Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailgating Discussion

Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    How many times must it be said?

The money grab from the RCAF and everything it involves.
    The money grab was the same during Hud years and we had good crowds then. Let’s be honest the big drop off began in 2020 when the could only sell about 1/4 of the tickets they sold in prior years due to Covid mandates by the NCAA. For some reason since then lots of folks never came back. Many people have adjusted they way they do things in many aspects of life since. That’s just reality.

2. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    The causal fan doesnt belong to the rcaf or even knows what the rcaf is. So that isn't why they aren't going.
    This is true.

Louisiana needs to create a paremeter buzz magnet to create the appearance of "happening" and this is where RCAF can make or break the future.

3. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    The money grab was the same during Hud years and we had good crowds then. Let’s be honest the big drop off began in 2020 when the could only sell about 1/4 of the tickets they sold in prior years due to Covid mandates by the NCAA. For some reason since then lots of folks never came back. Many people have adjusted they way they do things in many aspects of life since. That’s just reality.
    You speak to "lifestyle" decisions.

Things that used to be done on automatic now get contemplated and relegated.

This is why every game needs to be a "Louisiana Saturday Nights" event.

It's the only way Louisiana gets back to where fans don't have to think, it happens on automatic.

To your post: Tailgating numbers during Hud were down from the Bustle years.

I know more during baseball season and summer there have been threads about travel baseball, and many have their pros and cons, seemingly more leaning towards cons… but could another con be added to that list, that for many travel baseball now stretches well into the fall,(or starts again for fall ball) cant help but think that also keeps people away from cajun field for football, especially when the game is moved up earlier in the day. and even if they can get to cajun field in time for a night game, probably not getting there early enough for tailgate

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    I know more during baseball season and summer there have been threads about travel baseball, and many have their pros and cons, seemingly more leaning towards cons… but could another con be added to that list, that for many travel baseball now stretches well into the fall,(or starts again for fall ball) cant help but think that also keeps people away from cajun field for football, especially when the game is moved up earlier in the day. and even if they can get to cajun field in time for a night game, probably not getting there early enough for tailgate
    Fall baseball isn’t really an issue. This weekend was the first real tournament. The issue is soccer and softball. Softball tournaments are just finishing and soccer is almost every weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Fall baseball isn’t really an issue. This weekend was the first real tournament. The issue is soccer and softball. Softball tournaments are just finishing and soccer is almost every weekend.
    fair enough. thanks for clarifying. so similar ballpark of contributing factors.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    fair enough. thanks for clarifying. so similar ballpark of contributing factors.
    Yes. Most of my tailgate crew only made one game because of these factors. That’s about 20 people that couldn’t come tailgate or attend games just in our group. That’s where you’re losing many casual fans. The diehards still attend games after their tournament games but the casual fans won’t show up to Cajun Field after being out in the weather all day.

And volleyball, festivals, cook offs, golf tournaments, skeet shoots, hunting season…a lot going on in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I love the way you cheap folks want to claim spots for free from those who have been loyally buying them for over 25 years now. Been having the same neighbors since mid 90s lets just kick them all out and let a bunch of ya hoos claim it for free. Great business model.
    I haven’t read the entire thread following your response so apologies if I accidentally repeat others.
    But letting others just come in and claim any spots free would be asinine beyond comprehension! Reserved tailgating spots should and must be preserved for those willing to pay the price. IMO reserved spots should also be allowed to setup well ahead of any others. IF free spots would ever be allowed INSIDE the CF fence line it should be game day set up only. Allowing early setup would be a huge slap in the face to those supporting this program with their loyalty and wallets!!
    As others have already stated, this admin has a solid 6 months to fix things, and there’s a WHOLE LOT of things needing significant attention and improvement.

Yes. Most of my tailgate crew only made one game because of these factors. That’s about 20 people that couldn’t come tailgate or attend games just in our group. That’s where you’re losing many casual fans. The diehards still attend games after their tournament games but the casual fans won’t show up to Cajun Field after being out in the weather all day.
    If you ever look for "happenings" around Tiger game days...there are none. They know its a LSU game is peoples priority. Search around when they're away and its a full list. UL has never, ever, positioned being at CF as a priority...when they have (see last years App games) its worked. Thats all due to marketing, getting ahead of the curve with scheduling, etc. 5 Saturdays (and 1 weeknight game) a year. Theres 45 other weekends to get the other stuff done.

11. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Selling unclmed spots isn’t kicking someone out. What price point should be? Should be a bid process starting with a full season to game day only.

Great point by 71, and even weirder that their other events schedule clears up and ours doesnt is that if i am not mistaken our schedule is usually announced sooner

For the record, I’m not all in on free, first come first serve, but will say it’s not the end of the world if the admin decides to try it. Need some shock value to spark interest. Also, whether you want to believe it or not, some of you “30 year loyal fans” will get priced out or hurdled by big money if we do get to the point we want to. Just look back to the point system that had to be implemented for post season tickets because some got their panties in a wad after big money poured in for the access to tickets.

Edit: point is simple economics. Demand is low, supply is high. Lower prices now until demand increases. When that flips and shows sustainment, raise the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    If you ever look for "happenings" around Tiger game days...there are none. They know its a LSU game is peoples priority. Search around when they're away and its a full list. UL has never, ever, positioned being at CF as a priority...when they have (see last years App games) its worked. Thats all due to marketing, getting ahead of the curve with scheduling, etc. 5 Saturdays (and 1 weeknight game) a year. Theres 45 other weekends to get the other stuff done.
    Sounds like your kids were not into these things. There's people missing Tiger games for the same reasons.

Sounds like your kids were not into these things. There's people missing Tiger games for the same reasons.
    Yes, my kids were involved in all of that and more, like Pony Club events...Now, my kids are grown...where they did grow up, 90% of those sorts of things were done on weekday afternoons or Saturday mornings...it was all over by mid day. Again, its about (as much as possible) making a UL game the event of the weekend. I used BR simply as a reference. If I looked hard enough, could probably find a bunch more...I'll never fault parents for missing an event because of a childs game etc. What I will do is call out those who continue to schedule competing events against UL Football. Like I said, 5 Saturdays out of 52 weeks...

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information