Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana 36, Georgia Southern 17

1. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 36, Georgia Southern 17

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I wish Acadiana cared about the Cajuns.
    ……This post is the most concerning of any on here ever!!!! No kidding, with the talk of culture etc, we don’t back our heritage or geographical homes…… maybe the past signs of “Proud Coon Ass” should come back……WE ARE THE RAGIN’ CAJUNS and UL is OUR team…..support it!

2. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 36, Georgia Southern 17

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Is there a replay of the game? I thought it was on ESPN+ but can't find it.
    It was on the Duce. Anytime we get a midweek game it’s on a cable channel. I say that because some have been on the NFL network. Finally if you don’t know which ESPN channel you can always stream it on the SBC ESPN site under SBC heading

Default Re: Final: Louisiana 36, Georgia Southern 17

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It's 100% on Product then Promotion followed by Practicality.

Awareness, Acceptance and Accessibility are all on the administration.
    100%

4. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 36, Georgia Southern 17

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I’ve seen the process of determining the box score attendance. It’s not exactly a scientific process
    If you’ve seen it and it’s not very scientific please describe what you saw and understood.

5. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 36, Georgia Southern 17

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I wish Acadiana cared about the Cajuns.
    The "administration" has not bothered to market to "Acadiana" in years .

I have deduced that this is about to change with a tour.

The "administration" has not bothered to market to "Acadiana" in years .

I have deduced that this is about to change with a tour.
    Hope so, but I'm gonna disagree with the constant blaming of the administration.

Remember Bayou Super Fest in.....Baton Rouge?

Thousands of people from this area made the pilgrimage to refineryville to see their favorite C&W stars.

Catch was that those very stars were contractually prohibited from appearing anywhere close to refineryville. So rather than telling the folks on the other side of the basin to go sod themselves, we not only happily took our money to another city, but we double down by sacrificing any performances at the Cajundome.

We've done this to ourselves for years, and not just at Cajun Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Hope so, but I'm gonna disagree with the constant blaming of the administration.

Remember Bayou Super Fest in.....Baton Rouge?

Thousands of people from this area made the pilgrimage to refineryville to see their favorite C&W stars.

Catch was that those very stars were contractually prohibited from appearing anywhere close to refineryville. So rather than telling the folks on the other side of the basin to go sod themselves, we not only happily took our money to another city, but we double down by sacrificing any performances at the Cajundome.

We've done this to ourselves for years, and not just at Cajun Field.
    None of this changes the fact that the administration has fallen well short of expectations. Control the controllable.

8. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 36, Georgia Southern 17

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Not since the State sued Authement to appoint an Athletic Director and the courts forcing him from acting in that role has the administration handcuffed the athletic dept.

Second place might go to Authement sending his numbers guy David Walker from Martin Hall to Reinhart Dr.

Pulling Maggard from Reinhart TO Martin Hall is the other side of same coin type of play.

Administration, administration, administration.

jmo

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    It's not about being happy, it's about accepting mediocrity. If you or anyone thinks 11K is decent you are brain dead. Poor facilities, Poor Game Day experience, Poor opponent equals 11K! Administration is not doing enough to generate excitement and create an atmosphere for the casual fan to want to go to a game. You can't keep blaming the world series, LSPOO, or other outside forces. Those will never go away so you have to figure out how to make your product appealing despite those outside forces and that's the administration's job. Which they are failing at.
    Exactly. 100% The Administrations decisions causing the low attendance. Delaying the Reno of CF will only delay any improvement. The coaching decision is done and we will reap the consequences, good or bad for years to come. You will not see people buy into the program until they are seeing actual results. Mediocre team play, poor opponents that nobody knows, and pathetic gameday atmosphere is what we have and you can't shame people to want to go. There has to be a draw, reason to be there. Just being supportive of the team is not good enough, people want to be entertained.

Not since the State sued Authement to appoint an Athletic Director and the courts forcing him from acting in that role has the administration handcuffed the athletic dept.

Second place might go to Authement sending his numbers guy David Walker from Martin Hall to Reinhart Dr.

Pulling Maggard from Reinhart TO Martin Hall is the other side of same coin type of play.

Administration, administration, administration.

jmo
    Micromanage
    Micromanage
    Micromanage

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Exactly. 100% The Administrations decisions causing the low attendance. Delaying the Reno of CF will only delay any improvement. The coaching decision is done and we will reap the consequences, good or bad for years to come. You will not see people buy into the program until they are seeing actual results. Mediocre team play, poor opponents that nobody knows, and pathetic gameday atmosphere is what we have and you can't shame people to want to go. There has to be a draw, reason to be there. Just being supportive of the team is not good enough, people want to be entertained.
    Spot on!

What were we doing in Hud’s first couple years that we aren’t doing now? We were bringing in 25,000 to 30,000 then.

13. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 36, Georgia Southern 17

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    What were we doing in Hud’s first couple years that we aren’t doing now? We were bringing in 25,000 to 30,000 then.
    Going to games . . .

With an even worse game day experience. I blame a lot of things but ever since games have been available on ESPN+, attendance has slowly dipped. I wish they could Blackout the Acadiana area on game days.

People felt invited to the games. I mean, seriously…that’s it.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information