Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Tailgating Discussion

Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    The casual fan doesn’t want to park across the street when literally hundreds of parking space are available in the stadium. The casual fan doesn’t care what goes in at other universities. You are correct. They don’t care. They have witnessed getting kicked to the curb over a money grab. Again, the casual fan doesn’t need the university.
    If you can’t park across the street to walk to a football game then you are not even a casual fan. You are just not a fan at all with no interest at all and you probably wouldn't go if they let you park right on side the ticket both on the concrete apron leading up to the stadium. Get lost pal you are just arguing just for the sake of it.

The casual fan doesn’t want to park across the street when literally hundreds of parking space are available in the stadium. The casual fan doesn’t care what goes in at other universities. You are correct. They don’t care. They have witnessed getting kicked to the curb over a money grab. Again, the casual fan doesn’t need the university.
    Ok I get it. You are a casual fan. You want to go to a game once every year or so and have the university cater to you with free stadium parking next to the ticket booth and you want to get in free and sit where you want. College football is a business and they must make money.

There is no “one answer”. It’s a lot of different reasons and everyone has their own. We just haven’t built a fan base over the years. We don’t have a big enough fan base it’s that simple. The lsu’s, Alabama’s of the world all have people that miss games for the same exact reasons our fans do, they just have hundreds of thousands of people that will take that persons spot on any given game/weekend. If there is any one major reason, it’s lack of consistent success for almost a 100 years.

4. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    If you can’t park across the street to walk to a football game then you are not even a casual fan.
    In the old days, that was called disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Ok I get it. You are a casual fan. You want to go to a game once every year or so and have the university cater to you with free stadium parking next to the ticket booth and you want to get in free and sit where you want. College football is a business and they must make money.
    Actually I’d go to every home game. Never did I say anyone should be allowed in free. Again, your words. Yes, it’s all a business. Both academically and athletically. The athletic side of the business is failing. Horribly.

If you can’t park across the street to walk to a football game then you are not even a casual fan. You are just not a fan at all with no interest at all and you probably wouldn't go if they let you park right on side the ticket both on the concrete apron leading up to the stadium. Get lost pal you are just arguing just for the sake of it.
    Again, I can only explain it. I can’t make you understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    There is no “one answer”. It’s a lot of different reasons and everyone has their own. We just haven’t built a fan base over the years. We don’t have a big enough fan base it’s that simple. The lsu’s, Alabama’s of the world all have people that miss games for the same exact reasons our fans do, they just have hundreds of thousands of people that will take that persons spot on any given game/weekend. If there is any one major reason, it’s lack of consistent success for almost a 100 years.
    You nailed it.

Actually I’d go to every home game. Never did I say anyone should be allowed in free. Again, your words. Yes, it’s all a business. Both academically and athletically. The athletic side of the business is failing. Horribly.
    What's the fix then?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    What's the fix then?
    Make every thing inside the fences of cajun field free. So you can add 500 more people to the crowd.

Make every thing inside the fences of cajun field free. So you can add 500 more people to the crowd.
    That will help. LOL

11. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Now you are being silly.

Nothing should be free. Not WBB. Not Volleyball. Not parking.

Again, I can only explain it. I can’t make you understand it.
    I don’t need to under stand you stupidity. I can see the parking lot across the street from my seat and wasn’t long ago I would look and it was full. People just lost interest has nothing to do with parking.

13. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

I don’t need to under stand you stupidity. I can see the parking lot across the street from my seat and wasn’t long ago I would look and it was full. People just lost interest has nothing to do with parking.
    They boycotted because there was an empty lot across the street that emptied from over pricing and was not being used, nor would they be allowed to use it on short otice.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    They boycotted because there was an empty lot across the street that emptied from over pricing and was not being used, nor would they be allowed to use it on short otice.
    I wish the problems was as easy as parking. Unfortunately that has nothing to do with the lack of interest in this program.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I wish the problems was as easy as parking. Unfortunately that has nothing to do with the lack of interest in this program.
    Parking is a sort of "Oh By the Way..." with all the other things that are wrong with game day and attendance.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information