Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Amy Armstrong - New AVP Alumni Affairs / CEO of the Alumni Association

1. Default Re: Amy Armstrong - New AVP Alumni Affairs / CEO of the Alumni Association

I will not support any organization or person who promotes UL Lafayette Period!!!!

Default Re: Amy Armstrong - New AVP Alumni Affairs / CEO of the Alumni Association

seems hard to believe they (or RCAF) can ever seek true separation if their job title is split that way. Who would be willing to give up salary/retirement benefits to accomplish the goal?

Default Re: Amy Armstrong - New AVP Alumni Affairs / CEO of the Alumni Association

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    I will not support any organization or person who promotes UL Lafayette Period!!!!
    This. I’m in your corner.

It’s past time to drop the “at Lafayette” joke.

AA publications…if we’re receiving a mailer or document, we know where the university is located. We went to school there.

Same goes with press releases. You’re releasing it from Lafayette, Louisiana. People know where you are. Now our local media, they’d read instructions for boiling water if UL gave it as a press release. Kill the “at Lafayette.”

The Vermilion is so important in changing the mindset yet they print “at Lafayette”; what other city does the publication reflect and where is their market? I find it insulting to their market, like they don’t know better.

Leadership. It’s absolutely cringe worthy to hear UL staff during freshman orientation using ULL and/or at Lafayette. When on this site the phrase “USLing it” is used, there it is. Lack of single messaging throughout the organization. To initiate change, it starts at the top. There are countless “University of Louisiana at Lafayette (fill in the group) university sponsored pages. My goodness, is leadership from within that not on board?

Everyone knows this would be a long row to hoe for the generic name change. We know the perceived political hurdles. But I NEVER thought our biggest roadblock would be from within.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    This. I’m in your corner.

It’s past time to drop the “at Lafayette” joke.

AA publications…if we’re receiving a mailer or document, we know where the university is located. We went to school there.

Same goes with press releases. You’re releasing it from Lafayette, Louisiana. People know where you are. Now our local media, they’d read instructions for boiling water if UL gave it as a press release. Kill the “at Lafayette.”

The Vermilion is so important in changing the mindset yet they print “at Lafayette”; what other city does the publication reflect and where is their market? I find it insulting to their market, like they don’t know better.

Leadership. It’s absolutely cringe worthy to hear UL staff during freshman orientation using ULL and/or at Lafayette. When on this site the phrase “USLing it” is used, there it is. Lack of single messaging throughout the organization. To initiate change, it starts at the top. There are countless “University of Louisiana at Lafayette (fill in the group) university sponsored pages. My goodness, is leadership from within that not on board?

Everyone knows this would be a long row to hoe for the generic name change. We know the perceived political hurdles. But I NEVER thought our biggest roadblock would be from within.
    It always has been. The fox lives in the hen house

5. Default Re: Amy Armstrong - New AVP Alumni Affairs / CEO of the Alumni Association

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    It always has been. The fox lives in the hen house
    A fox she is not.

Agreed. The only time @ Lafayette should be used, and used one time, is on press releases and official documents concerning the university. That is proper to do by all measures. Afterwards though, lets start using Louisiana or UL, that's proper as well. Many times I've seen press releases from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, then refered to as either UNC or NC in the body of the academic press release.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Agreed. The only time @ Lafayette should be used, and used one time, is on press releases and official documents concerning the university. That is proper to do by all measures. Afterwards though, lets start using Louisiana or UL, that's proper as well. Many times I've seen press releases from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, then refered to as either UNC or NC in the body of the academic press release.
    There is a much simpler way to do this with consistency. The official shield and logo has the name right in it. Put it on the header of the document.

Vermilion, sub header of front page “the official newspaper of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.” And no where else.

The majority of the people this ____es off were around in ‘84. Needs to generically happen soon. Otherwise, this joke will go on forever, or sadly the UL movement will be forgotten.

Change the mindset.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    An outsider to promote the AA. I give her two years and she's out.

Let’s give her a chance to prove herself before giving up on her!

10. Default Re: Amy Armstrong - New AVP Alumni Affairs / CEO of the Alumni Association

She loves football, I'm anxious to see more integration.

11. Default Re: Amy Armstrong - New AVP Alumni Affairs / CEO of the Alumni Association

West U or anyone else with knowledge

What are the plans for busses and/or AA tailgate in Shreveport?

12. Default Re: Amy Armstrong - New AVP Alumni Affairs / CEO of the Alumni Association

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    West U or anyone else with knowledge

What are the plans for busses and/or AA tailgate in Shreveport?
    If you haven't already received an email about this, you should tomorrow. Ticket prices are $40/person for tailgate only, $100/person for bus + tailgate, $150/person for bus + tailgate + game ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by WestUCajun View Post
    If you haven't already received an email about this, you should tomorrow. Ticket prices are $40/person for tailgate only, $100/person for bus + tailgate, $150/person for bus + tailgate + game ticket.
    If you don't mind me asking, where is the Ag building? The event Brite listing has the address as Hudson street but if you Google map it with Hudson Ave it's the east parking lots.

The closest building is the Ag commercial building on Pershing but that's where the Houston Cougars are having their event. Then there's the Ag center that's a block away but that's on Andrew Q street and next to the white lot. Just asking cause I wanna be close and not have to walk too far. I'm getting fat and lazy as I get older. Lol

14. Default Re: Amy Armstrong - New AVP Alumni Affairs / CEO of the Alumni Association

I think it is the building (with 2 dormers above an entrance) that is shown on Google Maps on Hudson St along the tree line just to the side of the Hirsch Memorial Coliseum. If that is it, the walk to the stadium is about 1/4 mile. If I find out something different, I will repost.

Quote Originally Posted by WestUCajun View Post
    I think it is the building (with 2 dormers above an entrance) that is shown on Google Maps on Hudson St along the tree line just to the side of the Hirsch Memorial Coliseum. If that is it, the walk to the stadium is about 1/4 mile. If I find out something different, I will repost.
    Ok. I'll wait to buy my parking pass Thanks in advance

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information