Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 237

Thread: Tailgating Discussion

  1. #76

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    is there really enough accounting transparency to worry about whether a particular dollar went to a particular sport?


  2. #77

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    on the one hand im not a fan of forcing things, however whining about perks makes us feel small time and that we will never catch up to the big boys.
    overall the problem is mindset, i agree dont force someone to join rcaf to get the prime tailgate spot, but my mindset would be, wow, that guy has the prime tailgate spot i bet he is a bigwig in rcaf.

    i know this is a pipe dream but i would think there should be more people in rcaf that dont go to games (i.e. out of town alums) then people at games that arent in rcaf. IMO it comes down more to looking at the big picture rather than a transactional view.


  3. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    is there really enough accounting transparency to worry about whether a particular dollar went to a particular sport?
    Really a terrible attitude to have about it. People in this area "vote with their wallet." If they didn't agree with the Lotief stuff and didn't want their money going to fund it, or don't agree with MBB direction and don't want their money to fund it, or didn't like the football hire and don't want their money to fund it... You make damn sure their money is going where you said it would go. There's actually a term for that. It's called fraud.

  4. #79

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    on the one hand im not a fan of forcing things, however whining about perks makes us feel small time and that we will never catch up to the big boys.
    overall the problem is mindset, i agree dont force someone to join rcaf to get the prime tailgate spot, but my mindset would be, wow, that guy has the prime tailgate spot i bet he is a bigwig in rcaf.

    i know this is a pipe dream but i would think there should be more people in rcaf that dont go to games (i.e. out of town alums) then people at games that arent in rcaf. IMO it comes down more to looking at the big picture rather than a transactional view.
    nominated for dumbass post of the week. whining he says. every donor org gives perks to donors. what are rcaf perks? the golden ticket to get to spend more money. they dont even send the plates anymore. ticket booklets no more. the rcaf lines are slower than the normal people lines. there is no perk

  5. #80

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    just of the week? Damn im slipping, i need to step it up a notch i was hoping for more like decade


  6. #81

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Really a terrible attitude to have about it. People in this area "vote with their wallet." If they didn't agree with the Lotief stuff and didn't want their money going to fund it, or don't agree with MBB direction and don't want their money to fund it, or didn't like the football hire and don't want their money to fund it... You make damn sure their money is going where you said it would go. There's actually a term for that. It's called fraud.
    not really my attitude and i dont disagree with you on that. Im just asking how it is, seems a while back we didnt even confirm if athletics pays academics for the scholarships or not?

    As huge as 5000 dollar donation for a particular sport would be it pales in comparison to all the salaries and benefits, pension fund, security, janitorial, transportation, etc etc etc that those sports receive either from general fund or university proper funds (for lack of a better term)

  7. #82

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    nominated for dumbass post of the week. whining he says. every donor org gives perks to donors. what are rcaf perks? the golden ticket to get to spend more money. they dont even send the plates anymore. ticket booklets no more. the rcaf lines are slower than the normal people lines. there is no perk
    also as i mentioned needing more out of state members, most other states require two dmv license plates so no room for those plates, maybe a license plate frame would be better. or what happened to the alumni association christmas ornaments, those were cool, after a dozen plates how many more do you need, i remember getting more than one sometimes, always wondered if that was a mistake or not. think they have already exhausted every color combination, probably had too many complaints when they used the non school color black on the plates

  8. #83

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Forcing people to be RCAF donors is another reason why RCAF membership numbers are in the tank. It's not a privilege or a perk to be an RCAF donor. It's a ball and chain.
    This post is spot on. Since they removed most all of the perks, RCAF is just a burden.

    I have been an RCAF member since it's inception. Being a member used to have perks, but that is no longer the case.

    Years ago, a certain RCAF donation amount would get you parking passes to football, basketball and baseball as part of you RCAF membership. The donation made it worth it just for the parking passes. Then parking passes started costing an additional $60 each on top of your donation.

    You can donate $100,000 to the RCAF, and then ask for a parking pass and the RCAF says, "That will be an additional $60".

    The only thing an RCAF donation does for the donor is gives a donor the rights to spend more money.

    I believe tying the RCAF to literally everything (parking, tickets, tailgating, etc.) has led to it's dwindling numbers.

    Instead of jumping through all the RCAF hoops, I know quite a few former RCAF members who now park across the street, pay $15 to get in the alumni tent, enjoy unlimited beer/food, and then walk up to the gate and buy a ticket.

  9. #84

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    every donor org gives perks to donors. what are rcaf perks? the golden ticket to get to spend more money. they dont even send the plates anymore. ticket booklets no more. the rcaf lines are slower than the normal people lines. there is no perk
    I had not seen your post before I posted mine, but appears that we are working out of the same playbook.

  10. #85
    CajunRage is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    This post is spot on. Since they removed most all of the perks, RCAF is just a burden.

    I have been an RCAF member since it's inception. Being a member used to have perks, but that is no longer the case.

    Years ago, a certain RCAF donation amount would get you parking passes to football, basketball and baseball as part of you RCAF membership. The donation made it worth it just for the parking passes. Then parking passes started costing an additional $60 each on top of your donation.

    You can donate $100,000 to the RCAF, and then ask for a parking pass and the RCAF says, "That will be an additional $60".

    The only thing an RCAF donation does for the donor is gives a donor the rights to spend more money.

    I believe tying the RCAF to literally everything (parking, tickets, tailgating, etc.) has led to it's dwindling numbers.

    Instead of jumping through all the RCAF hoops, I know quite a few former RCAF members who now park across the street, pay $15 to get in the alumni tent, enjoy unlimited beer/food, and then walk up to the gate and buy a ticket.
    money grab

  11. #86

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Forcing people to be RCAF donors is another reason why RCAF membership numbers are in the tank. It's not a privilege or a perk to be an RCAF donor. It's a ball and chain.
    Hallelujah

  12. #87

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Over the last 2 decades, we built a program that beat 2 P5s, won several Bowl games, achieved 2 end of year Top 15 rankings and won more games than anybody ever imagined.

    The people never showed up like we thought they would. Win and people will come has been proven wrong. It is obvious that the majority of people in Acadiana have decided it is way easier and more rewarding to follow lsubr than invest any time/money in this program.

    There is NO connection anymore from the Cajun people to the university that calls its sports teams the Ragin Cajuns.

    IMHO, before we entertain any other plans for revenue growth or program restructuring, we MUST embark on a committed, lifelong courtship of the CAJUN people. Everything we do should be geared towards rebuilding familial ties.

    Without the Cajun people in full support and communion, NOTHING will change. We need to put the Cajun back in the Ragin Cajun Athletic Foundation.

    Forget about high dollar stuff right now. If a few whales want to fund a stadium renovation, so be it, but we need to focus on getting our family back together.


  13. #88

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Yes I think getting the family back together means making the majority of tailgating free and first come first serve. We need people first and people will bring more people.


  14. #89

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    2023 . . . everything is FREE . . . come one come all . . .


  15. #90

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This is the problem.

    RCAF membership should not be a prerequisite.

    I don't have a problem with RCAF members getting priority spots, but forcing spots to become RCAF donors is cash flow dumb.
    I agree with you on priority spots for RCAF. But like KK said earlier every spot located inside the fences of Cajun Field should be considered priority. They are 20x20 in a prime location. They are worth something. Create a totally separate area for all who want to tailgate at no charge on a first come first serve basis. Many have said the east side by frat row, the softball field and PE building would be the best option. I agree.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Texas Game Discussion
    By BabbForHeisman in forum FOOTBALL
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2005, 06:30 pm
  2. Interesting Discussion Going On
    By shof in forum Conference Matters
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 22nd, 2005, 09:20 am

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •