Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Is this number correct? If so, then I have a much higher regard for this season.
    Even with all those defections. And someone said this last night on RR post game. You play one QB from the beginning and don’t play musical QBs early on we probably win 3 more games.

Last year was a strange off season very curios to see how many transfer out this year. Hopefully that number goes down.

2. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Even with all those defections. And someone said this last night on RR post game. You play one QB from the beginning and don’t play musical QBs early on we probably win 3 more games.

Last year was a strange off season very curios to see how many transfer out this year. Hopefully that number goes down.
    Really . . .

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Jay mentioned at the end of the broadcast that they had some academic issues also.
    Don’t know if I read this or heard this yesterday. CBN left academics in a huge mess that needed to be cleaned up.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Really . . .

Yes. Very easily. And that was pretty evident.

5. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Yes. Very easily. And that was pretty evident.
    Don’t come here and be one of those unequivocal hind sight key board coaches. Only the hind will really show . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Don’t come here and be one of those unequivocal hind sight key board coaches. Only the hind will really show . . .
    Pretty sure I said during the ULM game pulling the starter after he scores in his first 2 possessions was crazy and killed all the momentum of that game. I also said sitting in the stands at rice, that the offense looked like it had no identity with the 2 QBs. So there is no hind sight about it.

Just curious how many games you made this year?

I'm grateful that these young men especially the senior class get to go bowling but this is by far one of the most disappointing seasons in my opinion. I admire the fact that they didn't just pack it in but making all the excuses for why we only won six games is ridiculous to me. We had enough talent to win at least 10 games this year. We had Troy and USA beaten, the two top teams in the west, and should never ever lose to Monroe especially when they are having a usual terrible year, but for whatever reason and I'm not going to point fingers we loss. FSU and rice are the only two teams that punched us in the mouth. S Miss bloodied our nose, but we could have won that fight. Like I said I'm grateful these young men get to play another day hats off to them. But lets be real and honest about the season.

8. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Pretty sure I said during the ULM game pulling the starter after he scores in his first 2 possessions was crazy and killed all the momentum of that game. I also said sitting in the stands at rice, that the offense looked like it had no identity with the 2 QBs. So there is no hind sight about it.

The hind is surely “moving on” every chance he gets . . . stay focused

9. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

. someone said this last night on RR post game. You play one QB from the beginning and don’t play musical QBs early on we probably win 3 more games.
    People say stuff in ignorance or forgetfulness all the time.

Louisiana opened the season with 17 and 28 point victories with the QB rotate system.

In the losses only once were some clamoring for a lost chance at 3-in-a-row scoring drive that however unlikely will never be known due to an automatic rotate.

The consensus in real time was the O-Line wasn't operating as it should.

No one blamed a specific rotated in QB, only that a specific drive was left with an unknowable.

Now it is twisted into one QB all year and UL wins 3 more games?

After seeing the tale of the 2 Chandlers vs Florida State, I'm thinking the in-game series breaks did him good early in the season.

10. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Unbelievable how concise and accurate a post can be when made without an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    People say stuff in ignorance or forgetfulness all the time.

Louisiana opened the season with 17 and 28 point victories with the QB rotate system.

In the losses only once were some clamoring for a lost chance at 3-in-a-row scoring drive that however unlikely will never be known due to an automatic rotate.

The consensus in real time was the O-Line wasn't operating as it should.

No one blamed a specific rotated in QB, only that a specific drive was left with an unknowable.

Now it is twisted into one QB all year and UL wins 3 more games?

After seeing the tale of the 2 Chandlers vs Florida State, I'm thinking the in-game series breaks did him good early in the season.
    Defense won the EMU game. How many turn over did they get in that 2nd half? Don’t remember the exact number but think it was 4 or 5 in that neighbor hood. Which all led to very short fields.

Just go back and look at the number of drops we had by receivers when playing 2 QBs compared to when he went with one. If you think that is just coincidence and has nothing to do with seeing the ball differently without consistency then you are just fooling yourself.

I can assure after winning the job in fall camp Chandler didn’t think those in game breaks did him good and he didn’t appreciate them much. It was evident in Monroe after he scored touchdowns in the first 2 possessions and got pulled the entire offensive momentum dropped completely off. CMD even admitted as much that he probably made a mistake there. As a matter of fact CF disliked those “in game breaks” so much I would not be surprised if he hits the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I'm grateful that these young men especially the senior class get to go bowling but this is by far one of the most disappointing seasons in my opinion. I admire the fact that they didn't just pack it in but making all the excuses for why we only won six games is ridiculous to me. We had enough talent to win at least 10 games this year. We had Troy and USA beaten, the two top teams in the west, and should never ever lose to Monroe especially when they are having a usual terrible year, but for whatever reason and I'm not going to point fingers we loss. FSU and rice are the only two teams that punched us in the mouth. S Miss bloodied our nose, but we could have won that fight. Like I said I'm grateful these young men get to play another day hats off to them. But lets be real and honest about the season.
    Then let's be real and honest about last season's team. They weren't as good as their record. We were very fortunate not to lose at least two additional games.

Lack of experience both on the field and the coaching staff is the difference. That isn't an excuse it is a fact. We were talented pretty much every where except QB and OL, which is kind of important when trying to score points. IMO, people are letting their disappointment in the season, obscure the facts and trying to support their egos from missing predictions of the season.

I bet quite a bit of money on Cajuns over 8.5 wins, and I know realize I did that with emotion, not by looking in a realistically way at all the upheaval the program was going through. Yes, we had winnable games, in those moments, but didn't have the experience to close them out.

So, in my opinion, after looking at all the circumstances, the Cajuns could've won 8-9 games this season and it would have been a major overachievement. In reality, this was a 7 win team when combining experience and talent level. So yes, a somewhat disappointing team.

13. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

We will win 7 games . . .

25+ years since he has attended a college football game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Then let's be real and honest about last season's team. They weren't as good as their record. We were very fortunate not to lose at least two additional games.

Lack of experience both on the field and the coaching staff is the difference. That isn't an excuse it is a fact. We were talented pretty much every where except QB and OL, which is kind of important when trying to score points. IMO, people are letting their disappointment in the season, obscure the facts and trying to support their egos from missing predictions of the season.

I bet quite a bit of money on Cajuns over 8.5 wins, and I know realize I did that with emotion, not by looking in a realistically way at all the upheaval the program was going through. Yes, we had winnable games, in those moments, but didn't have the experience to close them out.

So, in my opinion, after looking at all the circumstances, the Cajuns could've won 8-9 games this season and it would have been a major overachievement. In reality, this was a 7 win team when combining experience and talent level. So yes, a somewhat disappointing team.
    There is no doubt there has been a learning curve for this coaching staff and that should have been expected. As you stated the turnover of 45 players is a tremendous amount of attrition and that also includes the extra scholarships allowed because of Covid. I think it's fair to say that this team was capable of several more wins and it's also fair to say some people had unrealistic expectations considering the attrition in players and staff, top to bottom.

There are two other programs that are comparable to our situation in turnover in staff and players, Oklahoma and SMU. Both programs have had disappointing seasons with supporters asking similar questions. Do we have the right guy in place? My gut tells me yes, but I will give him time to prove himself.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . LastLast

Thread Information