Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Bowl Projections:

1. Default Re: Bowl Projections:

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    There might have been 22k tickets sold, but no way was there more than 5 k Cajun fans at that game. No way.
    There were more than 12k in red from my vantage on the green side.

Default Re: Bowl Projections:

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    There were more than 12k in red from my vantage on the green side.
    So you're saying there were more people at that game than our last 2 home games? Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …So Doc we’re you wearing Olive green and Blue…How many times did I hear that in the old stadium sung by a chosen co-Ed? My mom loved her Newcomb days as a valedictorian of John McD and daughter of Irish immigrant parents!
    I might wear olive & blue if Tulane is playing State.

Otherwise, I'm a Cajuns fan.

So you're saying there were more people at that game than our last 2 home games? Ok
    Were you there? I was and I believe the announced attendance was closer than what you are saying. The Cajun crowd was also very loud.

Yes, there were more people. 22K in the Superdome doesn't look like many people.

And last year was way off of our usual. UL holds almost all the NO Bowl attendance records.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Were you there? I was and I believe the announced attendance was closer than what you are saying. The Cajun crowd was also very loud.
    Hell yeah, I was there and it was pathetic

Hell yeah, I was there and it was pathetic
    I can't believe he questioned if your was at the game. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Yes, there were more people. 22K in the Superdome doesn't look like many people.

And last year was way off of our usual. UL holds almost all the NO Bowl attendance records.
    Didn’t we outdraw them sugar bowl one year? Or come real close.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    We were 3-4 against teams selected for bowl games. I think.
    Actually 3-5 against bowl teams and 4-5 if you include playoffs. And some wonder why we finished 6-6.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Didn’t we outdraw them sugar bowl one year? Or come real close.
    We came close in 12 the year we played ECU. The sugar bowl was Florida and Louisville. I think they had 55 announced. I was at both games and the 55 was generous.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post

To say there were 12,000 people at the NO bowl last year would be generous. I counted 422 people on the Marshall side & we were forbidden from going up into the upper deck on the UL side, but the usher did a allow me step out & count the crowd on our side. there were 8 let's say older people up there who were allowed to isolate because they were scared of covid. That is a heaping total of 430 people om the Marshall side & our upper deck. There was maybe , maybe 10,000 people total in the lower bowl & around the end zones. If you took the real number & doubled it, then added a few more, I believe you can stretch it to 22,000 people.

12. Default Re: Bowl Projections:

We believe about 50% bought tickets and didn’t go . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    To say there were 12,000 people at the NO bowl last year would be generous. I counted 422 people on the Marshall side & we were forbidden from going up into the upper deck on the UL side, but the usher did a allow me step out & count the crowd on our side. there were 8 let's say older people up there who were allowed to isolate because they were scared of covid. That is a heaping total of 430 people om the Marshall side & our upper deck. There was maybe , maybe 10,000 people total in the lower bowl & around the end zones. If you took the real number & doubled it, then added a few more, I believe you can stretch it to 22,000 people.
    Where you been brah?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Where you been brah?
    The Nola Bowl last year had a little over 20K. I was there. It was a decent loud crowd. Marshall brought a good amount of people as well for being so far away.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread Information