Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailgating Discussion

Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Yes, my kids were involved in all of that and more, like Pony Club events...Now, my kids are grown...where they did grow up, 90% of those sorts of things were done on weekday afternoons or Saturday mornings...it was all over by mid day. Again, its about (as much as possible) making a UL game the event of the weekend. I used BR simply as a reference. If I looked hard enough, could probably find a bunch more...I'll never fault parents for missing an event because of a childs game etc. What I will do is call out those who continue to schedule competing events against UL Football. Like I said, 5 Saturdays out of 52 weeks...
    That's the thing, rarely anything is during the week anymore. These weekend events start at 8 am Saturday morning then go all day long and some go into Sundays. The people putting on these events don't care about football, it's all about making the most money possible. Keeping people at their event for a full day keeps the cash flowing to the concession stand.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Selling unclmed spots isn’t kicking someone out. What price point should be? Should be a bid process starting with a full season to game day only.
    Spots that weren’t sold were available this year on a game by game basis. If one wants to argue they didn’t do a very good job advertising that one would have to agree.

3. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    Spots that weren’t sold were available this year on a game by game basis.
    BREAKING NEWS

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    BREAKING NEWS
    Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Who knew?
    I read it on the back of the championship banner

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    The causal fan doesnt belong to the rcaf or even knows what the rcaf is. So that isn't why they aren't going.
    Many casual fans belonged to the RCAF. Casual fans know what the RCAF is.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Define many? So you are saying they donate to RCAF but don't go to sporting events? That is a big line of BS.

Define casual fan?

9. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

casual is shorthand for: in "case u all" go, I might.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Define many? So you are saying they donate to RCAF but don't go to sporting events? That is a big line of BS.
    As far as defining ‘many’, do your own homework. What I’m saying is casual fans were at one time RCAF members but came to the realization there wasn’t enough value to them in being a member, so they dropped their membership.
    Those are your words, not mine about not attending sporting events.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    Define casual fan?
    A fan of a team.

A fan of a team.
    OK. Not casual. I am a fan of a team.

Casual fan- A guy that might go to a game or 2 a year hopes the team wins, picks up the paper or social media the next day when he doesn’t go to check the score but it doesn’t make a difference one way or the other to him.

That guy is not a RCAF member.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    If this was decided and communicated as an attempt to increase attendance, would you pocket the money you pay for the spot or donate it to RCAF?
    Let me answer your question another way. Lets say the RCAF decided to go down to 200 dollars donation was all that was needed to buy my current TG spot and parking pass. I would not go down on my donation just to reach the minimum, I would keep it where it is now. (I get 2 TG1 parking passes with the spot but chose to park in and buy a lot C pass)

As far as defining ‘many’, do your own homework. What I’m saying is casual fans were at one time RCAF members but came to the realization there wasn’t enough value to them in being a member, so they dropped their membership.
    Those are your words, not mine about not attending sporting events.
    Explain why the casual fans stopped going to the games then. The money grab from the RCAF and everything it involves. That is YOUR words!

I think...therefore I am...

Signed,
    Casual Fan

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information