Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Wooldridge Injured

1. Default Re: Wooldridge Injured

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    So I just got word from a source not named Mullet that Ben supposedly hurt his knee at some point.
    Have you ever considered becoming a beat writer?

That is quite the scoop there.

Default Re: Official word on Wooldridge:

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I wonder WTH happened. Were they allowing full QB contact in practice this time of the year? Maybe Des listened to the head RPCA coach and let them pound each other in practice so they would be good on game day. At least BWK will have something to scream about on the post-game RR podcast.
    Most ACL's are torn on non contact movements.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    His was contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I wonder WTH happened. Were they allowing full QB contact in practice this time of the year? Maybe Des listened to the head RPCA coach and let them pound each other in practice so they would be good on game day. At least BWK will have something to scream about on the post-game RR podcast.
    Lineman was blocking a linebacker that fell into Ben’s knee. Ben was in a non contact jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Correct, for those that want source(s).

While ACL injuries can occur by a variety of mechanisms, low-energy, noncontact injuries are most common, accounting for approximately 70 percent of ACL tears [2]. Such noncontact injuries may be amenable to prevention and substantial research has been performed to elucidate the biomechanics of noncontact ACL tears and the most effective interventions to prevent them ... https://www.uptodate.com/contents/an...ears%20%5B2%5D.

This doesn't mean the practice contact didn't contribute to the injury, but to use it as an example of bad coaching just doesn't hold water. There are plenty of other cases to be made against Coach Des, but this isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Correct, for those that want source(s).

While ACL injuries can occur by a variety of mechanisms, low-energy, noncontact injuries are most common, accounting for approximately 70 percent of ACL tears [2]. Such noncontact injuries may be amenable to prevention and substantial research has been performed to elucidate the biomechanics of noncontact ACL tears and the most effective interventions to prevent them ... https://www.uptodate.com/contents/an...ears%20%5B2%5D.

This doesn't mean the practice contact didn't contribute to the injury, but to use it as an example of bad coaching just doesn't hold water. There are plenty of other cases to be made against Coach Des, but this isn't one of them.
    Right it was just a freak accident.

I did not mean it as a jab to the coach. I was kind of joking because of what BWK said earlier in the year about the teams not beating up on each other during the season making them soft. I am really sorry this injury happened to Ben when it seemed that he was the answer at QB. Sorry if it offended anyone, I am rooting for Des.

Default Re: Wooldridge Injured

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Have you ever considered becoming a beat writer?

That is quite the scoop there.
    Better than our current one

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Any Taco's?
    About to have postgame tacos.

He appeared to be walking around with a brace yesterday in Doak Walker. One would think if he needed surgery it would have taken place already. Maybe not as bad as we think. Might just be a strained ACL and not torn.

11. Default Re: Wooldridge Injured

If CMD is to be believed the extent of Ben’s injury wasn’t known at the time of his presser. So no coverup, just inept reporting as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    If CMD is to be believed the extent of Ben’s injury wasn’t known at the time of his presser. So no coverup, just inept reporting as usual.
    Crazy how multiple people said on Tuesday that Ben tore his acl. He had an mri on Wednesday to confirm. When was the presser?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Crazy how multiple people said on Tuesday that Ben tore his acl. He had an mri on Wednesday to confirm. When was the presser?
    Esqueleto had the correct first hand knowledge of the situation. The reporter is a idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    He appeared to be walking around with a brace yesterday in Doak Walker. One would think if he needed surgery it would have taken place already. Maybe not as bad as we think. Might just be a strained ACL and not torn.
    One of my kids tore her ACL, was roughly 2 weeks between tear and surgery.

If a simple tear other factors may be in play, such as doing the procedure after this week’s game (finish regular season with teammates) or doing the procedure Wednesday where he’s is off until class Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    One of my kids tore her ACL, was roughly 2 weeks between tear and surgery.

If a simple tear other factors may be in play, such as doing the procedure after this week’s game (finish regular season with teammates) or doing the procedure Wednesday where he’s is off until class Monday.
    His procedure is tomorrow

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information