Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I guess none of the coaches who recruited him watch more than a game though right? Napier who never let Levi run and has Florida fans complaining that they never run AR, recruited a QB on scholarship who can only run? Makes sense
    No need to go back and forth. You know sometimes coaches take a chance on "project" kids. I guess you missed the part where I said IMO he will never get any meaningful snaps at QB.......IMO which doesn't count! If he is ever under center then he will have my support. Geaux Cajuns.

2. Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    So our former head coach who played QB in college and our current head coach who played QB in college ...
    Your 2 former QB argument is very compelling.

3. Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    No need to go back and forth. You know sometimes coaches take a chance on "project" kids. I guess you missed the part where I said IMO he will never get any meaningful snaps at QB.......IMO which doesn't count! If he is ever under center then he will have my support. Geaux Cajuns.
    Isn’t everyone’s post their opinion?

Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    I don’t think anyone ever suggested CF is of the talent level of Herring and Chriss. If they did they are poor evaluator of talent.

I merely suggested Munoz because he is the best currently on staff for that position. For CMD to go out and hire a OC with proven OC experience he would have to find someone willing to come here and work for him that has a better resume than his boss does. That probably won’t happen.
    I've seen plenty of instances outside of football where someone comes into a position with a better resume than their boss and it works just fine. This usually only works long term where the boss has the mindset that he doesn't have to be the smartest person and lets his direct reports do their job.

Should be title "5 Burning Questions no one reporter in the Lafayette media WILL ASK..."

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    You are probably right mainly because if I were a betting man I say he hits the portal. I have no inside info on that just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    I've seen plenty of instances outside of football where someone comes into a position with a better resume than their boss and it works just fine. This usually only works long term where the boss has the mindset that he doesn't have to be the smartest person and lets his direct reports do their job.
    You may be right. However I don't think CMD is giving up play calling duties or demoting Leger anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    You may be right. However I don't think CMD is giving up play calling duties or demoting Leger anytime soon.
    I don't know the coaches that well but what's the story on Leger?

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    I don't know the coaches that well but what's the story on Leger?
    WR coach with the title of OC but Des calls all the plays on O.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    You are probably right mainly because if I were a betting man I say he hits the portal. I have no inside info on that just a guess.
    I am all about facts and zero about speculations. Usually I am right on these kind of things. My gut says the kid will not see meaningful action at QB, but I would like to see him moved to TE.

When was the last time one of our coaches developed and played a quarterback he recruited (not a transfer) and had success. I thinking Gauthier was the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    When was the last time one of our coaches developed and played a quarterback he recruited (not a transfer) and had success. I thinking Gauthier was the last one.
    Gautier was a bustle recruit.

13. Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

Killjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    What do you call success?

How about a non-losing year? Well, you have got to go back to Bustle. He did it with 3 QB's...

2009 - 6 wins, Chris Masson
    2008 - 6 wins, CMD
    2006 - 6 wins, Jerry Babb
    2005 - 6 wins, Jerry Babb

Before that, you gotta go to Jake Delhomme.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread Information