Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread: Special year in Basketball

Default Re: Special year in Basketball

SMU beat Evansville 55-47 today in Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    We all know the program we will have under Bob after 12+ years. The ceiling is low and we will not get to a point where we are winning titles consistently. However, that doesn't stop me from hopefully having fun this season with hopefully a championship year. That game the other night was fun and I saw a lot of good things from this team. I think if we all had confidence that we were sure to move in a new direction after this season no matter how good or bad it turns out to be, I think everyone would feel better
    Absolutely

We all know the program we will have under Bob after 12+ years. The ceiling is low and we will not get to a point where we are winning titles consistently. However, that doesn't stop me from hopefully having fun this season with hopefully a championship year. That game the other night was fun and I saw a lot of good things from this team. I think if we all had confidence that we were sure to move in a new direction after this season no matter how good or bad it turns out to be, I think everyone would feel better
    This is a fair assessment

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    SMU beat Evansville 55-47 today in Dallas.
    SMU was down 21 to 17 at halftime. Not sure that entertained the fans who watched that performance. They have struggled on offense much of the early season but appear to be solid defensively. That being said, Tuesday is a winnable game for the Cajuns. Although I would not bet on it as this is their first real road game. No idea how they will respond with people rooting against them. Still, it would be nice to take the payday and give them an L at the same time.

Etsu was only 50 miles from Asheville.

Smu played 3 home games crowds
    Todays game not showing attendance on espn.

Capacity is 7,000

7. Default Re: Special year in Basketball

That’s not happening if we make the dance. That’s why some are willing to not do well. That’s the only way Bob isn’t retained with an extension of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Smu played 3 home games crowds
    Todays game not showing attendance on espn.

Capacity is 7,000
    We all know their fans have this game circled

9. Default Re: Special year in Basketball

But their gym is small . . .

10. Default Re: Special year in Basketball

And they don’t play in the SBC West division.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    And they don’t play in the SBC West division.
    Where basketball is superior to football per Marlin.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Where basketball is superior to football per Marlin.
    Alright let’s just get it out in the open.

We are the standard of the Sun Belt conference who plays in the nicest gym while being everyone’s Super Bowl on their schedule. But we have come short of our goals recently because the Sun Belt West in basketball is so much harder than in football which is why football has recently won the west because “it’s easy.” Luckily now, we have big men like the North Carolina Tar Heels so we have to live up to our Sun Belt preseason #1 ranking.

Did I get it right?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Alright let’s just get it out in the open.

We are the standard of the Sun Belt conference who plays in the nicest gym while being everyone’s Super Bowl on their schedule. But we have come short of our goals recently because the Sun Belt West in basketball is so much harder than in football which is why football has recently won the west because “it’s easy.” Luckily now, we have big men like the North Carolina Tar Heels so we have to live up to our Sun Belt preseason #1 ranking.

Did I get it right?
    Nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    That’s not happening if we make the dance. That’s why some are willing to not do well. That’s the only way Bob isn’t retained with an extension of some sort.
    I know. That was my point. Some are just hoping it goes south so we can rip the band aid off and move on and others obviously want to win. I want to win and I want to make postseason but I also am saying that we ALL want Marlin gone no matter what.

And I'd love to know how James Madison was picked 4th in our SBC coaches poll. I just watched them play UNC at UNC. They lost but that is not a bad team at all and their top two active players played horrible. Friedel didn't hit an outside shot even though he's an excellent shooter and Edwards fouled out playing ten total minutes and not scoring.

That team is deep and they have two of their better players injured but expect them back soon and they are deep. They are second in the country in scoring at over 100 ppg.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread Information