Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Poor Coaches

Default Re: Poor Coaches

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The truth is obviously not enough experienced quality on the offensive line. That’s not only a CDM miss, it’s also CBN miss. CBN left us whatever you see at quarterback, and O line.

It’s plain stupid to suggest it’s on CMD only. Any coach we might have hired would have similar issues, and perhaps more because he’d have to start recruiting over and he’d be missing all the same people CBN took to ul@Gainesville.

If you look at the current roster it is loaded with freshman and sophomore OL. Hopefully that means a bright future at those positions.

Quote Originally Posted by WestUCajun View Post
    Not to the level we would have had if Johnson, Torrence, and Garner would still be on the team. With those players still on the team, we would probably have met Clutch's expectations. Coaching experience is also a problem this year but not as big a problem as or talent level this year.
    My opinion is that we are in a big rebuilding year from both a talent and coaching standpoint.
    Don’t forget McCaskill, Bailey and Waits also.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    I hear a lot of criticism of Des, even (rarely!) read it here.

So see if you can name these head coaches from their records, and where they coached:
    Any of these their first college head coaching job?

4. Default Re: Poor Coaches

Quote Originally Posted by WestUCajun View Post
    Billy inherited a team with the talent to become a top 25 program. Look at the 2017 roster - Elijah Mitchell, Trey Ragas, Raymond Calais, JaMarcus Bradley, Robert Hunt, Kevin Dotson, and Levi Lewis to name a few with a number of them still playing on the team that won 13 games. Plus no portal and NIL to compete with during Billy's tenure. Here is the 2017 roster - https://ragincajuns.com/sports/football/roster/2017 if you are interested
    Quite a lineup.

5. Default Re: Poor Coaches

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Quite a lineup.
    Let’s not forget CBN released every recruit from their commitment and then evaluated and re-recruited almost every one of them. That was a very good but small class. Additionally CBN had several years that he was below the 85 limit as part of the Hud punishment.

Essentially he inherited a lot of talent, and an NCAA burden.

6. Default Re: Poor Coaches

Louisiana's offensive line has shown incredible durability over the past few seasons (this year notwithstanding) and that may have tainted coach Mike Desormeaux's opinion on getting help going into this year, but posters on RP lamented the lack of activity on bolstering the o-line this past offseason

7. Default Re: Poor Coaches

Agreed you can’t have too many good ones.

8. Default Re: Poor Coaches

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    People with an agenda never seem to get it right. I don’t believe it was Doc who said that.
    I don't know who Doc is but Maggard said Marlin wins 75% of his games.

I never understood why not a single outlet asked him to clarify.

My suspicisionis it was a Freudian slip of a private conversation with Marlin on what he would need to accomplish this year to keep his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Well.he left us a QB or two whom many thought should have been starting over LL. So we should be set in that position, right?
    Many keyboard coaches

10. Default Re: Poor Coaches

I don't know who Doc is but Maggard said Marlin wins 75% of his games.

I never understood why not a single outlet asked him to clarify.

My suspicisionis it was a Freudian slip of a private conversation with Marlin on what he would need to accomplish this year to keep his job.
    All this is fine but it has nothing to do with my post. Go back and look and you will see that the poster was incorrect in attributing that comment to Doc Savoi.

11. Default Re: Poor Coaches

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Many keyboard coaches
    They raised hell every weekend to replace Levi with the QB’s they raising hell about now.

Looking at the roster OL can become a position strength again very soon. Hopefully King McGowen will be back healthy. He was penciled in as a starter had he not gotten hurt. The Moreau kid from Pineville was pushing for playing time as a true freshman. Look at the roster it is filled with freshman and sophomores that they were really high on when they recruited them. They just young. OL is the hardest position on the field to come in from high school and play right away.

https://ragincajuns.com/sports/footb.?path=football

13. Default Re: Poor Coaches

They raised hell every weekend to replace Levi with the QB’s they raising hell about now.
    Well at least you know now what you didn't know then. .

. It was never about Levi.

It’s tough to keep your herd going without your calf massage guy . . .
    Damn, I love a good dad joke. Nice.

15. Default Re: Poor Coaches

Well at least you know now what you didn't know then. .

. It was never about Levi.
    The complaining was definitely all about Levi and about our inept coaches for playing him. It was week in and week out despite victory after victory from game two to fourteen. They gave it a big head start after the game 1 loss. It was kind of like what basketball is getting here this year by some except worse . . .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information