Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowl Projections:

Default Re: Bowl Projections:

Would love to see us kick some SMU azz....

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    It’s a little confusing to read lol. I’m thinking he means more probable than not we will be playing in Shreveport against one of those AAC teams.
    No doubt…it was slightly tongue and cheek. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Jay Walker just said on Scott's show that Louisiana will most probably more than not be in the Independence Bowl in Shreveport vs. Houston, SMU, or Memphis. For sure an AAC opponent.
    Selfishly I want us to be in Shreveport on December 23. Because of holidays obligations it's the only date that works for me.

When are bowl matchups announced? Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    It’s a little confusing to read lol. I’m thinking he means more probable than not we will be playing in Shreveport against one of those AAC teams.
    Glad I’m not the only who had to read it several times to decipher! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    We cant get 7K to Lafayette for a game and we could get that easily to North Texas????
    Did you make it to the first responders bowl? 15 to 20k were Cajuns fans. I meet alumni from all over Texas and some from Oklahoma that drove in for the game. A one off event in Dallas is not the same as a regular season games.

Was talking to a southern grad last time we played them. I ask how com they get so many more people at battle of the bayou and in Cajunfield than they do at their home games. His answer. They love big events.

That's true for most of country. Big time P5 know how to make it an event. We still have to learn it here

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    When are bowl matchups announced? Sunday?
    Some of the smaller bowls are already leaking out their match ups but I would assume most would be announced after the conference championship games are finished

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Did you make it to the first responders bowl? 15 to 20k were Cajuns fans. I meet alumni from all over Texas and some from Oklahoma that drove in for the game. A one off event in Dallas is not the same as a regular season games.

Was talking to a southern grad last time we played them. I ask how com they get so many more people at battle of the bayou and in Cajunfield than they do at their home games. His answer. They love big events.

That's true for most of country. Big time P5 know how to make it an event. We still have to learn it here
    The problem is we are not P5 or big time.

Shreveport is a 7hour drive for me, thats a lot right before Christmas

Shreveport is 2.25 hours for me. Already off for Christmas that Friday. Gonna be an easy drive there and back on I49! For a day game! Hopefully our south LA, central LA to North LA alumni make the easy drive !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Shreveport is 2.25 hours for me. Already off for Christmas that Friday. Gonna be an easy drive there and back on I49! For a day game! Hopefully our south LA, central LA to North LA alumni make the easy drive !!!!
    And DFW as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    And DFW as well.
    NE Texas Alumni, South Arkansas alumni as well!

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    The problem is we are not P5 or big time.
    Doesn't cost a lot to look big time, but it does take EFFORT!!

Just weird. Seasons of going 11-3, 10-1 and ranked, and 13-1 and ranked, yet our opponents were Miami-Ohio, UTSA (which ended up being a program on the rise big time), and Marshall.

Now, after a 6-6 season, we could end up with someone like Memphis, UCF or Houston, who are headed for the Big 12.

New Orleans bowl Wednesday night at 9:00. Oh my. Hope we don't go there.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information