Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cajun Softball in the Community

UL Softball Cajun Softball in the Community

The Cajun softball team spent some time with the reaching in red program going to schools and getting out into the community. That is how you build fans for life at a young age. Nice work girls.

https://twitter.com/RaginCajunsSB/st...fUxMv8Tf1qbDbA

Default Re: Cajun Softball in the Community

Good job young ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Good job young ladies!
    Maybe the football operations can take notice.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Maybe the football operations can take notice.
    All our athletes do community service things. The men's basketball team recently spent time in a retirement home. Football does lots of things like this in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    All our athletes do community service things. The men's basketball team recently spent time in a retirement home. Football does lots of things like this in the summer.
    I understand but doing it during the summer isn't going to get school kids to attend games. Another plan of attack is needed.

6. Default Re: Cajun Softball in the Community

I understand but doing it during the summer isn't going to get school kids to attend games. Another plan of attack is needed.
    Great point, timing is everything.

You don't know that they didn't. There were athletes in probably every elementary school this week, participating in the Reading in Red program. Softball is the only program I see being recognized but other sports teams participated.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    You don't know that they didn't. There were athletes in probably every elementary school this week, participating in the Reading in Red program. Softball is the only program I see being recognized but other sports teams participated.
    You wouldn’t know unless you were there. The whole point is promotion which is what this department severely lacks in.

Did football participate? Please inform us of all the teams that did participate. If they were there then they did a poor job letting folks know they they were there.

Did football participate? If they were there then they did a poor job letting folks know they they were there.
    I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this, just saying other sports' players participated. Not dissing softball but if you are doing something good just to get noticed, aren't you missing the point of doing something good?

Keep in mind, our athletic teams lead the SB conference in community involvment, and its not even close.

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this, just saying other sports' players participated. Not dissing softball but if you are doing something good just to get noticed, aren't you missing the point of doing something good?

Keep in mind, our athletic teams lead the SB conference in community involvment, and its not even close.
    What other sports participated? You said others did. Once again your missing the point, the lack of promotion which is why we get 4500 folks to a D1 football game.

Service to others isn’t about marketing, thou it can be seen by some that way. For example, I don’t envision the retirement home crowd to show up at any games.

True service is never about the servants, those with a servant’s heart.

14. Default Re: Cajun Softball in the Community

I don’t believe this is anything more than getting recognized for doing a good thing. That’s no little thing regardless of the motivation.

My former employer used to get gobbs of praise for community outreach. The outreach was employees being leveraged into giving up a day of their weekend time off to make this regional Vice president look good. Ultimately that’s between him and God. Does being leveraged diminish the labor given by employees. Not IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Service to others isn’t about marketing, thou it can be seen by some that way. For example, I don’t envision the retirement home crowd to show up at any games.

True service is never about the servants, those with a servant’s heart.
    Hitting up schools and getting the Cajun name out is huge. They talk about it and parents will bring them to games. Getting kids to be a fan at a young age is huge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information