Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: Special year in Basketball

Default Re: Special year in Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Staying injury free will be even more imperative for this team than the 17-18 team. While Brown may be better than any individual from that team this team doesn’t have nearly the depth that one did.
    Especially in the front court

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'm a highschool cropout.
    That made me snort laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Incorrect, they offered a one year contract and he did not accept it.
    The offer was the equivalent of firing him. Offering him something that was so beneath him, Crane was essentially firing him.

Incorrect, they offered a one year contract and he did not accept it.
    Okay. Same result. He won't be the gm next year.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    The offer was the equivalent of firing him. Offering him something that was so beneath him, Crane was essentially firing him.
    It is not the equivalent of firing him. It may have the same desired result for Crane, but when you fire someone, they are eligible for unemployment and other programs.

I understand the sentiment, but to say the GM was fired is factually incorrect. Facts are not up to interpretation or opinion.

It is not the equivalent of firing him. It may have the same desired result for Crane, but when you fire someone, they are eligible for unemployment and other programs.

I understand the sentiment, but to say the GM was fired is factually incorrect. Facts are not up to interpretation or opinion.
    Regardless, crane wasn’t keeping him. That was decided at the trade deadline when he went against Crane.

Regardless, crane wasn’t keeping him. That was decided at the trade deadline when he went against Crane.
    Crane was keeping him, if Click accepted the one year deal.

Crane was keeping him, if Click accepted the one year deal.
    But he knew that was never going to happen

But he knew that was never going to happen
    Truly your intellect is greater than mine. I should know better than to get into a battle of wits with a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    So your position on WBB is? 1 NCAA in 50+ years. No conference tournament championships ever. The sole NCAA bid was an at large.

The common denominator with both our BB coaches is a decade + in the retirement system. Which leads to my concern with CMD. Let’s say we get “Bustle Ball” results for the term of his contract. Do we renew him, since obviously both BB programs obviously have “settled” on meh.
    WBB is a completely different scenario. We have only been a really good program under J Kelly Hall.

Gary has done an admirable job and has at least won the buy in post season tournaments they were in…twice. He’s made the NIT once I believe.

Does he need to perform better? Absolutely! Has he done as well as Marlin…pretty much. But we have a 50 year history of losing, as opposed to the men’s 50 year history.

The absolute best case for this program right now is to be above .500 and lose in the first round of the SBC.

What will likely happen is we win the whole thing. Marlin gets an extension and we suck again for another 6 years.

11. Default Re: Special year in Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    It’s repulsive to want your team to lose based on one’s personal agenda. Of course, amongst the few who want this, some have a person in mind. It’s no secret. I got a better chance of making 100 years old.

Not going to argue with people like this. Just disappear until change happens. BT,DT.
    I don’t dislike Bob the person but dislike Bob the coach. I have zero confidence in him, still I’d prefer he proves me wrong and goes on to finish his career winning multiple conference championships and many in the NCAA. I just don’t believe it happens that’s not a personal agenda against Bob it’s what is the best for the program which is best for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I don’t dislike Bob the person but dislike Bob the coach. I have zero confidence in him, still I’d prefer he proves me wrong and goes on to finish his career winning multiple conference championships and many in the NCAA. I just don’t believe it happens that’s not a personal agenda against Bob it’s what is the best for the program which is best for the players.
    We all know the program we will have under Bob after 12+ years. The ceiling is low and we will not get to a point where we are winning titles consistently. However, that doesn't stop me from hopefully having fun this season with hopefully a championship year. That game the other night was fun and I saw a lot of good things from this team. I think if we all had confidence that we were sure to move in a new direction after this season no matter how good or bad it turns out to be, I think everyone would feel better

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    We all know the program we will have under Bob after 12+ years. The ceiling is low and we will not get to a point where we are winning titles consistently. However, that doesn't stop me from hopefully having fun this season with hopefully a championship year. That game the other night was fun and I saw a lot of good things from this team. I think if we all had confidence that we were sure to move in a new direction after this season no matter how good or bad it turns out to be, I think everyone would feel better
    . The staff is working under the assumption they will be successful this season and return next year

14. Default Re: Special year in Basketball

Good for them and for the players playing with Louisiana across their chests . . .

15. Default Re: Special year in Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    . The staff is working under the assumption they will be successful this season and return next year
    Of course they are, I would expect nothing less.

I would be happy if Marln coached with that mindset every year.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information