Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: UL Football commit big hit..

Default Re: UL Football commit big hit..

Quote Originally Posted by Peek a boo View Post
    Ma!!!!!!!We suck again................
    The good thing about sucking this time is that we have a shot to get our 6th win. I remember when we sucked and would have loved to have 6 wins.

2. Default Re: UL Football commit big hit..

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    The good thing about sucking this time is that we have a shot to get our 6th win. I remember when we sucked and would have loved to have 6 wins.
    Ain't that the truth.

Well, that's part of the fans' new culture. Enough of this praying to make 6-6, those days are gone. We EXPECT no less.

I don't really give a _rap about what the "fans" EXPECT anymore. We go 13-1 and don't get over 20k for our opener, what "fans" do we have.

Oh wait, we have "fans" that think we _rapped the bed because we hired in-house the coach our out going coach (and others) highly recommended.

Oh wait, we have "fans" that think we _rapped the bed because we lost games this year. We lost to Rice because they played better than we did.
    We lost to ULM and shouldn't have; very similar to how we beat USA last year because they missed a chip shot field goal at the end of the game. This year, they didn't miss. We lost to Troy after totally dominating them for 3 quarters. Now that I think about it, we lost to ULM and Troy because of crossing pattern passes that went for touchdowns; an achilles heel for us this year.

I'm not really trying to rant, I am as dissapointed as anyone else that calls themselves Cajun fans. But in this season, IMO, there was really no way to expect anything.

But, here we are, playing for a bowl bid. I'll see you Cajun fans at our bowl game. We will overcome all of these obstacles we have faced this year, just nearly not as quickly as you expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    T said early on this was a huge signing for the Cajuns. And at the top of the 247 list of potential landing spots was Jackson St. That's where I think he ends up.

That said, the young man decommitted from UL. So why not chit-can this thread?
    Then two things are in play in my opinion. And I don't know this to be the case, but since he mentions Jackson St. 1) He wants to play for Sanders and the NIL money is better than the $17K UL can offer. 2) His academic progress is not on tract, meaning possibly with the sliding scale he will probably fall short. Either way, it's disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Then two things are in play in my opinion. And I don't know this to be the case, but since he mentions Jackson St. 1) He wants to play for Sanders and the NIL money is better than the $17K UL can offer. 2) His academic progress is not on tract, meaning possibly with the sliding scale he will probably fall short. Either way, it's disappointing.
    If its the second, I'm not that disappointed. I'm bummed for the young man if he struggles academically but wouldn't look forward to a constant struggle to keep him eligible.

Side note...I hope my reference to you didn't come across poorly.

I think we can agree we're usually not voting for the same candidate for political office, but you are one of two or three (maybe four) posters I look forward to and I take your opinions with respect.

Well if people are being objective they would understand we were severely affected by preseason injuries. With that being said, we blew 3 games.

The defensive staff and the return game have been tremendous this season. The offensive side of the ball…not so much.

8. Default Re: UL Football commit big hit..

. . . but you are one of two or three (maybe four) posters I look forward to and I take your opinions with respect.
    Thanks for including me in the “two or three (maybe four) with T. It is an honor . . .

If its the second, I'm not that disappointed. I'm bummed for the young man if he struggles academically but wouldn't look forward to a constant struggle to keep him eligible.

I think we can agree we're usually not voting for the same candidate for political office, but you are one of two or three (maybe four) posters I look forward to and I take your opinions with respect.
    With the academic assistance provided to todays student athletes here, it’s nearly impossible to not be eligible.

10. Default Re: UL Football commit big hit..

Des is constantly blamed here for not hitting the portal to help with O line, but should he really have considering those upon which we were depending who suffered injury . . .

11. Default Re: UL Football commit big hit..

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Des is constantly blamed here for not hitting the portal to help with O line, but should he really have considering those upon which we were depending who suffered injury . . .
    My worries about enough linemen precede any injuries.

It is obvious you can never have enough linemen, and after losing a few to Florida and such, the low keyed approach was scary.

Thanks for including me in the “two or three (maybe four) with T. It is an honor . . .
    Hot dabbit.

Thought I had put you on "ignore."

13. Default Re: UL Football commit big hit..

Hot dabbit.

Thought I had put you on "ignore."
    It’s all good . . . c’est tout bon

It’s all good . . . c’est tout bon

Hey thanks man!

Z

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information