Thread: Ragin Cajun for life.

Default Ragin Cajun for life.

Ragin Cajun For Life…

My diploma is a sacred object, it took me years to obtain. I’m proud to be a graduate of the University of Louisiana (or SLI, USL etc). My years at this university are valued beyond belief, as are the friendships I made and still maintain are, as the memories are as well. I chose to be a Ragin Cajun for life when I signed on for classes, when I flunked out, when I came back, and when I graduated. When you sign up at this university, you’re signing up to be a Ragin Cajun for life.

Graduating from this University has helped me secure professional positions allowing me to make more money than anyone in my family before me. It is a part of my personality, my being, my self-awareness.

If you’re not all in with this University and most of all what it offers, both in the classroom and outside of the classroom, you’re not all in. You’re cheating yourself and the people who are paying for your education. Harsh to say, but if you can’t be all in, then leave. Sure, I’ll watch those other state schools with some passing interest, no matter the sport. But I won’t attend those events, because to do so would make me a hypocrite. I would be turning my back on who I am, a Ragin Cajun for life. It’s personal, it’s something I’m proud of…being a Ragin Cajun for life…

Do I get disappointed with my university and its athletics? Yep, that’s part of the buy in. And being so allows me to speak without shame or fear. However, when the university has no transparency, then are they serious about moving forward in both Academics or Athletics? Has the university gone so far as to monetize everything associated with it? Is it about them or is it about the people who have decided to be Ragin Cajun for life? Decisions have consequences. And those consequential decisions are now coming home to roost, for the better or not. Accountability is going to be a difficult pill to swallow.

Default Re: Ragin Cajun for life.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Ragin Cajun For Life…

My diploma is a sacred object, it took me years to obtain. I’m proud to be a graduate of the University of Southwestern Louisiana (or SLI, UL, etc). My years at this university are valued beyond belief, as are the friendships I made and still maintain are, as the memories are as well. I chose to be a Ragin Cajun for life when I signed on for classes, when I flunked out, when I came back, and when I graduated. When you sign up at this university, you’re signing up to be a Ragin Cajun for life.

Graduating from this University has helped me secure professional positions allowing me to make more money than anyone in my family before me. It is a part of my personality, my being, my self-awareness.

If you’re not all in with this University and most of all what it offers, both in the classroom and outside of the classroom, you’re not all in. You’re cheating yourself and the people who are paying for your education. Harsh to say, but if you can’t be all in, then leave. Sure, I’ll watch those other state schools with some passing interest, no matter the sport. But I won’t attend those events, because to do so would make me a hypocrite. I would be turning my back on who I am, a Ragin Cajun for life. It’s personal, it’s something I’m proud of…being a Ragin Cajun for life…

Do I get disappointed with my university and its athletics? Yep, that’s part of the buy in. And being so allows me to speak without shame or fear. However, when the university has no transparency, then are they serious about moving forward in both Academics or Athletics? Has the university gone so far as to monetize everything associated with it? Is it about them or is it about the people who have decided to be Ragin Cajun for life? Decisions have consequences. And those consequential decisions are now coming home to roost, for the better or not. Accountability is going to be a difficult pill to swallow.
    I've never, ever said this, but here goes

"Word."

3. Default Re: Ragin Cajun for life.

If you still say you graduated from USL, you are out of touch.

Do you introduce your wife by her maiden name? (Napoleonic code freaks aside) Do you?

The name of the school is Louisiana and it goes back to 1898.

4. Default Re: Ragin Cajun for life.

So, when you have a degree from Louisiana and a post graduate degree from LSU (which is most likely the one which you have a career and made you money) like it appears LouisianaB does, how do you write this preamble for two schools and hold to each?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If you still say you graduated from USL, you are out of touch.

Do you introduce your wife by her maiden name? (Napoleonic code freaks aside) Do you?

The name of the school is Louisiana and it goes back to 1898.
    I did, in parenthesesand leave my wife out of this.she graduated from UNCG.

6. Default Re: Ragin Cajun for life.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So, when you have a degree from Louisiana and a post graduate degree from LSU (which is most likely the one which you have a career and made you money) like it appears LouisianaB does, how do you write this preamble for two schools and hold to each?
    Use their "FULL" current name.

But if you are not rambling or preambling it's "Louisiana" and wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Use their "FULL" current name.

But if you are not rambling or preambling it's "Louisiana" and wherever.
    There, I changed it.so leave me alone.

To each his ownno swinging allowed.

I think in most cases people tend to pledge allegiance to their undergrad school because it is typically where they are most involved in the party scene, student organizations, student clubs, and extracurricular activities such as sporting events. In many cases it is also where people meet their life long friends and spouse. And if you happen to be a student athlete that goes to grad school elsewhere for obvious reasons you would align with your undergrad. Not saying it is the case 100% just my experience with people I know. I know several people who went to LSU for an undergrad and got an MBA from UL and they don't give a rats @$$ about UL.

Thread Information