Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16
Results 226 to 237 of 237

Thread: Tailgating Discussion

  1. #226

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Seems Texas State's admin is jacking with the fans and Greeks too.

    https://maroonandgolden.com/forum/in...tendance.1956/


  2. #227

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Seems Texas State's admin is jacking with the fans and Greeks too.

    https://maroonandgolden.com/forum/in...tendance.1956/
    Reading that thread got me thinking beyond my parochial view of our attendance woes and more long-term/big picture about this new generation of football fan. We're expecting the same kids/generation that can't function without a tablet and a constant stream of entertainment to attend and stay for the entirety of games. I think G5 teams are at the forefront of what's going to trickle up to P5 and maybe even NFL events in the coming 20+ years if sporting events can't speed up and keep the fans engaged.

  3. #228

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Reading that thread got me thinking beyond my parochial view of our attendance woes and more long-term/big picture about this new generation of football fan. We're expecting the same kids/generation that can't function without a tablet and a constant stream of entertainment to attend and stay for the entirety of games. I think G5 teams are at the forefront of what's going to trickle up to P5 and maybe even NFL events in the coming 20+ years if sporting events can't speed up and keep the fans engaged.
    Very good post. That’s why I’ve been adamant posting about UL figuring out how to grow RCAF now and become proactive and not reactive.

    Both universities have the same issues getting students (and their future donors) inside the stadiums. It takes more than wining. Am willing to bet blaring PA systems isn’t the fix either.

  4. #229

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Very good post. That’s why I’ve been adamant posting about UL figuring out how to grow RCAF now and become proactive and not reactive.

    Both universities have the same issues getting students (and their future donors) inside the stadiums. It takes more than wining. Am willing to bet blaring PA systems isn’t the fix either.
    maybe if rcaf had quarterly or annual membership meetings? to not only get the word first hand but meet other members.

  5. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    What’s Lourdes Park? Where was Lourdes Park?
    16 years ago today.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  6. #231

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Reading that thread got me thinking beyond my parochial view of our attendance woes and more long-term/big picture about this new generation of football fan. We're expecting the same kids/generation that can't function without a tablet and a constant stream of entertainment to attend and stay for the entirety of games. I think G5 teams are at the forefront of what's going to trickle up to P5 and maybe even NFL events in the coming 20+ years if sporting events can't speed up and keep the fans engaged.
    The answer is to NOT speed up the game. We should not change the game of football because of teen phone addictions. It's obvious that the constant blaring of music is to try and keep constant stimulation going for these addicted teens.

    I submit to you that it is a colossal failure. All it does is ____ off paying customers. If we want to spend money on the addicted teens, it should all be focused on expanding the WI FI as much as humanly possible.

  7. #232

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    16 years ago today.
    Yes, now I totally remember.

  8. #233

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    My son is a freshman at UL along with a crew of boys and girls from a Lafayette area private school. They didn't attend one football game this year. They have several male and female friends who attend LSU A and M. I have seen videos of these knuckleheads tailgating with the other 25,000 UL alumni like its the 80s across the basin. It appears to be a hell of a time and there is no one to harass the coeds and greeks. My son has been coming to UL games since he was in diapers and myself since 1992. My tailgate group is on Rhinehart even with first base at the stadium. We always have a great time! I don't know what the answers are but the university is failing bad bad.


  9. #234

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    My son is a freshman at UL along with a crew of boys and girls from a Lafayette area private school. They didn't attend one football game this year. They have several male and female friends who attend LSU A and M. I have seen videos of these knuckleheads tailgating with the other 25,000 UL alumni like its the 80s across the basin. It appears to be a hell of a time and there is no one to harass the coeds and greeks. My son has been coming to UL games since he was in diapers and myself since 1992. My tailgate group is on Rhinehart even with first base at the stadium. We always have a great time! I don't know what the answers are but the university is failing bad bad.
    I don’t have the answer either but the average age of the diehard fan is increasing each year. i’m 65 and we need to find a way to get the youngsters involved so they become what we were years ago.

  10. #235

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    The answer is to NOT speed up the game. We should not change the game of football because of teen phone addictions. It's obvious that the constant blaring of music is to try and keep constant stimulation going for these addicted teens.

    I submit to you that it is a colossal failure. All it does is ____ off paying customers. If we want to spend money on the addicted teens, it should all be focused on expanding the WI FI as much as humanly possible.
    When I said speed up the game, I meant eliminate 3/4ths of the TV commercial time-outs or change the way commercials are shown (split screen like soccer games). Not change the game itself.

    TV commercials every change of possession, every official review, every change in quarter, plus most of halftime.

  11. #236

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    When I said speed up the game, I meant eliminate 3/4ths of the TV commercial time-outs or change the way commercials are shown (split screen like soccer games). Not change the game itself.

    TV commercials every change of possession, every official review, every change in quarter, plus most of halftime.
    That broadcast ain't free, those folks, techs, camera expect to get paid, not to mention satellite fees...you could shorten the inventory, drive up the price, and not make enough to clear expenses...its a necessary evil...and I agree, games are too long...

  12. #237

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    That broadcast ain't free, those folks, techs, camera expect to get paid, not to mention satellite fees...you could shorten the inventory, drive up the price, and not make enough to clear expenses...its a necessary evil...and I agree, games are too long...
    Well, when attendance continues to go down across the board in the next decade or two I guess they'll cross that bridge. But it's coming.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Texas Game Discussion
    By BabbForHeisman in forum FOOTBALL
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2005, 06:30 pm
  2. Interesting Discussion Going On
    By shof in forum Conference Matters
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 22nd, 2005, 09:20 am

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •