Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowl Projections:

Default Re: Bowl Projections:

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/...=BrettMcMurphy

As many are predicting. Houston vs Louisiana in the Indy bowl still a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Waiting for the ESPN conspiracy against UL response....
    Somehow I feel like ESPN is gonna do us right. I now weird right as I've shi++ed on them in the past. But they've been a huge help in getting our brand established and we have had some sold games on there network. I feel like they would be happy with a match up with Houston in the Indy

https://businessofcollegesports.com/...ayoff-payouts/

Per this link if correct the Indy Bowl by far pays out more than any bowl we have ever been to at least for 2022:

Indy Bowl payout - 2.2 million
    Lending Tree Bowl payout - 1.5 million
    First Responders Bowl payout - 825K
    NOLA Bowl - 825K
    Cure Bowl - 575K

I know the payouts are divided up b/t our SBC members, but I am curious if the school going to the actual bowl gets a higher percentage or if totals are divided evenly in the SBC b/t all the schools for all the bowl payout amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post

Per this link if correct the Indy Bowl by far pays out more than any bowl we have ever been to at least for 2022:

NOLA Bowl - 825K
    Cure Bowl - 575K
    It's easily the most historic and recognizable of the bowls we've been to. When I think of older, minor bowls I think Independence, Liberty, Sun, Holiday, and Tangerine (Citrus).

NOLA Bowl - 825K
    Cure Bowl - 575K

I know the payouts are divided up b/t our SBC members, but I am curious if the school going to the actual bowl gets a higher percentage or if totals are divided evenly in the SBC b/t all the schools for all the bowl payout amounts.
    That would be cool. Independence Bowl has history.

Remember payouts are not guaranteed money. It's based on tickets sold. So, you may make what the bowl payout has listed, but it's doubtful. I remember that the conference used UL's profits from the early New Orleans Bowls when we made money to help the schools that lost on the deal. Conference sharing or something like that. Not sure if they still do that.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    That would be cool. Independence Bowl has history.

Remember payouts are not guaranteed money. It's based on tickets sold. So, you may make what the bowl payout has listed, but it's doubtful. I remember that the conference used UL's profits from the early New Orleans Bowls when we made money to help the schools that lost on the deal. Conference sharing or something like that. Not sure if they still do that.
    certain bowls have been known to lo-ball the payout for replacement teams not in the conference of the original tie-in

7. Default Re: Bowl Projections:

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    certain bowls have been known to lo-ball the payout for replacement teams not in the conference of the original tie-in
    The announced payout is never the payout.

I'm not up on the playoff payout, but once you get past the traditional New Years bowls, the only real payout teams get is how many tickets they are alloted and can sell.

The payout announcement is the value of every ticket allotted.

Hopefully, we get picked soon for either Indy or Nola. We’ve got to make a concerted effort to bring as many people as possible. Let’s do this.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Hopefully, we get picked soon for either Indy or Nola. We’ve got to make a concerted effort to bring as many people as possible. Let’s do this.
    Mobile in the new stadium wouldn't be bad

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    Mobile in the new stadium wouldn't be bad
    That old stadium was a dump for sure in mobile, but the mobile downtown experience was cool. Nice that they have it in the new stadium now.

For those interested in the Independence Bowl. They have a very good website. Gives you an idea on game day activities, tickets and parking.

https://www.radiancetechnologiesinde...bowl.com/game/

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    For those interested in the Independence Bowl. They have a very good website. Gives you an idea on game day activities, tickets and parking.

“Cajun fans dont like info about those things”- signed casual fan and USL administration

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post

Thanks Beau! U n the kneaux! Good stuff. Geaux Cajuns!

Whatever happened to the days when we would put Bowl deposits right after the time that we became bowl eligible to grasp and cash in on the excitement?
    WOW

Also information needs to be put out to not buy tickets directly from the Bowl. Buy them directly from UL from UL's tickets given to them by the bowl.

Whatever happened to the days when we would put Bowl deposits right after the time that we became bowl eligible to grasp and cash in on the excitement?
    WOW
    That's a LOT of work, baw.

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information