Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Football championship banner/flag

UL Football Football championship banner/flag

No football championship banner but I’m surprised with the R-1 banner hanging up in the Cajundome hasn’t been mentioned yet.

Never, ever seen that in a basketball arena.

2. Default Re: Football championship banner/flag

I can't remember if it was after win one or win two early this football season, that Michael Desormeaux was downplaying the accomplishments of last years team as far as connecting it to this year's team.

It makes me wonder if his desire to separate the two, ultimatly led to the lack of recognition.

The silence is huge mistake from every angle.

Default Re: Football championship banner/flag

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I can't remember if it was after win one or win two early this football season, that Michael Desormeaux was downplaying the accomplishments of last years team as far as connecting it to this year's team.

It makes me wonder if his desire to separate the two, ultimatly led to the lack of recognition.

Should of been done the first game, absolute no brainer.

The R-1 banner comes off as small time. Like our next home opponent, Ruston, gives a flip.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Yet, Saturday the point was made several times that this senior class was a huge part of the most successful four years Ragin' Cajun Football has ever experienced.

Seems inconsistent with your theory/conspiracy.

Let's just chalk it up to the incompetance and lack of attention to detail that seems to be flowing out of the Athletic department. It's such a huge oversight, there are no wordsit's a insult to everyone in football, fans included.Of course, since they wouldn't have a sponsor for it (they've sold each and everything associated with a football game) then why do it, right Brian Maggard.its all about the money anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    No football championship banner but I’m surprised with the R-1 banner hanging up in the Cajundome hasn’t been mentioned yet.

Isnt graduation held at cajundome? seems appropriate to have an R1 banner at graduation. now to nickpick as to whether it needs to keep getting pulled up and down i am indifferent as to that. but taking it down each time could risk damage and/or misplacing it prior to the next graduation

What university doesn't want to hang a banner or plaster an accomplishment on their stadium? How this has not been done is so confusing. You'd think the first game of the season they'd have the conference championship trophy in the stadium for people to take pictures with. You advertise the hell out of that stuff.

This is such a bad fumble by Maggard, it should show up in the season turnover stats.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    This is such a bad fumble by Maggard, it should show up in the season turnover stats.
    Why wasnt more made about a football banner (or lack there of) sooner? Not sure ive seen a football banner in other stadiums though? Where should it be, how many others are there?

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Isnt graduation held at cajundome? seems appropriate to have an R1 banner at graduation. now to nickpick as to whether it needs to keep getting pulled up and down i am indifferent as to that. but taking it down each time could risk damage and/or misplacing it prior to the next graduation
    Understand your point.

No different than running a championship banner at CF…lol.

Understand your point.

No different than running a championship banner at CF…lol.
    Now as far as the statue for most wins by a coach in sunbelt history, that should certainly be in the quad, not the cajundome. Although those in favor of roof of Martin Hall could make a sound argument

Basketball has a banner for a buy-in tournament. Yet football won its first outright championship in 52 years . nothing

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Both our basketball teams have banners for multiple buy-in tournaments. Yet football won its first outright championship in 52 years . nothing
    FIFY.

You are correct.

where is that banner for title from 52 years ago?

There is no banner of any sorts with anything to do with FB at CF. There is some paint on the concrete beams between seats and concessions mentioning it.You'll have to look up and then start running into people.As far as sooner, its been mentioned on and off this board as well as RR for a good while now. It's gotten comical.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information