Thread: Broadcast question

People Broadcast question

The football game Saturday kicksoffs at 4 pm.
    The basketball game's opening tip is 5 pm.
    If Jay Walker is calling the football game,
    who is doing pxp for the basketball game?

2. Default Re: Broadcast question

Maybe Dan NcDonald, or Stevie P

Default Re: Broadcast question

I think Ian Auzenne is doing the basketball game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    I think Ian Auzenne is doing the basketball game.
    Hope so. He does a fantastic job.

Ian is doing MBB on Saturday. Jay is handling football and Stevie P has WBB on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Ian is doing MBB on Saturday. Jay is handling football and Stevie P has WBB on Friday.
    What is MBB?

7. Default Re: Broadcast question

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    What is MBB?
    Since they 'woke' to 'Lady' being a four letter word, UL is handcuffed in using 'Women' as a descriptive, which in turn forces a 'Men' descriptive simply because there are 'two' versions of "basketball at UL."

To save typing WBB and MBB are often used to differentiate between the two basketballs at UL.

If there were a men's softball at UL the same would be needed for WSB but since Women's softball rules the roost SB is sufficient.

Same for baseball. there is only one baseball so BB is sufficient.

MBB and WBB differentiate the two basketballs at Louisiana. Men and Women's.

Everthing is in context.

Nice explanation, but, I absolutely hate it. I don't think there's anything that "forces" anyone to say, men's basketball. When I was a kid going to watch Bo Lamar play, or, a student at USL going to watch Andrew Tony play, never once did I say, "I'm going to the men's basketball game." If I would have said it, I would have been looked at like I was crazy.

9. Default Re: Broadcast question

Nice explanation, but, I absolutely hate it. I don't think there's anything that "forces" anyone to say, men's basketball. When I was a kid going to watch Bo Lamar play, or, a student at USL going to watch Andrew Tony play, never once did I say, "I'm going to the men's basketball game." If I would have said it, I would have been looked at like I was crazy.
    Lady Cajuns was brilliant because it didn't force a men and women differentiation.

Lady Cajuns was its own money making brand.

I've never once heard the initials spoken or uttered. It's just for text.

I've also never heard SB or WSB in spoken word.

10. Default Re: Broadcast question

Thing’s before Title IX were very different. Can’t compare the two eras.

11. Default Re: Broadcast question

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Lady Cajuns was brilliant because it didn't force a men and women differentiation.

Lady Cajuns was its own money making brand.

I've never once heard the initials spoken or uttered. It's just for text.

I've also never heard SB or WSB in spoken word.
    MSB is a beer sport.

Andrew Toney was drafted to NBA in 1980, title ix passed in 1972, he was not before title ix.

now before sec used title ix as an excuse to try to take over certain sports after ignoring the law for well over two decades, without enforcement, then yes, he was before

Finally we get to make a hire without system board or state board review and approval, and then crickets, go figure.

Thread Information