Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread: Lafayette Performing Arts Center - Battle

Default Re: Lafayette Performing Arts Center - Battle

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I’m more worried about the city of Lafayette disproportionally plugging holes in the parish budget without the help of growing cities on the outskirts than the city of Laffy hypothetically being on the hook for Moncus Park maintenance decades down the road.
    Let the parish go bankrupt. Should have 30 years ago. It’s the only way the parish gets fixed. Voters won’t, small towns won’t.

City of Lafayette isn’t responsible for the parish no more than the other towns.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    That's all well and good.... for now it's an asset but in the future I see a detriment. We can't take care of the parks we have now. If the model collapses then the park is closed and becomes an attractive Nuisance or the city takes it over. I feel that the city taking it over was the plan from the beginning.
    The reason I believe that the parks aren’t maintained is be because only city of Lafayette property owners pay for that tax. But yet everyone gets to enjoys them. Including the golf courses.

3. Default Re: Lafayette Performing Arts Center - Battle

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    The reason I believe that the parks aren’t maintained is be because only city of Lafayette property owners pay for that tax. But yet everyone gets to enjoys them. Including the golf courses.
    If true, it resembles cutting off ones nose, to spite their face.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If true, it resembles cutting off ones nose, to spite their face.
    Some of the parish/city battles concerning parks

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...ng/5580584002/

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Some of the parish/city battles concerning parks

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...ng/5580584002/
    "The parish only contributes a minuscule 1% of the $3.6 million budget, so separating the city money would essentially shut the parish council out of any decisions".

And people wonder why many City of Lafayette voters wants an automous leader. This kind of mess. Spending city money on non CoL functions...just like the spoil banks in St. Martin parish were done with one or both Lafayette based funds, regardless of source...local, state or federal.

This is why I posted let the parish go bankrupt. If the City of Lafayette quit propping them up, it's over for the parish.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread Information