Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Since ‘99, other than 5 years at a private h/s, state retirement system.

I understand the state coaching networking for recruiting. At the same time, when a program keeps bringing in guys from the same good old boy network and expect something different, that’s the failure.
    Excellent post.

Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    There is a big difference in player development coaches and running an entire offense. And neither of those "talented" guys you speak of will be leading this offense right now or possibly next year even. I remember when I was told how talented Fields was too...We have a body of work for which Munoz was tasked with running an entire offense and it failed miserably. You guys can want that again all you want but I'm telling you we're better off in the long run going a different direction.
    I don’t think anyone ever suggested CF is of the talent level of Herring and Chriss. If they did they are poor evaluator of talent.

I merely suggested Munoz because he is the best currently on staff for that position. For CMD to go out and hire a OC with proven OC experience he would have to find someone willing to come here and work for him that has a better resume than his boss does. That probably won’t happen.

Since ‘99, other than 5 years at a private h/s, state retirement system.

I understand the state coaching networking for recruiting. At the same time, when a program keeps bringing in guys from the same good old boy network and expect something different, that’s the failure.
    Tell me how would you have felt if Doc Maggard would have hired Jay Johnson from that “good ole boy network” instead of CMD as his head coach to replace Billy? I for one would have thought that would have been a good hire.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Excellent post.

I don’t understand the point being made in the first line of his post?

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    For CMD to go out and hire a OC with proven OC experience he would have to find someone willing to come here and work for him that has a better resume than his boss does. That probably won’t happen.
    That’s a truth in any job market, unless it’s someone seeking redemption like Broyles and others. This falls not on CMD but Martin Hall. Welcome to meh, it’s what we get when only dollars are looked at and not the ripple effect of hiring on the cheap.

I don’t understand the point being made in the first line of his post?
    Our current OC’s time in retirement system.

Tell me how would you have felt if Doc Maggard would have hired Jay Johnson from that “good ole boy network” instead of CMD as his head coach to replace Billy? I for one would have thought that would have been a good hire.
    Yeah, JJ has gone outside the state into other networks. He’s pretty nomadic, and not part of the stay in Louisiana and retire Network.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_...ootball_coach)

All of this can be considered pure conjecture. The first real measuring stick will be THIS recruiting class. I know stars and such are window dressing, but we need a class that looks like a contender on paper to start.

Since ‘99, other than 5 years at a private h/s, state retirement system. 17 years in, it would take a heck of an offer for him to leave the state.

Who’s offering who what? Who are you talking about leaving the state?

Our current OC’s time in retirement system.

Ha. No one out of state is offering him. Just make him a position coach not labeled OC.

Nm.

I don’t think anyone ever suggested CF is of the talent level of Herring and Chriss. If they did they are poor evaluator of talent.

I merely suggested Munoz because he is the best currently on staff for that position. For CMD to go out and hire a OC with proven OC experience he would have to find someone willing to come here and work for him that has a better resume than his boss does. That probably won’t happen.
    According to your logic, Munoz would fit that description as he's been a coach longer than Des and has been an OC more than Des. I don't think going out and hiring a proven coordinator would be so difficult, especially since we were supposed to retain the coaches salary pool we had with Napier. Again, we've actually got a body of work to go by from Munoz being coordinator and it wasn't pretty. Rip the band aid off and go elsewhere for that.

First off, people were suggesting as late as early last year that Fields was the more talented QB than he and LL and he should have been playing. Second, you can't lump Herring into this conversation..AT ALL. He's likely not going to see the field at QB for the cajuns. He was a run first QB in HS and struggled to really do anything in the pass game. I was actually surprised we offered him.

First off, people were suggesting as late as early last year that Fields was the more talented QB than he and LL and he should have been playing. Second, you can't lump Herring into this conversation..AT ALL. He's likely not going to see the field at QB for the cajuns. He was a run first QB in HS and struggled to really do anything in the pass game. I was actually surprised we offered him.
    I can tell you this about Herring. Of all the QBs on the roster last year Herring was the one that Billy was most excited about for the future here. He said as much to someone I know very well in a one on one private conversation. That was last year when there was no Zeon Chriss here. So maybe Billy is poor judge of talent? I don't know?

But you are probably right he may never play here because I would not be surprised to see him in the portal.

According to your logic, Munoz would fit that description as he's been a coach longer than Des and has been an OC more than Des. I don't think going out and hiring a proven coordinator would be so difficult, especially since we were supposed to retain the coaches salary pool we had with Napier. Again, we've actually got a body of work to go by from Munoz being coordinator and it wasn't pretty. Rip the band aid off and go elsewhere for that.
    Right. And you don’t think Munoz would be here if Des wasn’t his former player that he has an existing relationship do you? If Des was just a dude that Jorge had no previous relationship with I can assure you he wouldn't be working for him.

Right. And you don’t think Munoz would be here if Des wasn’t his former player that he has an existing relationship do you? If Des was just a dude that Jorge had no previous relationship with I can assure you he wouldn't be working for him.
    He may not be working for anybody

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I can tell you this about Herring. Of all the QBs on the roster last year Herring was the one that Billy was most excited about for the future here. He said as much to someone I know very well in a one on one private conversation. That was last year when there was no Zeon Chriss here. So maybe Billy is poor judge of talent? I don't know?

But you are probably right he may never play here because I would not be surprised to see him in the portal.
    I was addressing his previous statement that Chriss and Herring are the two most talented QB's on the roster. Everybody coming out of HS has talent and we tend to overanalyze. However, without seeing Herring play a down in college, I'm not sure how you claim he's more talented than either CF or BW. In fact, I saw Herring play twice his senior year and he was a very raw thrower. He could run well and was hard to bring down but being a pure college QB is more than that. Maybe Billy liked what he thought he could work with in the long haul but saying that Herring is more talented than older QB's on the roster right now is a stretch to say the least.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information