Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Football championship banner/flag

Default Re: Football championship banner/flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    It isn't about intimidation dumb dumb. It's about the pride of ownership of excellence. You don't put banners in stadiums to scare other people. You put them in places of respect. To be honored by your future players, fans & coaches. If the reaction by those players & coaches is right, they will do the intimidating.
    I never said it wasn't about pride. I also never said a banner intimidates players. Go back and read what others said and my response. I know VObserver gave you some good strategy advice last night. Geaux Cajuns. When you want to come to a softball game with us let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Excuse me, but doesn't the school across the basin have something called "The Intimidator" ?

Attachment 17013
    Your correct nobody has won a game at that place since the sign went up. It didn't intimidate Stony Brook.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    These are some damn good looking Championship Banners too.
    Nice! Did you photo shop that?

4. Default Re: Football championship banner/flag

It isn't about intimidation dumb dumb. It's about the pride of ownership of excellence. You don't put banners in stadiums to scare other people. You put them in places of respect. To be honored by your future players, fans & coaches. If the reaction by those players & coaches is right, they will do the intimidating.
    You’re exactly right. Some schools have multi million dollar buildings dedicated to trophies and banners.

The two places I've been where you could say banners are intimidating.The Dean Smith center at UNC and the arena at Duke.

6. Default Re: Football championship banner/flag

Sorry but the intimidators at LSU and Barbe High School are both intimidating . . . consistence performance creates what is on the intimidator . . . for it to be intimidating, consistency performance is needed.

Intimidators and banners evidence culture. Culture breeds consistency performance . . . it’s all a big circle . . .

I no really hope they add to the mystery in the spring and celebrate the softball and baseball championships.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    the arena at Duke.
    That’s not an arena. That’s a gym

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    That’s not an arena. That’s a gym
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    The two places I've been where you could say banners are intimidating.The Dean Smith center at UNC and the arena at Duke.
    In my best Red Buttons’ voice, “and Ragin’ Cajuns football, neva got a banner.”

Nice! Did you photo shop that?
    I saw them in a UL video and screenshot them. They're definitely in the indoor facility. Almost didn't believe my own eyes. They are Bad Azz! If I find that vid again, I'll let everyone know.

And yes, it is unbelievable we never had a raising of the banners at Cajun Field. UL has some very odd/interesting ways of doing things. Football has all these awesome shirts and hoodies, etc , Baseball too, but we're Forbidden from purchasing any of it.

These banners are the ultimate proof. All us die hard Cajun Football/Baseball/Everything fans and they hide Championship banners? This is the ultimate WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    I saw them in a UL video and screenshot them. They're definitely in the indoor facility. Almost didn't believe my own eyes. They are Bad Azz! If I find that vid again, I'll let everyone know.

And yes, it is unbelievable we never had a raising of the banners at Cajun Field. UL has some very odd/interesting ways of doing things. Football has all these awesome shirts and hoodies, etc , Baseball too, but we're Forbidden from purchasing any of it.

These banners are the ultimate proof. All us die hard Cajun Football/Baseball/Everything fans and they hide Championship banners? This is the ultimate WTF

Well there you go. Chapter 4 of Ray Authement's Pothumous "How to Win Fan's & Influence the Community to Support Your Program (NOT!)". And I quote, "Always put the championship hardware somewhere under lock & key where those damn communists don't have a chance to steal your treasures."

But Ray, we never won anything under you. You might say to his ghost? Then says his ghost,"That's because in chapter 2 I explain how to never support your athletic programs when you can get a local company in town to throw a crawfish boil & raise the money for you.

Does anyone know how to start a gofundme account so the fans can have their own SBC championship banner ceremony before the start of one of the games next season? Only thing is, no one from the university administration is invited to attend the event. What say the rest of you?

I really think they are just waiting for the stadium renovation that will one day (unfortunately it got pushed back) be complete to unveil stuff like this. Stadium reno, new banners, new mascot, new concessions. New environment. Hopefully that is the plan and alot Of these types of things we all brainstorm here will happen.

Knowing how our University operates historically in all areas they are not going to throw money at things that will have to be changed/moved soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    I really think they are just waiting for the stadium renovation that will one day (unfortunately it got pushed back) be complete to unveil stuff like this. Stadium reno, new banners, new mascot. New environment. Hopefully that is the plan and alot Of these types of things we all brainstorm here will happen, otherwise we are spinning our wheels and may as well leave FBS.
    So you're saying just hold out until I'm a hundred & seventy- five & that banner will be hanging up there huh? Go fund me is sounding better by the minute.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information