Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I think...therefore I am...

Signed,
    Casual Fan

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Explain why the casual fans stopped going to the games then. The money grab from the RCAF and everything it involves. That is YOUR words!
    I think if we boil it all the way down it's this simple:

The gameday experience needs to beat out the convenience of staying home for $5/month via ESPN+.

It doesn't. The new football fan doesn't just show up for the love of the game anymore.

3. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    The new football fan doesn't just show up for the love of the game anymore.
    Correct!

The new football fan does not yet fully understand the game, and doesn't have a friend at the game to drop minute explanations in their ear.

By way of reminder, on Ragin Review, listen to the "Gator" hopping National Champion Ski Team and notice how these people from around the world came to have a "love of the game."

Football game that is.

Explain why the casual fans stopped going to the games then. The money grab from the RCAF and everything it involves. That is YOUR words!
    The casual fan was able to drive up to the stadium with the wife and kids. Buy tickets at the ticket booth and walk into the gate. That simple concept no longer exists with the advent of the RCAF.
    I think the university should rethink its position with the RCAF in regards to the casual fan. The casual fan doesn’t need the university nor the RCAF. The university does need the casual fan.
    Do you think the large stadiums that are full on any given weekend are filled because of die hard fans? Not hardly.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I think if we boil it all the way down it's this simple:

The gameday experience needs to beat out the convenience of staying home for $5/month via ESPN+.

It doesn't. The new football fan doesn't just show up for the love of the game anymore.
    $9.99 a month or $99.99 a year paid in full. Things went up bud.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    The casual fan was able to drive up to the stadium with the wife and kids. Buy tickets at the ticket booth and walk into the gate. That simple concept no longer exists with the advent of the RCAF.
    I think the university should rethink its position with the RCAF in regards to the casual fan. The casual fan doesn’t need the university nor the RCAF. The university does need the casual fan.
    Do you think the large stadiums that are full on any given weekend are filled because of die hard fans? Not hardly.
    You are skating around your previous post, but whatever. Things change and nothing should be free especially for "casual fans" That is the issue the ones who put out keep putting out.

You are skating around your previous post, but whatever. Things change and nothing should be free especially for "casual fans" That is the issue the ones who put out keep putting out.
    I can only explain it to you. I can’t make you understand it. Yes things change. But was the change for the better? Attendance numbers would say no. But hey, you do you. But stop complaining about the attendance. It’s falling on the deaf ears of the casual fan. As I’ve said before and has been mentioned by others, it’s too easy to now stream a game.

can you walk in for free after halftime or near the end of the third quarter?

$9.99 a month or $99.99 a year paid in full. Things went up bud.
    probably most people paying for espn+ are at cajun field anyway, and are paying for road games and/or other sports

I can only explain it to you. I can’t make you understand it. Yes things change. But was the change for the better? Attendance numbers would say no. But hey, you do you. But stop complaining about the attendance. It’s falling on the deaf ears of the casual fan. As I’ve said before and has been mentioned by others, it’s too easy to now stream a game.
    I agree with you.

Empty parking lots, stadiums, and arenas don't draw interest or casual fans. Cut the RCAF obligations and lower prices to meet demand.

You really don’t know what you are talking about. Have you ever been to a game lately? The casual fan can drive up and literally park directly across the street from the stadium for free and walk right up and buy a ticket to the game. If that fan gets there 30 minutes early there is probably no ticket line. No where else in America can a casual fan do that.

Now lets compare that to App st who has a packed stadium every weekend. If you park any where on the campus you have to be their equivalent to a RCAF member and you pay to park. If you are not you can’t even park any where on campus and you go find some private lot where the owner charges what ever he wants. That is proof that attendance has nothing to do with cost of parking.

The poor attendance here is all about an apathy for the program. Not the parking and tailgating situation. If it were free people still wouldn’t come at this point because they just don’t care.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    can you walk in for free after halftime or near the end of the third quarter?
    No clue. I stay until the end win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    probably most people paying for espn+ are at cajun field anyway, and are paying for road games and/or other sports
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    You really don’t know what you are talking about. Have you ever been to a game lately? The casual fan can drive up and literally park directly across the street from the stadium for free and walk right up and buy a ticket to the game. If that fan gets there 30 minutes early there is probably no ticket line. No where else in America can a casual fan do that.

Now lets compare that to App st who has a packed stadium every weekend. If you park any where on the campus you have to be their equivalent to a RCAF member and you pay to park. If you are not you can’t even park any where on campus and you go find some private lot where the owner charges what ever he wants. That is proof that attendance has nothing to do with cost of parking.

The poor attendance here is all about an apathy for the program. Not the parking and tailgating situation. If it were free people still wouldn’t come at this point because they just don’t care.
    Lafman1 has changed his stance 4 or 5 times in this thread. He needs to go back and read what he is posting (talking out of both sides of his mouth with a different story, reason or excuse each time) this guy isn't worth debating when he doesn't know the definition of staying consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post

The casual fan doesn’t want to park across the street when literally hundreds of parking space are available in the stadium. The casual fan doesn’t care what goes in at other universities. You are correct. They don’t care. They have witnessed getting kicked to the curb over a money grab. Again, the casual fan doesn’t need the university.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information