Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowl Projections:

Default Re: Bowl Projections:

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    That's a LOT of work, baw.
    Always thankful for Ragin Review always asking questions, and keeping things in front.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    That's a LOT of work, baw.
    and in hindsight seems we were way over charged in that first nola bowl and got really crappy seats

3. Default Re: Bowl Projections:

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    and in hindsight seems we were way over charged in that first nola bowl and got really crappy seats
    You get that with 40,000 tickets sold and a huge chunk of seats promised to the other team as bowl payout.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You get that with 40,000 tickets sold and a huge chunk of seats promised to the other team as bowl payout.
    I had great site lines for the first bowl 300 level which in reality are the most expensive seats in the dome. we were at the top of the section but could look up and watch the monitor from the suite right above us and I was a low priority for that year so I had no complaints about the seats we got the first year

5. Default Re: Bowl Projections:

I'm really hoping we get the Indy Bowl. Looking to bring a group of at least 10 if we do. Even my dad, who doesn't walk well and refuses to use a walker, said that there's no way he's missing the Cajuns in the Independence Bowl. Always nice to turn your Tech grad dad into a Cajuns fan!

Quote Originally Posted by NWLA Cajun View Post
    I'm really hoping we get the Indy Bowl. Looking to bring a group of at least 10 if we do. Even my dad, who doesn't walk well and refuses to use a walker, said that there's no way he's missing the Cajuns in the Independence Bowl. Always nice to turn your Tech grad dad into a Cajuns fan!
    Maybe you have shown him the error of his ways! Nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Probably at the front of the list because of why their game with San Jose State was postponed. Neither team is at fault, just a tragic situation.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Probably at the front of the list because of why their game with San Jose State was postponed. Neither team is at fault, just a tragic situation.
    Good for them. The only team they beat with a pulse was Liberty with freeze out the door, but good for them anyway. I like when independent teams take bowl spots from possible 5-7 teams.

Also we get NMSU at home next year. So all 3 non conf D1 games next year are bowl teams.

Anyone know the situation with app state? They looking for a waiver as well? I believe they got stuck with a second fcs game after Marshall became a conference match up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Anyone know the situation with app state? They looking for a waiver as well? I believe they got stuck with a second fcs game after Marshall became a conference match up.
    I'm sure they're trying to get the waiver. With NMSU, that makes 80 eligible teams for 82 spots.

Buffalo (5-6) should easily beat Akron (2-9) to take spot 81 leaving one spot open for Auburn or the next highest APR rated team.

Even though I normally pull for Army, I don't see them beating Navy to get to 6-6 (waiver still needed). 4 of Army's 5 wins are at home with their only road win over UMASS (1-11). Navy is playing well in their last 3 games.

20-10 loss to Cincy
    35-32 loss to Notre Dame
    17-14 win over UCF

That leaves the Indy Bowl spot open for the Cajuns.

Me like above post!!!!

Good game for an Alumni Bus or two.

Last edited by RedBug58; December 1st, 2022 at 04:05 pm. Reason: Mid spelled

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I'm sure they're trying to get the waiver. With NMSU, that makes 80 eligible teams for 82 spots.

Buffalo (5-6) should easily beat Akron (2-9) to take spot 81 leaving one spot open for Auburn or the next highest APR rated team.

Even though I normally pull for Army, I don't see them beating Navy to get to 6-6 (waiver still needed). 4 of Army's 5 wins are at home with their only road win over UMASS (1-11). Navy is playing well in their last 3 games.

20-10 loss to Cincy
    35-32 loss to Notre Dame
    17-14 win over UCF

That leaves the Indy Bowl spot open for the Cajuns.
    great point… also it says the nmsu waiver allows them in at 5-6. if they still play Valpo (a second fcs) and lose and become 5-7 are they still in or will that makeup game be cancelled?

https://sports.yahoo.com/bowl-projec...062700155.html

Projections are beginning to line up with what we all predicted:
    Here is one on Yahoo sports just posted hours ago:
    Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl
    Friday, December 23, 2022
    TBA, ESPN
    Independence Bowl, Shreveport, LA
    Last Year: UAB 31, BYU 28
    Bowl Ties: American Athletic vs Army
    Bowl Projection: Houston vs Louisiana
    Previous Projection: UCF vs BYU