Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailgating Discussion

Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Thank you for bringing this up. This is one of the biggest fumbles we have with the whole tailgating issue. The RV lot should be a village. It's tumble weed town right now. I think there are 87 spots. We're consistently missing our on 2/3 of the available "inventory." Speaking of business sense, it makes NO sense to leave 2/3 of your product totally untapped. In all aspects, we need to be much more efficient but in particular, the RV situation needs to be addressed immediately.
    MAT...I agree. The atmosphere for homecoming with 52 RVs was great that weekend. Can only imagine what a full lot of 87 would be like

First and foremost…put the students back at their old spot on the visitor side.

3. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    First and foremost…put the students back at their old spot on the visitor side.
    I don't care how valuable those seats become monetarily, they are most valuable with students occupying the location.

A full student section sells tickets everywhere else in the stadium.

Yanking students around hither and thither goes down as one of the dumbest moves of all time at The Swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I will say it again, Bustle never got over 6 wins and Tailgating was packed.

There is no correlation to inside the stadium and tailgating.

They are separate entities with some overlapping interests.
    Not once was I referring to wins and loses. The problems I am referring to will only be fixed with the stadium renovation. If people have no interest what so ever to go into the stadium because it is a dump, of course that will affect the number of people tailgating. The numbers do correlate.

5. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    Not once was I referring to wins and loses. The problems I am referring to will only be fixed with the stadium renovation. If people have no interest what so ever to go into the stadium because it is a dump, of course that will affect the number of people tailgating. The numbers do correlate.
    The best day ever "in the stadium" will not increase attendance outside the stadium.

The best day ever "in the stadium" will pull outside tailgaters into the stadium.

Game day(concessions and such) inside was terrible during the Hud years and we were putting 25k inside and complaining about the 10k-12k still partying outside. I’m kind of biased because I was in it but losing Lourdes park tailgate changed tailgating for our group since. We would feed 40-60 people every Saturday, could not find enough tickets for people and since then it’s been pretty much the exact opposite. I finally dropped my extra 5 football tickets this year bc I was tired of scanning 7 tickets for 2 people the last couple years

7. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

What’s Lourdes Park? Where was Lourdes Park?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Thank you for bringing this up. This is one of the biggest fumbles we have with the whole tailgating issue. The RV lot should be a village. It's tumble weed town right now. I think there are 87 spots. We're consistently missing out on 2/3 of the available "inventory." Speaking of business sense, it makes NO sense to leave 2/3 of your product totally untapped. In all aspects, we need to be much more efficient but in particular, the RV situation needs to be addressed immediately.
    I counted 2 RV spots taken when I passed at 4 pm last Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    What’s Lourdes Park? Where was Lourdes Park?
    The red pavilions outside the Tigue before the new stadium baseball stadium was built. We rented the spots from Robe for football season tailgate.

10. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I counted 2 RV spots taken when I passed at 4 pm last Thursday.
    It's been a disaster and a shame. Even if everything else was booming, that RV situation would have to be changed. You want to talk about lost revenue? That's a gaping hole in the revenue bucket.

11. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    The red pavilions outside the Tigue before the new stadium baseball stadium was built. We rented the spots from Robe for football season tailgate.
    Thanks, I vaguely remembered it after I asked for explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    I have yet to hear a ticket holder say, ‘I’m not going into the stadium for the game. It’s a dump’.

13. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    I have yet to hear a ticket holder say, ‘I’m not going into the stadium for the game. It’s a dump’.
    And you won't.

A competent team of people can fix many things at once, especially since they have 8 months to work on them. We can fix inside and outside

Where is the RV lot? Did texas am have to pay back in 1996 when their RVs seemed to show up very early and hog up school parking leading up to the game.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information