Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 237

Thread: Tailgating Discussion

  1. #91

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    You obviously haven't read my many other post on the numerous threads on this topic. I am one with vision on this subject and it is much larger than inside the gates of Cajun field. To fix tailgating inside of CF all you have to do is fix the problems inside the stadium at Cajun field. You make that desirable and Cajun field tailgating will fix itself as it is very affordable and a very good deal for the location of a 20x20 spot. I am in TG 1 the most "prime spots" and I pay less than 100 dollars per game. You can't get that value for that size spot anywhere. If you want to grow tailgating to the likes of 30k you have to think out side of CF gates. I have posted those thoughts many times. Look them up if you are interested.

    If I were to change one thing at CF it would not be the cost of the spot maybe go down on the level of investment by a couple of hundred. You may get new members to the RCAF who join just to buy a spot.
    Agree 100%. Fix inside the stadium and TG will fix itself.

  2. #92

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BigSaucey View Post
    Yes I think getting the family back together means making the majority of tailgating free and first come first serve. We need people first and people will bring more people.
    100000%

  3. #93

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    $20 to park, first come, first serve with no RCAF donation

    Free tailgating spots, wild west style, first come first serve beginning at 1700 the night before the game.

    Reserve tailgating along Reinhardt and the stadium

    There you go, there you have it. Problem solved.

    You're welcome.


  4. #94

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    $20 to park, first come, first serve with no RCAF donation

    Free tailgating spots, wild west style, first come first serve beginning at 1700 the night before the game.

    Reserve tailgating along Reinhardt and the stadium

    There you go, there you have it. Problem solved.

    You're welcome.
    If there are people right now willing to pay the current prices for Tailgating, it would make little sense to strip them of that TG spot. A better way might be to offer all unrented lots up for grabs on the first Game Week and every home game thereafter.

  5. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    I agree with you on priority spots for RCAF. But like KK said earlier every spot located inside the fences of Cajun Field should be considered priority. They are 20x20 in a prime location. They are worth something. Create a totally separate area for all who want to tailgate at no charge on a first come first serve basis. Many have said the east side by frat row, the softball field and PE building would be the best option. I agree.
    Because The organic value has been sucked out of tailgating, you have to start from scratch.

    Always remember and never forget, the spots are not worth a dime of they don't sell.

    Put a value on the TG spots that will guarantee a sellout, then give RCAF members first dibs. It shouldn't take existing RCAF members more than a week to pick their favorite spots.

    If you want to have an RCAF drive while this is happening that is fine but but requiring an RCAF membership is nuts.

    Filling Cajun Basin first is Priority One.

  6. #96

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    When it comes to tailgating, RCAF, parking, tickets, concessions, etc, administration does not understand simple economics. Supply and demand. Demand is way down but administration doing nothing to get demand back up.

    Specifically when it comes to tailgating, I was all for paid spots. Back in 2005 or so it was getting crazy stupid with the 1st come 1st serve. We were having to show up on Wed or Thu to get our spot. Yes, we were not supposed to at the time and almost got run off a few times but we did what we have to do.

    Now, that demand is not even close to being the same. Something needs to change to bring the demand back. Personally, I think parking and RCAF in combination need to be re-evaluated.


  7. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    Agree 100%. Fix inside the stadium and TG will fix itself.
    I will say it again, Bustle never got over 6 wins and Tailgating was packed.

    There is no correlation to inside the stadium and tailgating.

    They are separate entities with some overlapping interests.

  8. #98

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    If there are people right now willing to pay the current prices for Tailgating, it would make little sense to strip them of that TG spot. A better way might be to offer all unrented lots up for grabs on the first Game Week and every home game thereafter.
    Sure, whatever, but why would anyone pay for a spot off the road when they can get there early enough to claim it?
    Besides, wouldn't you want to be around different people every week instead of the same stale neighbors over and over. That just creates a bad environment, IMO

  9. #99

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Take the remaining Spots that are available and cut them in four. You can easily fit a 10 x 10 in each of those spots, sell them for %25 the price to families. You get the same amount of money for every 4 family spots and you make it affordable for a family to do so. You in turn get a lot more people out there. The spots are huge, you can put a 20 x 20 and still fit a vehicle. A single family just doesnít need that much room and canít justify spending that much money IMO. Not everyone goes to games with large groups.


  10. #100

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    I can offer RV tailgate information. Been having my spot for the last 8 years. Cost for the RV spot has been in the same range during those years....about $ 1100 per season. Minimum RCAF donation is $ 1200. They have offered individual game RV spots. Max attendance this year was during Homecoming. I counted 52 RVs in the RV lot. On a typical Saturday we typically have 35 RVs in the lot


  11. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BBcajun View Post
    I can offer RV tailgate information. Been having my spot for the last 8 years. Cost for the RV spot has been in the same range during those years....about $ 1100 per season. Minimum RCAF donation is $ 1200. They have offered individual game RV spots. Max attendance this year was during Homecoming. I counted 52 RVs in the RV lot. On a typical Saturday we typically have 35 RVs in the lot
    Does that equate to $2,300 if you want an RV spot?

  12. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BBcajun View Post
    I can offer RV tailgate information. Been having my spot for the last 8 years. Cost for the RV spot has been in the same range during those years....about $ 1100 per season. Minimum RCAF donation is $ 1200. They have offered individual game RV spots. Max attendance this year was during Homecoming. I counted 52 RVs in the RV lot. On a typical Saturday we typically have 35 RVs in the lot
    Thank you for bringing this up. This is one of the biggest fumbles we have with the whole tailgating issue. The RV lot should be a village. It's tumble weed town right now. I think there are 87 spots. We're consistently missing out on 2/3 of the available "inventory." Speaking of business sense, it makes NO sense to leave 2/3 of your product totally untapped. In all aspects, we need to be much more efficient but in particular, the RV situation needs to be addressed immediately.

  13. #103

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Does that equate to $2,300 if you want an RV spot?
    Yes sir.

    $2,300 for RV spot. Which is on par with some other large universities.

    $925-$1,000 the rights to a tailgate spot. Still waiting for someone to show me an NCAA school who demands that price for tailgating spot with zero amenities.

    See attached file for tailgating spot and RV prices.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  14. #104

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Does that equate to $2,300 if you want an RV spot?
    I guess it depends on how you look at it. For me the RV spot was $ 1,100. I was an RCAF member prior to getting an RV spot and met the requirement for obtaining an RV spot. If a new person that was not a member of RCAF wanted to get a spot then yes....$ 2,300 would be the outlay. If they were already a RCAF donor...let's say at the $500 level then the RV spot would cost them $ 1,800. Its about $ 200 per game for us in a season when you have 5 SATURDAY home games. We do not bring the RV for the weekday games. We got lucky last season. The regular schedule had 4 saturday games & 2 weekday games. We were able to get a 5th tailgate in due to hosting the conference championship.

  15. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BBcajun View Post
    I guess it depends on how you look at it. For me the RV spot was $ 1,100. I was an RCAF member prior to getting an RV spot and met the requirement for obtaining an RV spot. If a new person that was not a member of RCAF wanted to get a spot then yes....$ 2,300 would be the outlay. If they were already a RCAF donor...let's say at the $500 level then the RV spot would cost them $ 1,800. Its about $ 200 per game for us in a season when you have 5 SATURDAY home games. We do not bring the RV for the weekday games. We got lucky last season. The regular schedule had 4 saturday games & 2 weekday games. We were able to get a 5th tailgate in due to hosting the conference championship.
    I definitly like your perspective, but see onboarding from ground zero as prohibitive to growth.

    I would prefer you get closeness perks and other perks as an RCAF member, letting the membership grow organically.

    Not a fan of requiring membership for RV parking.

    You did teach me one other thing with your post. I had not looked at the RV lot as being 100% RCAF members before.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Texas Game Discussion
    By BabbForHeisman in forum FOOTBALL
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2005, 06:30 pm
  2. Interesting Discussion Going On
    By shof in forum Conference Matters
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 22nd, 2005, 09:20 am

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •