Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup

1. Default Re: World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I was saying this the entire game. (watched recorded replay)

Morocco is a great story but France v Argentina as a chance to be the most entertaining final we've seen in our WC lifetimes.

Watching Messi dominate that game yesterday, the way he did, at his age, was just... magic.
    Magic would have been seeing Ms Croatia’s clothes disappear . . .

Default Re: World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    they seems to have relaxed the rules, or qatar wasnt as strict as others to begin with…. I have seen “gringo” fans of european teams wearing mock head coverings in team colors.
    Tourists can “get away” with certain things in “zones” set up for the WC. It’s how much FIFA/Qatar will tolerate for a dollar. I doubt the WC will go to another Qatar like country. Budweiser is taking a unforeseen hit not being able to sell beer as they thought they’d originally negotiated. Ironic to see their logo on the sideline video board.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Nobody can tell me Argentina didn't throw that first match against Saudi Arabia. Nobody. People must have made millions on that one.
    I’m watching Morocco and Spain just to see if there’s any magic in the whistle. A Moroccan win changes the crowd dynamics for a final, a major draw politically in Qatar.

Same theory you have about the Saudi win, but with whistles. Can’t picture France throwing the match.

Sorry Vic, she’s staying dressed.

France wins 2-0. Kinda sloppy at times. Won’t miss the whistling.

There was one jersey swap.

Croatia and Morocco play third place game, don’t know if Miss Croatia deal in play.

Well Vic, she’ll be there for the third place game…

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/690996...cup-argentina/

Qatar leaders not so happy…

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...qatar-28645893

Meh…

what the heck are these fans in qatar doing with multiple “off days” between matches, lol

quite the dillemma in trying to get world cup,tix, do you go for group stage and get to,see actual guaranteed matches, or try for knockout not knowing which match will have which teams and when it is in bigger countries how far away each will be, different hotels, transportation? etc…etc

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Magic would have been seeing Ms Croatia’s clothes disappear . . .
    We were all Croatia fans for a while. Never been so broken up over a loss.....

If your attending a WC tournament and you team makes it to the finals, you’d be there almost a month. Put that in perspective who is attending.

i cant imagine big rich USA stars like LeBron James playing for third place, or sitting on the sideline wearing those lame grade school P.E. class penny jerseys…

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    i cant imagine big rich USA stars like LeBron James playing for third place, or sitting on the sideline wearing those lame grade school P.E. class penny jerseys…
    Agreed.

To your point, USA basketball and Olympics. There’s a big drop off from the dream team when professionals were first allowed to what the USA puts on the court today. Egos abound, no national pride.

Missed Croatia’s 2-1 win over Morocco. Recorded, just fast forwarded it to see the scoring.

Sorry Vic, can’t tell you if she was there.

Overlooked trivia: Morocco and Croatia were in the same group. Maybe Canada wasnt as bad as we first thought.

GGGOOOOAAAALLLLLL!!!!! Messi with a PK. 1-0 Argentina into 27th minute.

Wow, that 2nd goal was a thing of beauty

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Wow, that 2nd goal was a thing of beauty
    Di Maria finishes off a textbook 1 touch pass clinic ( 5 one touches, Messi with a two touch receive and pass move). That’s about as good as it gets. Telemundo went nuts, a five “GOALLLLL” scream fest.

France uses 2 of their substitutions in the first half. Had to, there’s no tomorrow.

HT 2-0 Argentina, winning with aggression, possession, and touch. France is staggered, the two subs came in to create physicality. I’m not a believer of “wanting it more” at this level, Argentina just had a better game plan the first 45 minutes.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information