Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup

Default Re: World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    wow, didnt seem like it was reviewed.not much time spent… then why on some reviews the ref goes to the monitor and others its the booth?
    It didn’t take long because video showed Ronaldo had position when fouled, and the foul resulted in denying a scoring opportunity. The “experts” on Telemundo and Fox all agreed with the call.

Anyone see the late red on Wale’s GK? Iran gets TWO stoppage time goals? My goodness, going hunt for that.

Found it on YouTube. Won’t let me copy address.

3. Default Re: World Cup

I’m just going hunting, period. Another great limit duck hunt with my two boys this morning.

Had our chances nil draw v England. Must beat Iran or head home.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Had our chances nil draw v England. Must beat Iran or head home.
    nuke deal on the line

so just to clarify, the VAR does a preliminary review and then tells field ref to review?

or does the var make the decision sometimes?

I have for a long time had a similar question about nfl reviews, but never seemed good time to ask, so here goes….

on a ref crew you have various position, so why does the head ref (i.e. the white hat) review all the reviewable plays himself. seems he is not an expert at all the various positions, on occasion it seems it would be more appropriate for the pertinent position official to review it.

Is black a national color? asking on behalf of canada

so just to clarify, the VAR does a preliminary review and then tells field ref to review?

or does the var make the decision sometimes?
    Found this, does a good job explaining situations.

https://soccernoise.com/who-makes-the-var-decision/

This should make the US/Iran game interesting. Thanks USA soccer…not.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/world...pport-protests

Am I the only one noticed that USA is only team that had the same time for all three group stage matches? Thats seems odd. Especially considering the groups are allegedly blind draw and schedule set before teams assigned to group.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Fouls in the box are booked yellow or straight red, depending on circumstances. A take down from behind in a breakaway in the box with only the keeper to beat will usually be straight red. Trips, shoves, handling the ball all in the box tend to be yellow unless the offender is already booked with a yellow, where they receive a yellow/red ejection. Infractions in the box tend to stop scoring opportunities while a midfield foul tends to be a warning unless multiple warnings have been given a player, or a player comes in cleats up or such. Outside the box is usually possession movement of the ball.
    Zoom, are you saying that most if not all fouls in the box result in a card? Because if so that just isn't true. There are many fouls, particularly hand balls and basic fouls that are not carded even though they result in a penalty. Most cards are handed out when the offensive player has a direct path to score and he is taken down but most penalties are the result of common fouls in the box.

13. Default Re: World Cup

Am I the only one noticed that USA is only team that had the same time for all three group stage matches? Thats seems odd. Especially considering the groups are allegedly blind draw and schedule set before teams assigned to group.
    Conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Zoom, are you saying that most if not all fouls in the box result in a card? Because if so that just isn't true. There are many fouls, particularly hand balls and basic fouls that are not carded even though they result in a penalty. Most cards are handed out when the offensive player has a direct path to score and he is taken down but most penalties are the result of common fouls in the box.
    I was looking at it from the position you closed with, offensive position. Sorry I didn’t explain further.

Television contract dictates times. American television pays top dollar and pays for the right to pick time slots. Last WC, I didn’t see a match, was working a few hours difference in time zone. Wall to wall coverage is an American thing.

If you're FIFA, are you more worried about pushing your brand and product in the U.S. which is the biggest market in the world or in Morocco or Ghana? Of course they're going to try to make it more viewable to their biggest audiences.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information