Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup

Default Re: World Cup

Missed opportunities and a few lapses on defense, game over. Good run, looking forward to ‘26.

Netherlands as a team first touch put the young US to shame.

‘26 we host, but when it comes to CONCAF, need to run thru that like a team on a mission. Otherwise, the same results can be expected.

Second game Argentina up 1-0 on Australia at half. Messi with a nutmeg goal.

First shootout I’ve seen in knockout round. Croatia v Japan. Croatia keeper stones shooters 1, 2 and 4. Japan stopped only Croatia’s 3. Croatia wins 1-1 (3-1). Better team won, Croatia better physical shape down the stretch. Great keeper play both sides, every kick in shootout on goal.

Other knockout match today Brazil up 3-0 in 29th minute on Korea, showing why many pick them to win it all. Brazil and France have shown to possess the best first touches in the tournament. They would not meet until the finals.

4-0 32nd minute.

Morocco 0 (3) defeats Spain 0 (0) via PKs, in what could be considered an upset by some. Went 4 rounds, the Morocco miss and all three Spanish misses were blocked. Great goalkeeping so far in the knockout matches.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Morocco 0 (3) defeats Spain 0 (0) via PKs, in what could be considered an upset by some. Went 4 rounds, the Morocco miss and all three Spanish misses were blocked. Great goalkeeping so far in the knockout matches.
    US Defense need to go to Morocco to train. They played a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    US Defense need to go to Morocco to train. They played a great game.
    The mental game of PKs…every team knows the shooters’ tendencies. Keeper from Morocco seemed to be hedging that way during the approach and going the other way on the shooter’s set step, never leaving the line. An excellent defensive match, still thinking France/Brazil.

Portugal shows the benching of Ronaldo isn’t an issue. Presently up 5-1 on the Swiss.

Think he’ll only see the pitch as a sub, if that, the rest of the way. They’re a better unit w/o him.

Ronaldo showed himself as a “me” guy to the world taking credit for a goal in the bracket play that he never touched the ball. Sure that went over well with his teammates.

Croatia plays the first 110+stoppage for a nil tie and try to get to a PK shootout. Neymar Jr beats the keeper and roofs the goal 1-0 Brazil in the last minute of stoppage time in the first half of extended time. Now in second half of extended time. Croatia answers at 117th minute. PKs here we go.

Croatia wins 3-1 in four rounds. Brazil pings the post in fourth round to end match. Croatia one win from returning to finals.

Messi being the player maker today, WC record 5th assist in the knockout rounds with a perfect pass to Molina in traffic for 1-0 lead. He’s pretty much controlling the midfield forward.

So they dont trade jerseys with other team anymore?

I always in theory liked the tradition, but also knew there would be times when i would prefer to keep my own jersey, so kind of on the fence.

Now i started to wonder might they have changed at half time? and gave away the second jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    So they dont trade jerseys with other team anymore?

I always in theory liked the tradition, but also knew there would be times when i would prefer to keep my own jersey, so kind of on the fence.

Now i started to wonder might they have changed at half time? and gave away the second jersey?
    Have not seen any exchanges this year. Covid protocols? I know, makes no sense.

A. Should the player fouled take the penalty kick, or leave as is and let anyone take it.
    B. Should penalty kick goals count same in goal scoring leaderboard? (seems if player a. had five goals and no penalty kick goals, and the other guy had 3 each, i would rather a. win the title).

ive never heard the whistle blown so much, seems ref lost control

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information