Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup

Default Re: World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    If you're FIFA, are you more worried about pushing your brand and product in the U.S. which is the biggest market in the world or in Morocco or Ghana? Of course they're going to try to make it more viewable to their biggest audiences.
    FIFA got plenty of self inflicted problems this WC. USSF isn’t the only organization pushing wokeness in a country FIFA went to bed with financially that would deliver severe penalties for the expression of such wokeness. Heck, no beer at a soccer game?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I was looking at it from the position you closed with, offensive position. Sorry I didn’t explain further.

in other words they admit selling out to the media…. glad someone finally admitted it, cause a whole lot of others probably have as well

Television contract dictates times. American television pays top dollar and pays for the right to pick time slots. Last WC, I didn’t see a match, was working a few hours difference in time zone. Wall to wall coverage is an American thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    If you're FIFA, are you more worried about pushing your brand and product in the U.S. which is the biggest market in the world or in Morocco or Ghana? Of course they're going to try to make it more viewable to their biggest audiences.
    not mutually exclusive, what is best time for us, is not best time for them, so maybebthey like their times too…. but weird thing was all same time for u.s.

I’m not a soccer dude. Can someone explain the difference between a yellow card and red card, beside the color?

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I’m not a soccer dude. Can someone explain the difference between a yellow card and red card, beside the color?
    Severity of the penalty.

If you get a yellow, you can still play. It's a caution. But if you get a second one in the same game then it converts to a red. If you get a yellow in two consecutive games, then you have to sit out the next game.

Red cards for more serious conduct. They result in an immediate dismissal from the game, and the team cannot substitute for that player and must play shorthanded the rest of the game. Also it means that you miss the next game.

Oh, and SUCK IT E-RAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    not mutually exclusive, what is best time for us, is not best time for them, so maybebthey like their times too…. but weird thing was all same time for u.s.
    I just explained that its not really weird. They catered to the largest market in the world for a reason.

Man, Iran ain’t playing the woke game. That kind of threat, wonder what happens if the USA wins.

https://news.yahoo.com/iran-threaten...131028591.html

8. Default Re: World Cup

USA scores 1 0

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    USA scores 1 0
    Been in the yard working. Just saw! GGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL!

We need that second goal and pack it back.

72 minutes still up 1.

Where’s the complaints about cultural appropriations? Seems every game has fans wearing their colors wrapped up like middle eastern head garb.

80th minute…

85th minute…

9 minutes of stoppage on a half with no scoring. WTF…

95 minutes…

Almost 100 minutes. USA! USA! USA!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information