Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 74

Thread: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

  1. #16

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    If I were Mike I would hire a TE coach in the offseason. I would make Munoz OC and QB coach. I would make Jorge a huge part of play calling. Have him in the press box next year with the head sets communicating in game with Des if not completely calling plays.


  2. #17

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    If I were Mike I would hire a TE coach in the offseason. I would make Munoz OC and QB coach. I would make Jorge a huge part of play calling. Have him in the press box next year with the head sets communicating in game with Des if not completely calling plays.
    Absolutely not. Munoz was already our OC and we had one of, if not our worst offensive year in 2016 when he was calling plays. There is a reason he has never been more than an analyst and position coach.

  3. #18

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Absolutely not. Munoz was already our OC and we had one of, if not our worst offensive year in 2016 when he was calling plays. There is a reason he has never been more than an analyst and position coach.
    He was also micromanaged by Hud and had Anthony Jennings to with.

  4. #19

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    He was also micromanaged by Hud and had Anthony Jennings to with.
    Whatever. That can always be applied to any situation if we want it to. Micromanagement. And Anthony Jennings was supposed to be an upgrade of what we had. If he were the OC, he'd have Chandler and or BW to coach. Not sure there would be much difference in overall talent. Bottomline is that our playcalling was horrible and it was by far our worst offensive year in recent memory.

  5. #20

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Absolutely not. Munoz was already our OC and we had one of, if not our worst offensive year in 2016 when he was calling plays. There is a reason he has never been more than an analyst and position coach.
    Go ask any one who has worked with him and the current OC who is the better coach. See what they say. I have had a private conversation with someone who worked with both. He said Jorge knows way more O that the current OC.

  6. #21

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    Go ask any one who has worked with him and the current OC who is the better coach. See what they say. I have had a private conversation with someone who worked with both. He said the current OC is not a very good coach.
    Yikes

  7. #22

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Whatever. That can always be applied to any situation if we want it to. Micromanagement. And Anthony Jennings was supposed to be an upgrade of what we had. If he were the OC, he'd have Chandler and or BW to coach. Not sure there would be much difference in overall talent. Bottomline is that our playcalling was horrible and it was by far our worst offensive year in recent memory.

    The 2 most talented QBs on the current roster are a red shirt freshman, who had a sports hernia surgery during the off season and missed the entire spring and fall camp, and a natural freshman.

    Joe Burrough attributes much of his success at LSU his Heisman year to Jorge. There was a reason Jorge was in NYC with him.

  8. #23

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Whatever. That can always be applied to any situation if we want it to. Micromanagement. And Anthony Jennings was supposed to be an upgrade of what we had. If he were the OC, he'd have Chandler and or BW to coach. Not sure there would be much difference in overall talent. Bottomline is that our playcalling was horrible and it was by far our worst offensive year in recent memory.
    Until this year

  9. #24

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Absolutely not. Munoz was already our OC and we had one of, if not our worst offensive year in 2016 when he was calling plays. There is a reason he has never been more than an analyst and position coach.
    If not Jorge who is the best option for OC on the current staff. Then I would go out and try and find a true OC. To much for a young head coach to do all on his own.

  10. #25

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    Go ask any one who has worked with him and the current OC who is the better coach. See what they say. I have had a private conversation with someone who worked with both. He said Jorge knows way more O that the current OC.
    Well, that's not saying a lot. All I know is we have an actual body of work to go by from him and it was ugly. It sounds like you want to compare the lesser of two evils. That doesn't sound all that great to me.

  11. #26

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    If not Jorge who is the best option for OC on the current staff. Then I would go out and try and find a true OC. To much for a young head coach to do all on his own.
    Nobody. I was referring to your post where you were talking about the offseason. I would go out and look for someone else. Munoz is not the guy and honestly, neither is Leger.

  12. #27

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Until this year
    And Munoz is a big part of that......

  13. #28

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    The 2 most talented QBs on the current roster are a red shirt freshman, who had a sports hernia surgery during the off season and missed the entire spring and fall camp, and a natural freshman.

    Joe Burrough attributes much of his success at LSU his Heisman year to Jorge. There was a reason Jorge was in NYC with him.
    There is a big difference in player development coaches and running an entire offense. And neither of those "talented" guys you speak of will be leading this offense right now or possibly next year even. I remember when I was told how talented Fields was too...We have a body of work for which Munoz was tasked with running an entire offense and it failed miserably. You guys can want that again all you want but I'm telling you we're better off in the long run going a different direction.

  14. #29

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    There is a big difference in player development coaches and running an entire offense. And neither of those "talented" guys you speak of will be leading this offense right now or possibly next year even. I remember when I was told how talented Fields was too...We have a body of work for which Munoz was tasked with running an entire offense and it failed miserably. You guys can want that again all you want but I'm telling you we're better off in the long run going a different direction.
    I have been very critical of CMD's play calling this season, and it was most likely undeserved because the fact is, if only Emani Bailey had stayed, none of us would be having this discussion right now.

  15. #30

    Default Re: 5 burning questions Louisiana football, coach Michael Desormeaux must answer before 2023

    Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    Go ask any one who has worked with him and the current OC who is the better coach. See what they say. I have had a private conversation with someone who worked with both. He said Jorge knows way more O that the current OC.
    Since Ď99, other than 5 years at a private h/s, state retirement system. 17 years in, it would take a heck of an offer for him to leave the state.

    I understand the state coaching networking for recruiting. At the same time, when a program keeps bringing in guys from the same good old boy network and expect something different, thatís the failure.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •