Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana 36, Georgia Southern 17

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Bullet View Post
    You can't satisfy some of these Rhodes Scholar Football Professors regardless of what the Cajuns do! They know it all!
    As do the people who call them out I guess...

Default Re: Final: Louisiana 36, Georgia Southern 17

11k is terrible but given the fact that we had less than 8k on Saturday. Over 3k more on a mid week coming off a disappointing loss with basically all hope lost for season (yes I know we just need to beat Texas state to be bowl eligible) is a decent start.

I'm disappointed in the crowd but I really hope the university learned something and they need to get off their hands next year. Students actually responded as there was decent bit more than the previous games that occurred on a damn Saturday.

You got that right Boss Man!

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Don’t forget that we were going up against the lsu Alabama game AND the Astros World Series game to win the World Series this past Saturday. Last night was a week night game with a losing record. But looking forward to next season!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    11k is terrible but given the fact that we had less than 8k on Saturday. Over 3k more on a mid week coming off a disappointing loss with basically all hope lost for season (yes I know we just need to beat Texas state to be bowl eligible) is a decent start.

I'm disappointed in the crowd but I really hope the university learned something and they need to get off their hands next year. Students actually responded as there was decent bit more than the previous games that occurred on a damn Saturday.
    I'm still trying to figure out how lack of attendance is all on the administration? You can't talk people into coming to games. The reason or attendance was Baldwin level last week was because of LSU plain and simple. We've seen this for years. It started with thousands showing up all day to tailgate only to watch the LSU game outside at their spot or just going home to watch with friends. The fact that we're down and many are skeptical of the coaching decision has only added to that apathy. I don't think there is any trick the administration can do to get people into the stands.

Watched the game with a coworker on the road who has not ever seen a Cajuns game. His words, “that crowd is pathetic.”

He was a college athlete and he then said he felt bad for the players.

I’ve seen the process of determining the box score attendance. It’s not exactly a scientific process

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I must admit other than the shuffling of the defense on the first touchdown we have called a good game on both sides of the ball. The coaching staff has really shown improvement to me congratulations all around. Two weeks in a row the running game has a pulse.
    To build off of your comment about the shuffling, gaso had another late sub that the refs either didn't see or just didn’t care. We should have been given more time to sub our defensive personnel. The defense gives up some head scratchers at times but overall they are good. They are very good when the offense does what they did last night.

I just wish we had found some consistency as we are 10 games in and you never know what offense is gonna show up. Offensive line and run game has improved tremendously over the last few weeks. Ben is good when given time but he also doesn’t get helped with all the drops. Would have liked to turn some of those field goals into touchdowns.

Honestly I wasn’t expecting that kind of game last night and I’m extremely happy to be wrong. Finish the season strong boys. Go shock the world.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how lack of attendance is all on the administration? You can't talk people into coming to games. The reason or attendance was Baldwin level last week was because of LSU plain and simple. We've seen this for years. It started with thousands showing up all day to tailgate only to watch the LSU game outside at their spot or just going home to watch with friends. The fact that we're down and many are skeptical of the coaching decision has only added to that apathy. I don't think there is any trick the administration can do to get people into the stands.
    Our promotions were horrible in the 10 months between the end of last season and Tuesday of this week. We have completely alienated our students and our game day operations continue to blow chunks. I took a couple pictures last night that highlight our inability to accommodate a crowd (even one of only 11.5) and give people a great experience. The admin need not focus on blame for the attendance issue. They need to focus on controlling the controllable. The way we operate matters. The way we treat our students and student organizations matter. The way we promote matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Square Head View Post
    You got that right Boss Man!
    Hey Square Head, If we win one more game, and If we happen to go to the Indy Bowl, we would like you and your lovely wife to stay at our camp for the Bowl game. In fact, our wives don’t even have to go to the game! They can stay at the camp and cook gumbo!!

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Attendance was much better than I thought it would be.

Some people just cant be happy.
    It's not about being happy, it's about accepting mediocrity. If you or anyone thinks 11K is decent you are brain dead. Poor facilities, Poor Game Day experience, Poor opponent equals 11K! Administration is not doing enough to generate excitement and create an atmosphere for the casual fan to want to go to a game. You can't keep blaming the world series, LSPOO, or other outside forces. Those will never go away so you have to figure out how to make your product appealing despite those outside forces and that's the administration's job. Which they are failing at.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    To build off of your comment about the shuffling, gaso had another late sub that the refs either didn't see or just didn’t care. We should have been given more time to sub our defensive personnel.
    Thanks for the explanation. I was curious. Des was giving the officials hell all the way up until the ensuing kickoff.

The attendance issue has been analyzed to death. It's disappointing from a community standpoint. It's maddening from an administration standpoint. No doubt the worst average we've had many, many years. The team deserves better. Make changes and do better next year. Everyone.

Regarding the game....well done. It was a scary matchup considering the opponent and our propensity to only play 1 half of football. The team played well in all phases. The coaches had everyone prepared and called a great game. It was fun to watch and a good way to close out the home slate and send the seniors off.

Not sure what will happen against FSU. That's a lagniappe game. I think we can win, but realistically you're looking at the last game against TXST for a bowl game. With a loss in one of the next 2 games, the Bobcats will be out of the picture of a bowl. Again. And I can imagine Spavital will have a foot and a half out the door.

13. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 36, Georgia Southern 17

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how lack of attendance is all on the administration?
    It's 100% on Product then Promotion followed by Practicality.

Awareness, Acceptance and Accessibility are all on the administration.

14. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 36, Georgia Southern 17

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It's 100% on Product then Promotion followed by Practicality.

Awareness, Acceptance and Accessibility are all on the administration.
    So we need another PPP loan to make a 4.0 A A A?

15. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 36, Georgia Southern 17

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So we need another PPP loan to make a 4.0 A A A?
    Nice.

I wish I had gotten one when I could. Could use the current cash flow for less pressing needs.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information