Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 237

Thread: Tailgating Discussion

  1. #136
    KajunKrazy is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Because not many people want to PAY hundreds of dollars for the right to cook in a disgusting, empty, hot parking lot, as evidenced over the last few years.
    But keep your ____e atmosphere. It's the worst in the conference as it stands now.
    You are correct. I agree. I have been saying for years there needs to be an area, out side the gates of Cajun field, created for those that want to tailgate for free first come first serve. I also wouldn't have a problem with a price adjustment inside the fence but you can't give that away. No where in America do you have a spot that big that close to the stadium for free. You got to generate money in every way possible.

  2. #137
    KajunKrazy is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    If this was decided and communicated as an attempt to increase attendance, would you pocket the money you pay for the spot or donate it to RCAF?
    I give a donation to the RCAF. That is a donation. I buy separately football tickets, a tailgate spot, parking passes, baseball tickets... I don't see my donation as something that I have to do, to be able to get those other things. So to answer your question my donation will remain my donation and the university just screwed them self out of the 500 dollars for the TG spot that I have purchased since 1996. Plus why would I give that money to have to go and fight for a spot. We send out the company that stores our tent to every game to set it up and take it down they not going out there to fight for a spot for us.

    Any way this is all a moot point I can assure you from a text conversation I had in September that inventory will never be free.

  3. #138

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Have you ever asked Brandon Domingue how many spots were unsold this year? I did back in September. Looking at the text now. There were 10 spots left unsold in TGs 1 and 2. TG4 sold out. So some body is buying them. Well over 80% sell rate in those areas. TG 3 and 5 don't do as well about 50% sold.
    He had sent me the Camper spot lot map 2 days before the first game and approximately 50 were sold out of the 87. So here's my math (RCAF contribution excluded):
    50 @ $1100 = $55,000
    87 @ $800 = $69,600 (suggested MSRP lol) - You've just INCREASED revenue by 14k!
    Advertise at or around KOA, Cajun Palms, etc... letting people know - RV hookups - create the party atmosphere. Get people there and I would bet that people will eventually make their way to the game, not all obviously, but some. "Hey I'm here, I just as soon go to the game". We have enough enough campers in this town to fill that place up 20x over, but people don't want to pay that price, especially with Wed or Thurs night kickoff taking one of the 6 dates we MIGHT have in a year - just my.02

  4. #139

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    You are correct. I agree. I have been saying for years there needs to be an area, out side the gates of Cajun field, created for those that want to tailgate for free first come first serve. I also wouldn't have a problem with a price adjustment inside the fence but you can't give that away. No where in America do you have a spot that big that close to the stadium for free. You got to generate money in every way possible.
    And how’s that working out?

  5. #140
    KajunKrazy is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    And how’s that working out?
    On the first part we don't know because they have never tried to create that atmosphere out side the gates.

    On the 2nd not good because the amenities inside the stadium have run everyone off. It is to easy to watch at home. The problems they have are not in the parking lot. Their problems can only be fixed with a stadium remodel. Fix that and your parking lots and TG will be full again.

  6. #141

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Not good because the amenities inside the stadium have run everyone off. It is to easy to watch at home. The problems they have are not in the parking lot. Their problems can only be fixed with a stadium remodel. Fix that and your parking lots and TG will be full again.
    The casual fan doesn’t care about the condition the stadium is in. If that were the case, fans would have stopped showing up 30 years ago.

  7. #142
    KajunKrazy is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    The casual fan doesn’t care about the condition the stadium is in. If that were the case, fans would have stopped showing up 30 years ago.
    The game day experience today is a 30 years ago game day experience that's the point. Every one else has up graded into the 2020s. Thanks for making my point.

  8. #143

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    The game day experience today is a 30 years ago game day experience that's the point. Every one else has up graded into the 2020s. Thanks for making my point.
    That’s not the reason the casual fans stopped going to the games.

  9. #144

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    That’s not the reason the casual fans stopped going to the games.
    The game day experience is the exact reason folks stop going. If you say it isn't then tell us why.

  10. #145

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    If this was decided and communicated as an attempt to increase attendance, would you pocket the money you pay for the spot or donate it to RCAF?
    I don't always agree with KK but to question what he would do with his money is silly. I have seen him for many years at football and baseball games. He more than does his part.

  11. #146

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by beavis11 View Post
    He had sent me the Camper spot lot map 2 days before the first game and approximately 50 were sold out of the 87. So here's my math (RCAF contribution excluded):
    50 @ $1100 = $55,000
    87 @ $800 = $69,600 (suggested MSRP lol) - You've just INCREASED revenue by 14k!
    Advertise at or around KOA, Cajun Palms, etc... letting people know - RV hookups - create the party atmosphere. Get people there and I would bet that people will eventually make their way to the game, not all obviously, but some. "Hey I'm here, I just as soon go to the game". We have enough enough campers in this town to fill that place up 20x over, but people don't want to pay that price, especially with Wed or Thurs night kickoff taking one of the 6 dates we MIGHT have in a year - just my.02
    MSRP is just that- a suggestion LOL.

  12. #147

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    The game day experience is the exact reason folks stop going. If you say it isn't then tell us why.
    How many times must it be said?

    The money grab from the RCAF and everything it involves.

  13. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BBcajun View Post
    North Endzone parking lot in between the stadium & Congress Street. 3 rows of RV spots with full electrical hookups. 87 spots total
    I feel they should turn this into a year round revenue source.

  14. #149

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I give a donation to the RCAF. That is a donation. I buy separately football tickets, a tailgate spot, parking passes, baseball tickets... I don't see my donation as something that I have to do, to be able to get those other things. So to answer your question my donation will remain my donation and the university just screwed them self out of the 500 dollars for the TG spot that I have purchased since 1996. Plus why would I give that money to have to go and fight for a spot. We send out the company that stores our tent to every game to set it up and take it down they not going out there to fight for a spot for us.

    Any way this is all a moot point I can assure you from a text conversation I had in September that inventory will never be free.
    I think only one person in this thread is advocating for first come first serve free for all. I am aware the athletic department needs to make money, just trying to find the right balance. I think it's worth the discussion to have reduced cost spots in TG3 if there are vacant lots. Maybe discounted rates if you have four season tickets. Or open up Blackham area as a free area like someone else mentioned.

  15. #150

    Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    How many times must it be said?

    The money grab from the RCAF and everything it involves.
    The causal fan doesnt belong to the rcaf or even knows what the rcaf is. So that isn't why they aren't going.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Texas Game Discussion
    By BabbForHeisman in forum FOOTBALL
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2005, 06:30 pm
  2. Interesting Discussion Going On
    By shof in forum Conference Matters
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 22nd, 2005, 09:20 am

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •