Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: World Cup

Default Re: World Cup

Seems like the argentina goalie psyched out two of the french pk takers, why didnt french goalie try the same?

Andres Cantor call of World Cup winning goal for Argentina. He was born in Argentina.

https://twitter.com/vvsLuffy

This is the 1st time that I really got into the World Cup. In the past, I watched off and on. More off than on. I can say that this entire tournament was very entertaining.

Only could add to the fun in 4 years if US can get into and past the 1st game of the knock out rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    This is the 1st time that I really got into the World Cup. In the past, I watched off and on. More off than on. I can say that this entire tournament was very entertaining.

Only could add to the fun in 4 years if US can get into and past the 1st game of the knock out rounds.
    Can't wait. Wife and I are taking off 6 weeks to travel North America, watch soccer, and drink beer with soccer fans from around the world.

5. Default Re: World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Can't wait. Wife and I are taking off 6 months to travel North America, watch soccer, and drink beer with soccer fans from around the world.
    Only with soccer fans?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Only with soccer fans?
    Yes

Can't wait. Wife and I are taking off 6 months to travel North America, watch soccer, and drink beer with soccer fans from around the world.
    Sounds like an amazing time.

My only international exposer to soccer was when I was traveling for work overseas quite a bit. I happened to be in Aberdeen, Scotland for a World Cup qualifying game. I got to go to a local pub with co-workers to watch. The atmosphere for a qualifying game was equal to a Super Bowl here. It was unreal! Again, for a qualifying game. I can only imagine the atmosphere for a World Cup game.

8. Default Re: World Cup

I'm still amazed that only Europe and South America have ever won a World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It's the world's version of American basketball. All you need is a ball, can makeshift goal posts if needed.

US will change that in 4 years.

well they have more teams and more qualifying slots

12. Default Re: World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    well they have more teams and more qualifying slots
    "More" (than anyone else) would be easier to understand.

It's "only" that surprised me.

USSA seems to be starting over every 8 years. France on the other hand is still a young team. Brazil reloads. USA got 14M for simply breaking bracket.

14. Default Re: World Cup

Yes
    May all those soccer moms wooo you and your Mrs. have a great time . . .

Can't wait. Wife and I are taking off 6 weeks to travel North America, watch soccer, and drink beer with soccer fans from around the world.
    Same here

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information