Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 74

Thread: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

  1. #46
    KajunKrazy is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I was addressing his previous statement that Chriss and Herring are the two most talented QB's on the roster. Everybody coming out of HS has talent and we tend to overanalyze. However, without seeing Herring play a down in college, I'm not sure how you claim he's more talented than either CF or BW. In fact, I saw Herring play twice his senior year and he was a very raw thrower. He could run well and was hard to bring down but being a pure college QB is more than that. Maybe Billy liked what he thought he could work with in the long haul but saying that Herring is more talented than older QB's on the roster right now is a stretch to say the least.
    Don't believe me ask anyone who is at practice everyday that will be honest and won't give you coaches speak. I hear it all the time coming from with in as to who are the most talented in that bunch.

  2. #47

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I was addressing his previous statement that Chriss and Herring are the two most talented QB's on the roster. Everybody coming out of HS has talent and we tend to overanalyze. However, without seeing Herring play a down in college, I'm not sure how you claim he's more talented than either CF or BW. In fact, I saw Herring play twice his senior year and he was a very raw thrower. He could run well and was hard to bring down but being a pure college QB is more than that. Maybe Billy liked what he thought he could work with in the long haul but saying that Herring is more talented than older QB's on the roster right now is a stretch to say the least.
    I saw Hunter also in high school and he was a runner only. The guy couldn't throw anything with accuracy.

  3. #48

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Guess Hunter has no arm talent? Wonder why he had offers to pitch in college?


  4. #49

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Guess Hunter has no arm talent? Wonder why he had offers to pitch in college?
    Pitching ain’t throwing a football. But you know that.

  5. #50

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I can tell you this about Herring. Of all the QBs on the roster last year Herring was the one that Billy was most excited about for the future here. He said as much to someone I know very well in a one on one private conversation. That was last year when there was no Zeon Chriss here. So maybe Billy is poor judge of talent? I don't know?

    But you are probably right he may never play here because I would not be surprised to see him in the portal.
    Lots of HS qbs have to work on their throwing mechanics to improve velocity and accuracy. HH is a 6'5 running threat with what must be a strong enough arm to receive offers to pitch in college. I can see why CBN had high hopes for him. When I asked why we had so many qbs on the roster before the 2021 season, he said portal and NIL will change everything. He was also very high on Cam Waites, who followed him to Florida.

    I hope we can keep him long enough to see his potential, whatever that may be. Also, I was told ZC is the most talented but HH will be in the mix. His injury set his development back this year.

  6. #51

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Guess Hunter has no arm talent? Wonder why he had offers to pitch in college?
    No arm accuracy from what I saw. I was told he had offers as a outfielder not as a pitcher.

  7. #52

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    No arm accuracy from what I saw. I was told he had offers as a outfielder not as a pitcher.
    You can develop arm talent to a point, but hard to get taller.

  8. #53

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Pitching ainít throwing a football. But you know that.
    Right, you can throw a baseball in a variety of ways and be effective and successful. Not so with the pigskin. Release point is a key factor, the higher that is the better. Look at Drew B. release point. He had to release as high as possible to keep his passes from begin batted down. A high release also provides the ability to throw on a line further downfield. I was taught this by a tulane qb coach visting my Dad while in HS.

    CF is short, has a mid release point and is not a run threat. He's a team leader and a student of the game, but his size and physical ability only go so far. I hope he has a great game this week and we pull the w and go bowling.

    Most tall qbs are not runners, but HH is, so I'm hoping he develops as an effective passer. BW was supposed to have some issues with accuracy, but he's looked fine this year and proved to be an effective runner too.

    Hand size is another factor that helps throwing a football vs a baseball. To release a football high, you have to be able to pull it down to spin it. Small hands make that difficult and usually lowers the release. Big men usually have big hands. Just saying.

  9. #54

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Don't believe me ask anyone who is at practice everyday that will be honest and won't give you coaches speak. I hear it all the time coming from with in as to who are the most talented in that bunch.
    Ok. Sure thing

  10. #55

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I saw Hunter also in high school and he was a runner only. The guy couldn't throw anything with accuracy.
    I know but KK has different sources.

  11. #56

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    So our former head coach who played QB in college and our current head coach who played QB in college and all the staff members who have been at P5ís and NFL know less about Hunter being able to play QB in college than 2 guys who watched him play a high school game? Thatís really incredible, odd that you 2 are on a message board and not NFL scouts. Also, KK does have different sources.


  12. #57

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    So our former head coach who played QB in college and our current head coach who played QB in college and all the staff members who have been at P5’s and NFL know less about Hunter being able to play QB in college than 2 guys who watched him play a high school game? That’s really incredible, odd that you 2 are on a message board and not NFL scouts. Also, KK does have different sources.
    RPCA Material for sure...

  13. #58

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    So our former head coach who played QB in college and our current head coach who played QB in college and all the staff members who have been at P5’s and NFL know less about Hunter being able to play QB in college than 2 guys who watched him play a high school game? That’s really incredible, odd that you 2 are on a message board and not NFL scouts. Also, KK does have different sources.
    Of course KK has on site sources. At the end of the day IMO Hunter will never take meaningful snaps at UL at QB. I seen him play more than a game.

  14. #59
    Big Poppa is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I know but KK has different sources.
    I am pretty sure KK has a family member who catches balls at practice and in the games. If KK is who I think he is.

  15. #60

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Of course KK has on site sources. At the end of the day IMO Hunter will never take meaningful snaps at UL at QB. I seen him play more than a game.
    I guess none of the coaches who recruited him watch more than a game though right? Napier who never let Levi run and has Florida fans complaining that they never run AR, recruited a QB on scholarship who can only run? Makes sense

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •