Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailgating Discussion

Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

If I were an admin, I would be creating a PackCajunField Committee yesterday to utilize this offseason to tackle lack of attendance, focusing on the high-level items below.

1. Gameday enhancements/atmosphere (concession quality & speed/PA system/close the upper deck to non-season ticket holders)
    2. Tailgating overhaul (see this thread)
    3. 2023-2024 season ticket campaign (AU REVOIR CAJUN FIELD CAMPAIGN) across Acadiana

Committee would be heads of athletic departments, SGA president, UPC president, IFC President, Dean of Students, and someone from the University's (not athletic) communications and marketing dept. Meet every 2 weeks (in-person, zoom, whatever) with action item takeaways.

Time to get Martin Hall and Reinhardt on the same page.

I'd imagine this as 2 groups, seperate and apart then combined once ideas, solutions are boiled down. Group A would be more student/university folks...the second group would be customers...3 RCAF members, 3 Season ticket holders, non RCAF, and 1 casual fan...add n athletic department non voting member on both for contract info, nuts and bolts, deals we're honoring etc. 8 weeks, 8 meetings with 2 meetings between the group's to work together on ideas..final solution is then presented to our 2 clueless Drs.in charge...and in the end a group to monitor progress through the process...

Not UL/CF centric, but the economy has been very hard on people everywhere! If I have to decide whether to put food on the table for a week or go to the game/tailgate it’s not a difficult decision. Now I realize that’s not the case for a good portion of the demographic we’re talking about, but it might be the difference between getting 10-15,000 vs 25-30,000.
    Tailgating. I think what many have stated regarding tiers is spot on! Premium locations nearer the stadium should cost more and maybe even require RCAF donation. But spots along the fences should be considerably less ($100?).
    Much like inside the stadium. People wanting premium seating will pay the going rate, but you can’t fill the East side and/or end zone by over valuing those seats. Premium seating aside, do you want 10,000 seats at $30/seat, or 30,000 seats at $10/seat??? Either way it’s $300,000; but a huge difference in atmosphere and making it a place people want to be. But as also stated, the university needs to have amenities in place to handle the attendance and not _____ the bed again, and again …

If they didn’t f up tailgating, those people would have gone in to see a top 25 team.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    If they didn’t f up tailgating, those people would have gone in to see a top 25 team.
    I have been in the same spot since 1996 I haven't seen where they have F'ed up tailgating. It did get a little messy at the time of construction of the south endzone. But it is the same tailgating it was back then.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I have been in the same spot since 1996 I haven't seen where they have F'ed up tailgating. It did get a little messy at the time of construction of the south endzone. But it is the same tailgating it was back then.
    I think he meant F up on pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I think he meant F up on pricing.
    Everything has gone up since 1996 does that mean its all F'ed up? Should prices stay the same as the were back then?

Everything has gone up since 1996 does that mean its all F'ed up? Should prices stay the same as the were back then?
    I didn't agree with what he said. I was just the messenger of his message.

I am a small sample size of one person, but I have a young family of four and I'd consider myself a diehard. I would love a tailgating spot, but at the current price I am not willing to invest in a spot.

I can see how people with established groups may not see it as a big chunk of change if they can split the cost, but I'm at the point where I'm just trying to convince friends and family to come to the game.

When you realize that you’re not the type of fan that moves the needle on getting to that next level, your mind will open up to solutions. Until then, there’s nothing else to discuss.

11. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Not UL/CF centric, but the economy has been very hard on people everywhere! If I have to decide whether to put food on the table for a week or go to the game/tailgate it’s not a difficult decision. Now I realize that’s not the case for a good portion of the demographic we’re talking about, but it might be the difference between getting 10-15,000 vs 25-30,000.
    Tailgating. I think what many have stated regarding tiers is spot on! Premium locations nearer the stadium should cost more and maybe even require RCAF donation. But spots along the fences should be considerably less ($100?).
    Much like inside the stadium. People wanting premium seating will pay the going rate, but you can’t fill the East side and/or end zone by over valuing those seats. Premium seating aside, do you want 10,000 seats at $30/seat, or 30,000 seats at $10/seat??? Either way it’s $300,000; but a huge difference in atmosphere and making it a place people want to be. But as also stated, the university needs to have amenities in place to handle the attendance and not _____ the bed again, and again …
    Apparently the Monroe economy must be booming they never had 8K for a Saturday game, Lake Charles booming from FEMA dollars. Just drop the economy for anything under 25K in the stadium. I can’t find anything not being attended in Lafayette food and entertainment except UL football.

12. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Apparently the Monroe economy must be booming they never had 8K for a Saturday game, Lake Charles booming from FEMA dollars. Just drop the economy for anything under 25K in the stadium. I can’t find anything not being attended in Lafayette food and entertainment except UL football.
    You have a point there. Every restaurant and entertainment facility has full parking lots.

13. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Obviously the current model works for you, and it works for some, but all you have to do is look around to realize the current model simply is not working.

Anyonyone walking into the stadium can see the current model simply is not working.

Anyone driving down Congress can see the current model simply is not working.

Anyone driving down Bertrand can see the current model simply is not working.

Anyone leaving the stadium can see the current model simply is not working.

Even more so, any current tailgater can see the current model simply is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Obviously the current model works for you, and it works for some, but all you have to do is look around to realize the current model simply is not working.

Anyonyone walking into the stadium can see the current model simply is not working.

Anyone driving down Congress can see the current model simply is not working.

Anyone driving down Bertrand can see the current model simply is not working.

Anyone leaving the stadium can see the current model simply is not working.

Even more so, any current tailgater can see the current model simply is not working.
    I think this was said already. The current model isn’t working because of what is going on inside the stadium. You make that a good experience and people will buy the tailgate spots. People aren’t going to tailgate for free if the in game experience sucks. Tailgating is done in groups. No one tailgates alone. You split the cost amongst a few buddies and it is not expensive at all.

15. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I think this was said already. The current model isn’t working because of what is going on inside the stadium.
    No, its broken on the outside.

Bustle got to 6-wins twice. TWICE.

During Bustle's tenure the tailgating lot was full.

Nothing on the inside is affecting tailgating.

Tailgating has priced itself out of the market.

Not for KajunKrazy, perhaps not for Big Poppa, but definitly for most.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information