Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Special year in Basketball

Default Re: Special year in Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Smu played 3 home games crowds
    Todays game not showing attendance on espn.

Capacity is 7,000
    Just thinking out loud here. the city is looking for a location to put the new Heyman center as I believe the hospital needs the current property. Maybe UL can offer the Blackham property and do another joint venture with the City of Lafayette. Maybe tear down Blackham and build a nicer, smaller facility that can accommodate Men’s basketball And the city’s need to replace the Heyman Center. It’s the perfect location for both & the funding can be shared which could hugely benefit UL. This would also free up the Cajundome to go after bigger events. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Just thinking out loud here. the city is looking for a location to put the new Heyman center as I believe the hospital needs the current property. Maybe UL can offer the Blackham property and do another joint venture with the City of Lafayette. Maybe tear down Blackham and build a nicer, smaller facility that can accommodate Men’s basketball And the city’s need to replace the Heyman Center. It’s the perfect location for both & the funding can be shared which could hugely benefit UL. This would also free up the Cajundome to go after bigger events. Thoughts?
    I LOVE IT! Why not?

Watching UNC-Ashville @ GA State, and loving GSU's new arena. It is beautiful and a perfect size.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I know. That was my point. Some are just hoping it goes south so we can rip the band aid off and move on and others obviously want to win. I want to win and I want to make postseason but I also am saying that we ALL want Marlin gone no matter what.
    You can't have your "baby cake" and eat it to.

Bigger events as in?

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Watching UNC-Ashville @ GA State, and loving GSU's new arena. It is beautiful and a perfect size.
    And empty as usual

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Bigger events as in?
    Concerts, wrestling, Mardi Gras Balls, monster trucks, Etc. Maybe we can even sell out our share to the city and let them have it 100%.

I know. That was my point. Some are just hoping it goes south so we can rip the band aid off and move on and others obviously want to win. I want to win and I want to make postseason but I also am saying that we ALL want Marlin gone no matter what.
    You can't have both of your wishes this season. They win the league and an extension will be granted. The people in the program are acting like they will be here. This is evidenced by the recruiting commitment they recently received and they are still working on guys to bring in come spring. Let's hope the team gives us plenty more wins this season to enjoy. We can worry about the staff decision later. Actually, Dr. Maggard and Dr. Savoie will worry about that. Does not seem what has been posted here affects their decision in that regard in any way. Personally, I would not be surprised if a two year contract extension were offered following this year, assuming the year is successful. That way the university can make a decision if the following year goes south and the buyout is reasonable. I don't think a long-term extension will be granted no matter how this year turns out. Again that is down the road. Lots of games to be played between now and March. If the promising start fizzles, a change could be coming.

Concerts, wrestling, Mardi Gras Balls, monster trucks, Etc. Maybe we can even sell out our share to the city and let them have it 100%.
    Oh your actually saying we can have MORE events not BIGGER events. You can't get bigger than Garth Brooks, you can't make the arena bigger with more jumps for monster trucks, you can't add more seats for wrestling or Mardi Gras balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You can't have both of your wishes this season. They win the league and an extension will be granted. The people in the program are acting like they will be here. This is evidenced by the recruiting commitment they recently received and they are still working on guys to bring in come spring. Let's hope the team gives us plenty more wins this season to enjoy. We can worry about the staff decision later. Actually, Dr. Maggard and Dr. Savoie will worry about that. Does not seem what has been posted here affects their decision in that regard in any way. Personally, I would not be surprised if a two year contract extension were offered following this year, assuming the year is successful. That way the university can make a decision if the following year goes south and the buyout is reasonable. I don't think a long-term extension will be granted no matter how this year turns out. Again that is down the road. Lots of games to be played between now and March. If the promising start fizzles, a change could be coming.
    Nobody has worried about that for 12+ years. Getting another coach isn't a high priority.

11. UL Basketball Re: Special year in Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Nobody has worried about that for 12+ years. Getting another coach isn't a high priority.
    Right now we’re not selling enough season tickets to pay the head coach much less all the other coaches and overhead. Having a coach that’s lost broad fan support isn’t good economics. It’s a false savings. Bob’s never rekindling that support without a 180 degree turn from his long term low bar expectations. Let’s just enjoy the games without some larger strategic plan.

12. Default Re: Special year in Basketball

You wearing a RedDot shirt right now?

Man you smart.

Simply brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    So since there is still a chance Marlin is here beyond this year, what are the criteria to measure out if he stays are not? What are the goals? What happens if he wins the league like in 17-18 and ____s the bed in the conference tournament? It can happen, especially with the new additions making it tougher this year. I think this needs to be discussed if the university is open to keeping him.

SBC basketball is currently 42-20 overall. Not a bad start

South Al is 1-3. The only team with a losing record

So since there is still a chance Marlin is here beyond this year, what are the criteria to measure out if he stays are not? What are the goals? What happens if he wins the league like in 17-18 and ____s the bed in the conference tournament? It can happen, especially with the new additions making it tougher this year. I think this needs to be discussed if the university is open to keeping him.
    I could be wrong but I believe a conference championship or conference tournament championship would keep him around.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information