Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 . LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 17, Florida State 49

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Florida State

Sorry. Hud almost got a win.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    New to the program? Google Stokley and Bustle. This is what you expect going into a P5 game. Things changed with HUD and Napier.
    You bring up an interesting point. And I see this with my son (who’s 23) how our perspectives of the Cajuns are different. I’ve been watching/attending/following the Cajuns since the late 70’s. I’ve experienced “Lucy” yanking that ball for a really long time. This time feels different. Before the last several years, there was always the hope that we’ve yet to “reach our potential”. Now, with how our admin has appeared to have handled our football program in the last year or so I have to wonder. Man, it can be tough to be a Cajuns fan. I sure hope I’m proved wrong.

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 17, Florida State 49

Bustle disciple gets Bustle results

Texas State beats UL next week, Cajuns finish behind Texas State, only ahead of the dead wolves.

There’s your Texas State motive.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Texas State beats UL next week, Cajuns finish behind Texas State, only ahead of the dead wolves.

There’s your Texas State motive.
    Or they haven't beaten us since joining the SBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns4me View Post
    You bring up an interesting point. And I see this with my son (who’s 23) how our perspectives of the Cajuns are different. I’ve been watching/attending/following the Cajuns since the late 70’s. I’ve experienced “Lucy” yanking that ball for a really long time. This time feels different. Before the last several years, there was always the hope that we’ve yet to “reach our potential”. Now, with how our admin has appeared to have handled our football program in the last year or so I have to wonder. Man, it can be tough to be a Cajuns fan. I sure hope I’m proved wrong.
    Exactly. I really think we squandered our recent success. Mai I didn’t leave during Baldwin and Busted. Fan till I die. Just hoped those days were behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Or they haven't beaten us since joining the SBC.
    They will

Exactly. I really think we squandered our recent success. Mai I didn’t leave during Baldwin and Busted. Fan till I die. Just hoped those days were behind us.
    We will only be back to those days if they become the new norm. Coming into this year, we all knew that there would be a lot of the coaching staff to replace along with the players that went into the portal or graduated. I don't think we all knew how much of an uphill climb it would really be.

I think the next few years will tell us where we really are and whether or not we are really back to those days of decline. But for now, I just look at this season as a small bump in the road of a rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    We will only be back to those days if they become the new norm. Coming into this year, we all knew that there would be a lot of the coaching staff to replace along with the players that went into the portal or graduated. I don't think we all knew how much of an uphill climb it would really be.

I think the next few years will tell us where we really are and whether or not we are really back to those days of decline. But for now, I just look at this season as a small bump in the road of a rebuild.
    Previous coaches took over much deeper ruts and came out better. First time in 21 years a coaching staff has squandered what was built previously.

10. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Florida State

First time a coach voluntarily leaves with his pick of coaches and players . . .

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Previous coaches took over much deeper ruts and came out better. First time in 21 years a coaching staff has squandered what was built previously.
    It's also the first time in more than 21 years that our coach left for a better opportunity. I'll give Des a few years to see if this continues.

It's also the first time in more than 21 years that our coach left for a better opportunity. I'll give Des a few years to see if this continues.
    Exactly a .500 or less season shouldn't be acceptable. Couple seasons of this we might be down to 3k season ticket holders

They will
    If we don’t get more QB mobility than Lot’s wife, we’re in trouble next weekend.

The portal is the reason I’m saying give him next year before calling for his head. CMD did inherit a top 20 program. IDK it just doesn’t look good.

The portal is the reason I’m saying give him next year before calling for his head. CMD did inherit a top 20 program. IDK it just doesn’t look good.
    It took us decades and finally getting an AD with vision. In the blink of an eye, the coach left (which we all expected) but the visionary leader got moved to Martin Hall. The core fans have zero desire and lack little patience to return to the 6-6 world. Regardless of the reason, and like it or not, the fans have visibly expressed their patience level.

Leadership needs to be proactive, don’t sit around like the MBB situation.

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 . LastLast

Thread Information