Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Lafayette Performing Arts Center - Battle

1. Default Re: Lafayette Performing Arts Center - Battle

But the monorail . . . when will the monorail be started . . ?

Default Re: Lafayette Performing Arts Center - Battle

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Not if you listen to the talking heads. Downtown needs more housing, businesses, etc. and it can be the best Downtown ever. Just ignore the gunshots after dark.
    It’s fracking absurd.

However, unfortunately, we also have some folks who are HUGE supporters and promoters of the university and our athletic programs who are fighting to have the new center downtown.

It’s frustrating, but this seems like something that has to be diplomatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Those contributions ended up in a lifetime achievement award last weekend.
    Oh s•••!!!! I’ll PM you

4. Default Re: Lafayette Performing Arts Center - Battle

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    It’s fracking absurd.

However, unfortunately, we also have some folks who are HUGE supporters and promoters of the university and our athletic programs who are fighting to have the new center downtown.

It’s frustrating, but this seems like something that has to be diplomatic.
    I don't know how diplomatic it needs to be, considering a feasibility study was completed by LEDA and this was the winning location. Building at the proposed location at Congress and Cajundome Blvd. opens the door for further development which can benefit UL.

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    Is this the same area where football fans presently park because we can’t afford inside the park parking. If so, here’s another way the University doesn’t care about the non-big donor fans. Where are we to park for football if this is the sight, behind the Hilton Gardens????
    This University has forgotten about the blue collar fans.
    Inside the gates of Cajun Field

Supposedly a tax proposal was needed for the actual building. Didn't get placed on the ballot this year for reasons not known.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    UMC was a f up before it opened. At the time we knew the dean of the LSU med school. Design flaws, such as, didn’t make the doorways wide enough to spin a gurney into ER rooms.

I see LSUE makes darn sure they got the signage out at Ambassador and Congress. I except that will be the line of attack if UL makes a move for a med school. The sad fact NOLA is turning into another Chicago, and Shreveport isn’t the answer, a med school has to go somewhere.
    LSU Medical remains involved in background with the local UHC. There's no more LGMC boys, its just Ochsner. Speaking of land scarcity, why not place a relocated performing arts center where Blackham is located or reinvent Blackham inside and out to serve the purpose? Sure its a University owned building but so is the Cajundome with City involvement. Just ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    LSU Medical remains involved in background with the local UHC. There's no more LGMC boys, its just Ochsner. Speaking of land scarcity, why not place a relocated performing arts center where Blackham is located or reinvent Blackham inside and out to serve the purpose? Sure its a University owned building but so is the Cajundome with City involvement. Just ideas.
    ALLEGEDLY the deal is done. LSU gets classrooms at a major BR hospital for teaching, send to UMC for internships.

If true, thanks Acadian delegation.

If Martin Hall gives up land for intern housing, I’m done.

9. Default Re: Lafayette Performing Arts Center - Battle

ALLEGEDLY the deal is done. LSU gets classrooms at a major BR hospital for teaching, send to UMC for internships.

This seems more likely than UL getting a medical school.

After I personally observed by chance the parties gathering for the meeting when UL was considering being a landlord medical school and LSU reps where there, that’s all one needs to know. Huey would be so proud.

11. Default Re: Lafayette Performing Arts Center - Battle

Zombie LoTech had delusions about swiping LSU medical school in Shreveport and becoming the flagship of N Louisiana, meanwhile we’re becoming a landlord for a new LSU medical school on UL property. Looks like we’re moving towards Brokeback status. Let’s change the school colors.

I'm not sure you got this story right.

Interns make enough to afford housing....71 was making 65k a year as an intern with benefits...most hospitals he visited were all in that 60 to 65k a year range...

I think Duckster has a great idea of using Blackham for the arts center

Bump

Seems like there's mixed opinions on Twitter on where the Heymann Center should be

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information