Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowl Projections:

Default Re: Bowl Projections:

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmole View Post
    Seems like ESPN is putting the Cajuns in Mobile, Lending Tree Bowl vs. Bowling
    Green. (Saturday, December 17 at 4:45). Also reported on KATC - 3 last night.

I did see another site having us vs. Memphis in Shreveport?? and yet another having us vs. North Texas in NOLA Bowl.

Sounds like a "whole lotta of guessing going on".
    In terms of matchups, the Lending Tree vs. a 6-6 MAC team is better if you want to have a better shot at finishing with a win. Also, Saturday is easier for travel. But you'll be lost in that full slate of December 17th games. Altogether, I think that's a pretty uninspiring option as the MAC has really no appeal down here.

Indy bowl would mean a tougher matchup if the AAC puts a team in, but it's not really going to compete with other games that day and it's closer. Albeit on a weekday, but with the holidays it shouldn't be too bad. It would be a change to a bowl that we've never been to and the opponent should be better.

NO Bowl on a Wednesday night wouldn't be bad. You'd play Conference DOA. You'd expect a lot of "been there, done that" comments, but I love the New Orleans Bowl.

I've also seen us predicted to go to the Frisco Bowl vs. San Jose State and the Gasparilla bowl. Forgot who that was against.

It'll be a dart throw until this Sunday, probably.

Scotsman, Indy Bowl is Friday 12/23 at 2pm.

Patience, we’re going bowling. Things looked awful dim a month or so back. CMD has a notch in his own belt now to use on the recruiting trail.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Scotsman, Indy Bowl is Friday 12/23 at 2pm.
    Oh, you're right. ESPN has it on their bowl schedule for the 22nd.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    In terms of matchups, the Lending Tree vs. a 6-6 MAC team is better if you want to have a better shot at finishing with a win. Also, Saturday is easier for travel. But you'll be lost in that full slate of December 17th games. Altogether, I think that's a pretty uninspiring option as the MAC has really no appeal down here.

Indy bowl would mean a tougher matchup if the AAC puts a team in, but it's not really going to compete with other games that day and it's closer. Albeit on a weekday, but with the holidays it shouldn't be too bad. It would be a change to a bowl that we've never been to and the opponent should be better.

NO Bowl on a Wednesday night wouldn't be bad. You'd play Conference DOA. You'd expect a lot of "been there, done that" comments, but I love the New Orleans Bowl.

I've also seen us predicted to go to the Frisco Bowl vs. San Jose State and the Gasparilla bowl. Forgot who that was against.

Still curious to see how it will shake out with Army not playing until Dec. 10. Will the Indy bowl wait til then to see if they win and get the waiver?

I would love to see the Cajuns in the Frisco Bowl.

I've recently encountered a lot of people in Plano, Frisco, Prosper, & McKinney, all wearing Cajuns gear.

Mudbugs of Frisco has a large Ragins Cajuns flag in their restaurant.

Toyota Stadium has a capacity of 20K. That place gets loud for FC Dallas and high school games. We could easily bring 7K-10K Cajuns fans to North Dallas on a weekend.

Lots to do.
    - The Star
    - Legacy West
    - Grandscapes in The Colony
    - Main St in Frisco
    - Texas High School Foorball State Championships @ Jerry World. Former Cajuns CB Kyle Ward is the DC for South Oak Cliff. They have good chance of winning state again this year.
    - Dallas Mavs (12/16/22)

Oh, you're right. ESPN has it on their bowl schedule for the 22nd.
    ruh-roh

7-10k? The last two home games didn't (in reality) come close to those numbers...2500 to 4K maybe...But that's just me...you may be right...

9. Default Re: Bowl Projections:

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    7-10k? The last two home games didn't (in reality) come close to those numbers...2500 to 4K maybe...But that's just me...you may be right...
    when 45,000 went to NO for a couple of our bowl games there, the lions share were Cajun fans and we were not putting close to that in CF . . .

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Bowl Projections:

I just have 2 words for ALL of you:

GEAUX NAVY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    when 45,000 went to NO for a couple of our bowl games there, the lions share were Cajun fans and we were not putting close to that in CF . . .
    rcaf needs to be putting out emails for preregistration for tickets for every person on the email list

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    I just have 2 words for ALL of you:

GEAUX NAVY!!!
    apparently navy has dropped out of this year’s contest and space force will take the field

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ts-midshipmen/

13. Default Re: Bowl Projections:

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    rcaf needs to be putting out emails for preregistration for tickets for every person on the email list
    An email that has a click quantity, click buy button.

ESPN isn't stupid, they will try to keep teams in a regional bowl for ticket sales. It's more than likely it will come down to Mobile or Shreveport. The New Orleans Bowl will likely go get Troy or Coastal. NO is not entirely out of the question, but unlikely in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmole View Post
    Seems like ESPN is putting the Cajuns in Mobile, Lending Tree Bowl vs. Bowling
    Green. (Saturday, December 17 at 4:45).....
    Ugghhhh....freakin' MAC schools.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information