Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Special year in Basketball

1. Default Re: Special year in Basketball

Knowing what the next 6 years would bring, I hope he makes it to the sweet 16 and gets hired away.

Default Re: Special year in Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Knowing what the next 6 years would bring, I hope he makes it to the sweet 16 and gets hired away.
    We wouldn’t be so lucky.

Reading some of these comments is…disturbing to say the least. Some of y’all need to make a stop at Walmart and purchase some purple and gold gear. I know you want to.

Has Marlin been a very good coach over the last decade plus? No. But damn some of y’all really want this program to fail in order to get rid of him? That’s some sick stuff. I’ll take success any time it’s offered. The program is bigger than one man.

Win the conference and Tourney. Make noise in the dance and fish can ride off into the sunset a winner. Then we can do a local coaching search for new “old” blood. Sound about right.

What superstar coaches will be breaking through the doors to be the next Bball coach in Lafayette, La?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Just thinking out loud here. the city is looking for a location to put the new Heyman center as I believe the hospital needs the current property. Maybe UL can offer the Blackham property and do another joint venture with the City of Lafayette. Maybe tear down Blackham and build a nicer, smaller facility that can accommodate Men’s basketball And the city’s need to replace the Heyman Center. It’s the perfect location for both & the funding can be shared which could hugely benefit UL. This would also free up the Cajundome to go after bigger events. Thoughts?
    Liquor law/Fatima church and school. Non starter.

7. Default Re: Special year in Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    He could make the final four and not get a sniff from anyone. His overall record and long in the tooth precludes that. Let’s hope he does that well, but come on man don’t do like last time and panic extension of four years and a bag of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    What superstar coaches will be breaking through the doors to be the next Bball coach in Lafayette, La?
    Brad Boyd.

9. Default Re: Special year in Basketball

Brad Boyd might indeed have the potential for leading a Division I team, but I believe his refusal to gain college coaching experience outside of UL will ultimately stifle his coaching aspirations at Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Liquor law/Fatima church and school. Non starter.
    Blackham sells alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Blackham sells alcohol
    Been lucky then unless Blackham got a variance.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Been lucky then unless Blackham got a variance.
    You can sell alcohol, can’t be a bar. It’s 2 different permits. Ground Pati sells alcohol as well but as long as over 50% of your revenue doesn’t come from alcohol you are good.

You remember asking the same question when they were replacing Bustle in football? There's always a young coach who needs a shot. See Chris Beard who was ultra successful at UALR and is now at Texas. This isn't even a question.

There’s TONS of young assistants out there who can come here and get the job done. We have the resources necessary to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    There’s TONS of young assistants out there who can come here and get the job done. We have the resources necessary to do that.
    I’ll do it for half the money Bobby is getting

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information