Thread: Ragin' Cajuns Football Commitment

UL Football Ragin' Cajuns Football Commitment

Commitments, Letters of Intent. We're entering an important time of year in college football. If you read posts on Ragin Pagin you can easily see that we have a number of individuals who are committed to Ragin Cajun football. They've signed their letter of intent and continue to do so year after year. Their commitment and intent is real and these individuals want to be part of making Ragin Cajun Football the best. Unfortunately, our commitment and intent isn't enough.

I say this because the commitment and intent starts at the top.

• What is the vision, commitment, and intent of Martin Hall when it comes to Ragin' Cajuns Football?
    • Has Martin Hall signed their Letter of Intent to Ragin' Cajuns Football? Do they do it annually?
    • Is Martin Hall committed to making Ragin Cajuns Football the best?
    • What communication and action would you need to see that the commitment and intent of Martin Hall is real?

It's time to ask the tough questions. It's time to be decisive.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Football Commitment

Thanks for pointing this out to me on twitter. Nick D, Gerry or MAT would better be served to respond to this. I don't have the answers to this or can even speculate. Nothing that Martin Hall does anymore surprises me.

So, I ask all of you the following:

What is the vision, commitment, and intent of Martin Hall when it comes to Ragin' Cajuns Football?

Has Martin Hall signed their Letter of Intent to Ragin' Cajuns Football? Do they do it annually?

Is Martin Hall committed to making Ragin Cajuns Football the best?

What communication and action would you need to see that the commitment and intent of Martin Hall is real?

These are excellent questions and with transparency we would know the answers.

5. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Football Commitment

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    I love this university, but transparency has never been one of its strong points. Perhaps it’s because of the things that we all know about how this state is run. T Joe has in fact learned how to get the most without a great deal of political clout.

Why would T-Joe not answer these questions?

This is what concerns me most. Without transparency, how do we know we're all holding on to the same rope?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    This is what concerns me most. Without transparency, how do we know we're all holding on to the same rope?
    Hud had everyone holding the same rope.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    I agree. I am happy to continue to donate to the RCAF & the Quarterback Club, but only if the administration is all in. Otherwise, it feels wasted. I am also happy to donate to CF stadium renovations when they ask, but that hasn’t happened yet.

I agree. I am happy to continue to donate to the RCAF & the Quarterback Club, but only if the administration is all in. Otherwise, it feels wasted. I am also happy to donate to CF stadium renovations when they ask, but that hasn’t happened yet.
    Which begs the question, why isn’t the RCAF independent?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Ding dong, hello! 100% needs to happen.

12. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Football Commitment

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    If RCAF were independent it would be much harder to redirect donations towards academics.

13. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Football Commitment

Have you got a shred of evidence that RCAF funds were not strictly for sports at UL. Having said that I’m 100% for independence and transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Have you got a shred of evidence that RCAF funds were not strictly for sports at UL. Having said that I’m 100% for independence and transparency.
    This is an excellent point. I would be for independence also but is the complaining relevant? To me, this is really only relevant if donated funds for athletics are redirected.

I don't know, that is why I post this.

15. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Football Commitment

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Nope. Every penny donated to RCAF goes to athletics .

I'm saying when a donor strolls by, the donor is steered towards academics.

For instance, if I say generically ' I want to make a $1mil donation to Athletics. It will be suggested that the money go to the "Annual Fund Athletic Scholarship Endowment"

Instead of Athletics having a million to work with that season or the next, a 4% return will generate $40G and in reality goes to academics, where it virtually costs next to nothing to put an athlete in the empty chair of a classroom.

When the same group is accepting donations for both entities one will inevitably hijack the other.

jmo

Thread Information