Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB OT Final : Louisiana 76, SMU 72

Default Re: MBB Final : Louisiana 76, SMU 72

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Nice to get paid to go to a place and walk away with a hard earned victory. By the way the reason Thomas played so much was because Fulks was having a hard time handling the quickness of the Mustang guards when he was on defense. He also was off on his shot tonight. Yes, Thomas struggled with his ball handling but he had 6 assists and a key basket late. Let's hope Terrance Lewis is OK. If he is out for awhile it will hurt us.
    Lewis actually came back in late I’m pretty sure.

This is a fun team to watch. PG is a concern but #2 played solid down the stretch. Fulks was off tonight after looking good against Ruston.

Winning on the road is tough. Props to this team for getting it done. I have not followed basketball much the last couple of years but have really enjoyed watching our team this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    He didn’t

Was it him or Williams with what looked like a butterfly bandage on his eyebrow?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Was it him or Williams with what looked like a butterfly bandage on his eyebrow?
    Williams

6. Default Re: MBB Final : Louisiana 76, SMU 72

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Williams. Didn’t bother his shooting though

7. UL Basketball Re: MBB Final : Louisiana 76, SMU 72

With great opportunities comes ever greater expectations. I fully recall the attitude of Lafayette, and USL students in the Shipley/Bo Lamar era, bring’um on. We got the hosses to beat y’all.

8. Default Re: MBB Final : Louisiana 76, SMU 72

5 and EAUX!!!!!!!!!

Didn't see him. Joe Charles played for him

Default Re: MBB : Louisiana vs SMU,

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Our pg's do way to much dribbling
    Thomas does. It's got to be fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Stats say fulks played 11 minutes. I don’t think it was that many. Maybe big fish tried to rest the starters a lot in the first half to wear smu out in the second.
    Fulks was not that effective. Didn't hit any outside shots when they doubled off him and he made poor decisions. I want to see Dalcourt in his replacement versus Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Nice to get paid to go to a place and walk away with a hard earned victory. By the way the reason Thomas played so much was because Fulks was having a hard time handling the quickness of the Mustang guards when he was on defense. He also was off on his shot tonight. Yes, Thomas struggled with his ball handling but he had 6 assists and a key basket late. Let's hope Terrance Lewis is OK. If he is out for awhile it will hurt us.
    I agree. Fulks struggled tonight. Couldn't hit anything and he was not guarding as well as he has in the past. MT has his flaws. He dribbles too much which I've mentioned many times on these threads but he found a way to help us down the stretch. This may have been a grow up game. Lewis and Fulks out of the rotation and we had to rely on Thomas, Dalcourt ( who should be playing more) and Charles. Could have been a blessing in disguise

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Fulks was not that effective. Didn't hit any outside shots when they doubled off him and he made poor decisions. I want to see Dalcourt in his replacement versus Thomas.
    +

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    To add to that if JB makes his free throws in regulation we don’t need overtime to win. Regardless he played a hell of a game. I saw the replay of Lewis’ injury. I’m not gonna say what I think it looks like. Here’s to hoping for the best.
    Looked knee to knee to me. Looks just like a bruise. He was walking fine on it late in the game on the bench. I think Charles was more effective in this game anyhow which may have led to him staying in.

This game was defined by the little things. I remember saying to myself during the middle of the game that it seemed like we were getting to all the 50/50 balls and making good defensive plays as well as rebounding. We did not shoot the ball particularly well nor did we shoot free throws well but it was the small things that mattered.

We had 16 offensive rebounds. That's UNC level stuff. We kept so many plays alive with those boards that led to second chance points. We also had 9 steals and 8 blocks. I thought our perimeter guys were particularly effective defensively led by Williams.

Yes, Thomas is a work in progress and he's maddening to watch but he also led us in assists and played well defensively. He also played 26 minutes to Fulks' 21 so coach saw more effectiveness in his play than Fulks which I wouldn't argue although he dribbles WAY too much.

This was that type of game I discussed. We got a lot more production and minutes out of our bench than we had before with Lewis and Fulks being sidelined as well as Garnett who all played over 30 minutes in the La Tech game. We had to have production and minutes from the bench and we got it. That's a grow up game and it may do more for Charles, Thomas and Dalcourt than we know.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information