Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Special year in Basketball

Default Re: Special year in Basketball

SBC basketball. You have to win the conference tournament. Anything less and Big Fish should be gone immediately. That being said I like what I see from the team thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    Wow. Your hatred for Marlin has you openly hoping we have a losing season. What a terrible attitude for a cajun fan to have. We should never hope any of our teams lose. For someone who goes by cajun4life, that attitude does not indicate you are a cajun for life.
    I’d just rather make the postseason more than 15% of a coaches tenure. Marlin consistently over sells and underperforms.

13 years…1 NIT and 1 March Madness. Absolutely not good enough.

But he will win the league this year…get a 5 year extension and we will be back to mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I’d just rather make the postseason more than 15% of a coaches tenure. Marlin consistently over sells and underperforms.

But he will win the league this year…get a 5 year extension and we will be back to mediocre.
    5 more years of chicken nuggets.

Marlin - 1 NCAA in 13 years. Wholly cow. How is he still
    Employed as a D1 basketball coach.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

I predict a 2 year extension with a successful season. Note, I have no inside knowledge whatsoever on this issue. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I predict a 2 year extension with a successful season. Note, I have no inside knowledge whatsoever on this issue. Just my opinion.
    As long as Mrs Marlin and Mrs Maggard are BFF's Marlin will keep getting extensions regardless of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Along as Mrs Marlin and Mrs Maggard are BFF's Marlin will keep getting extensions regardless of the season.
    I don't believe that will occur if the season goes south, despite friendships.

I watched a brief video of the rebounders’ luncheon the other day on FB. What some have noted with football is in full display at that luncheon. UL better get it in gear finding tomorrow’s fans/donors today. UL will have a great turnover in donors in 10-15 years. The price of the toothpick years is showing now. Fan base dropped horribly then, no attachment for alumni. Hard to build on something that never existed. That group is 35-40ish?

Keeping a foot on the students’ collective throat isn’t the answer. Want proof even the big boys aren’t that stupid? Look no further than TSATB. Tried crushing their band playing for “Neck”…even blamed the conference for the few years it was abandoned. Although offensive, it’s now a staple with their students today. Keep the students engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I don't believe that will occur if the season goes south, despite friendships.
    UL still runs the good ole boy system.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    UL still runs the good ole boy system.
    Then there’s your answer. Marlin has been here long enough he gets a honorary “oh he’s one of us” pass…

11. Default Re: Special year in Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Are we talking about players who choose to play for said coach? Those players? It’s unfair they are coached by the coach that recruits and signs them? This is your contention?
    Are you blaming players for falling for a slanted sales pitch? I don't understand the angle of your inquiry, the question alone comes across as 'buyer beware.'

I’ve worked for a small company single owner for 13 years. My wife’s never even met the owner. I know the situation is a bit different, but maggard needs to not mix business with pleasure so much, and that goes for his wife. Marlin probably would be done already if it wasn’t for friendships.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Are you blaming players for falling for a slanted sales pitch? I don't understand the angle of your inquiry, the question alone comes across as 'buyer beware.'
    Wut

14. Default Re: Special year in Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Are we talking about players who choose to play for said coach? Those players? It’s unfair they are coached by the coach that recruits and signs them? This is your contention?
    To be clear I do not condone "in season" impetus for change. Nor do I support losing.

But we are where we are in this discussion with someone doing just that. So it begs the questions; which one is supports losing more? Which one is supportive of more players or more supportive of players?

a) Lose now get a consistent long term winner as coach.

b)Supportive now and keep a consistent underachiever as coach.

It’s repulsive to want your team to lose based on one’s personal agenda. Of course, amongst the few who want this, some have a person in mind. It’s no secret. I got a better chance of making 100 years old.

Not going to argue with people like this. Just disappear until change happens. BT,DT.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information