . . .

What he did yesterday only served not to disqualify him. It was certainly not enough to qualify him if he was not otherwise qualified to start this year.
    I agree Ben or Chandler were the wiser options after camp. I totally get that. In my opinion, heading into Spring, he deserves every opportunity to win the QB1 spot. He gives us a different wrinkle on the ground and an arm to complement it that nobody on this roster has. I’m really excited for his future.

11. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

I agree Ben or Chandler were the wiser options after camp. I totally get that. In my opinion, heading into Spring, he deserves every opportunity to win the QB1 spot. He gives us a different wrinkle on the ground and an arm to complement it that nobody on this roster has. I’m really excited for his future.
    I agree with you that the QB position should be wide open again. I also believe there is a reason he did not play this year and that one series Saturday did not resolve it.

12. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Zeon>Walker Howard
    How so? One sits the bench for a team trying to get bowl eligible in the last regular season game of the season and the other sits the bench for another team that was trying to stay in playoff contention in the last regular season game of the season. One series against a very bad team who had already lost its last game of the season is too small a sample size to make such an evaluation.

13. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

45 players gone,
    A wise man once said
    "Never quit recruiting"

14. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    A wise man once said
    "Never quit recruiting"
    You know someone who quit?

15. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

One sure thing about them, the RPCA is consistent . . .
    The Real People Concensus Association is always right.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 . LastLast

Thread Information