Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: UL Football commit big hit..

Default Re: UL Football commit big hit..

“With the early signing period a month away, the Cajuns are behind Georgia Southern, Southern Miss, Arkansas State, Georgia State, App State and Coastal, according to 247sports Composite rankings.

The reality is Louisiana is located among the most fertile recruiting grounds of any school in the Sun Belt and having the 97th rated overall class is underwhelming.“ per Cory Diaz at The Advertiser

So I go back to my original question, what is going on with UL recruiting? No excuses! We used to have multiple 1 recruiting classes. Now, we are literally back to below sub par.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    If its the second, I'm not that disappointed. I'm bummed for the young man if he struggles academically but wouldn't look forward to a constant struggle to keep him eligible.

Side note...I hope my reference to you didn't come across poorly.

I think we can agree we're usually not voting for the same candidate for political office, but you are one of two or three (maybe four) posters I look forward to and I take your opinions with respect.
    I only let politics get in the way while discussing politics. I never let it get in the way of talking football recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    “With the early signing period a month away, the Cajuns are behind Georgia Southern, Southern Miss, Arkansas State, Georgia State, App State and Coastal, according to 247sports Composite rankings.

The reality is Louisiana is located among the most fertile recruiting grounds of any school in the Sun Belt and having the 97th rated overall class is underwhelming.“ per Cory Diaz at The Advertiser

So I go back to my original question, what is going on with UL recruiting? No excuses! We used to have multiple 1 recruiting classes. Now, we are literally back to below sub par.
    I don't think anyone really knows what's going on with recruiting and certainly not Diaz. Before the recent loss of Fobbs and Blood, the Cajuns had the highest average rating per recruit in the SBC. The rankings as they stand are based upon the number of commitments and how many are currently graded. The average rating tells you the quality of the recruit as they view them.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    Hey thanks man!

Z
    It goes without saying.

I wonder what Austin Shepherd, Louisiana’s Director of Recruiting and Football Logistics, would say about current recruiting and CMD minimal use of the portal. I am sure the goal is to identify talent and character to sustain the cULture.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I only let politics get in the way while discussing politics. I never let it get in the way of talking football recruiting.
    For the record T is one of my favorite posters.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information