Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: UAB football game next year

Default Re: UAB football game next year

the 2017 calendar can be used for 2023

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    That was actually a Baldwin team that won 34-0.
    Was that the monsoon game?

3. Default Re: UAB football game next year

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Was that the monsoon game?
    I remember the monsoon game. I thought that was going to be the start of something great.

I remember the monsoon game. I thought that was going to be the start of something great.
    It was. It culminated last year.

That was actually a Baldwin team that won 34-0.
    No it was not. It was Coach Bustle's first victory as the Cajun head man. Occurred in 2002. I remember it very well as Jon Van Cleave had a nice game and I had just moved back to the Lafayette area at the time.

When we went to UAB in 2020, it was a payday game of around 250 grand. Payments were less due to the pandemic. Coach Napier agreed to it due to it being televised on the CBS Sports Network. They also wanted to go to Birmingham as that was where the late Coach Looney was from. The home and home with us going there first had been agreed to prior to Covid impacting things in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    No it was not. It was Coach Bustle's first victory as the Cajun head man. Occurred in 2002. I remember it very well as Jon Van Cleave had a nice game and I had just moved back to the Lafayette area at the time.

When we went to UAB in 2020, it was a payday game of around 250 grand. Payments were less due to the pandemic. Coach Napier agreed to it due to it being televised on the CBS Sports Network. They also wanted to go to Birmingham as that was where the late Coach Looney was from. The home and home with us going there first had been agreed to prior to Covid impacting things in 2020.
    Thanks for the info

Fred Stamps!!

8. Default Re: UAB football game next year

Am I misremembering a victory at UAB just a year or so back? Isn’t it their turn to visit UL?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post

It was explained here

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Am I misremembering a victory at UAB just a year or so back? Isn’t it their turn to visit UL?
    That was a last minute decision to play up there due to Covid cancellations. Napier wanted to play in Birmingham for Looney. It was a one off.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    That was a last minute decision to play up there due to Covid cancellations. Napier wanted to play in Birmingham for Looney. It was a one off.
    We kicked azz big-time in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    We kicked azz big-time in that game.
    We needed a Chris Smith KO return TD and a 80 yard Rhys Byrns punt to win it at the end. It was a great game, but I don't recall it as a butt whipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    We needed a Chris Smith KO return TD and a 80 yard Rhys Byrns punt to win it at the end. It was a great game, but I don't recall it as a butt whipping.
    For me, anytime UL wins, it's an azz kicking...but that's just me...didnt that game end a UAB home winning streak?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    For me, anytime UL wins, it's an azz kicking...but that's just me...didnt that game end a UAB home winning streak?
    LOL, I understand. It did end their home winning streak of about 5 years, iirc.

Thats what happens when you beat saban, he gets the govt to,shut ya down

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information