Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowl Projections:

Default Re: Bowl Projections:

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Status. We’re not that far removed from rankings and ____.
    We’re also not that far removed from 7k on a beautiful Saturday. I know you’re joking but the reality kinda stings

So they finally move new orleans bowl to a more favorable time slot/day and do the opposite to independence bowl, so we become candidates for independence bowl? maybe our mascot should be named Irony

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    So they finally move new orleans bowl to a more favorable time slot/day and do the opposite to independence bowl, so we become candidates for independence bowl? maybe our mascot should be named Irony
    What are you talking about? The Nola bowl was in prime time on Saturday last year the weekend before Christmas. Doesn’t get much better than that.

Indy bowl on Friday before Christmas at 2, pretty good deal there. Most people are off that day and you could drive there and back in same day. Nola is on a Wednesday this year? Not sure you have your info correct

Fair enough, maybe i should have used the term prestigious vice favorable. And I wasnt comparing this year’s NOLA bowl to this year’s Indy, I meant in general compared to other bowls. Comparing each bowl to its own prior dates. Usually NOLA bowl is on first day (not always in the last evening time slot) a lot of other bowls that day, and less time between bowl assignment announcement and game. Now it is pushed back a few days, so maybe more people have time to plan trip, its at night and i believe only game that day.(i.e an improvement) Many associate first day of bowls with less important bowl and probably lower payout. Historically Indy was on New Years Eve, now it isnt, it is earlier, i.e. less time to plan trip, it is a day game, etc, etc etc. Granted being the friday is a plus i overlooked, but in big picture it is a step down for indy to have moved earlier in the bowl season. (but yes granted still better than nola)

but it is ironic that a better record gets us a worse bowl? and worse record gives us a chance at better bowl? although at a risk of missing out completely.

2020 – Army vs. Pac-12
    2021 – BYU vs. C-USA
    2022 – Army vs. AAC
    2023 – BYU vs. Pac-12
    2024 – Army vs. Pac-12
    2025 – BYU vs. C-USA
    Here are some past and future tie ins to the Indy Bowl.
    historically the Indy Bowl will have a better opponent than the NOLA bowl which seems to always have a , but the only reason we are even a possibility is that Army is their automatic Tie in which will not be in a bowl this year.

NOLA bowl almost always has pitted a SBC vs. CUSA (which now sucks) Hopefully the NOLA bowl can get a better bowl tie in on the other side to go against the SBC.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    2020 – Army vs. Pac-12
    2021 – BYU vs. C-USA
    2022 – Army vs. AAC
    2023 – BYU vs. Pac-12
    2024 – Army vs. Pac-12
    2025 – BYU vs. C-USA
    Here are some past and future tie ins to the Indy Bowl.
    historically the Indy Bowl will have a better opponent than the NOLA bowl which seems to always have a , but the only reason we are even a possibility is that Army is their automatic Tie in which will not be in a bowl this year.

NOLA bowl almost always has pitted a SBC vs. CUSA (which now sucks) Hopefully the NOLA bowl can get a better bowl tie in on the other side to go against the SBC.
    If I'm BYU, I'm tearing up that contract after next year. Could you imagine being big 12 champs and having to play Kennesaw State. Lol

If we are bowl eligible, it’ll be Indy bowl. Have that from multiple people

10. Default Re: Bowl Projections:

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    If we are bowl eligible, it’ll be Indy bowl. Have that from multiple people
    But are they important people . . .

Kind of hard to believe they would deny Army a waiver. Disparaging soon to be veterans?
    Also seems MWC has more bowl eligible teams than slots, makes sense to slide Air Force over, they have been there before and opens up more events with the AF base, and they keep the spirit of their tie in the same

Kind of hard to believe they would deny Army a waiver. Disparaging soon to be veterans?
    Also seems MWC has more bowl eligible teams than slots, makes sense to slide Air Force over, they have been there before and opens up more events with the AF base, and they keep the spirit of their tie in the same
    You. Better. Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    You. Better. Stop.
    From the top rope!

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    You. Better. Stop.
    if only you had done that on page three of the tailgate thread we wouldn’t be farther away from a solution.

Since 2011 there have been 17 bowl eligibility waivers approved and I can only find one being denied. The denial was Georgia Southern and soon to be second denial likely is James Madison. Army not in sunbelt so good chance for approval.

Here is the breakdown of approvals:
    P5: 9
    MWC: 4
    CUSA: 3
    American: 1

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information